7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! I'm new here and have a question....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i do have navigation.

so i have an sv, premium, tech.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice combo! Same as mine
Old 08-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a few questions, I just bought a 2013 Maxima SV with the Sport package, I also have the Bose system and the color display with no Nav.

I have a couple of things that I would like to do right away. I want to get my door handles color matched to the car, I live in Chattanooga, and nowhere around here will paint them/ or sand them for me, because they can't warranty it. I have found one guy that said he would if I sanded it down. I have looked and couldn't find a thread stating what exactly I need to do for the best results. I want to get my windows wrapped too, and the trunk lid color matched. I really hate chrome.
I also want to add navigation at some point, from what I have read online it is pretty much impossible to replace the screen and stereo to an OEM Navigation. I found one that came out of a 2013 on ebay, but I am too afraid to buy it. I can't find any aftermarket double din kits that will fit this either. Does anyone have any suggestions on retrofitting an oem or aftermarket navigation system. I travel a lot and I would like to have a clean installed gps not a garmin. If not that sucks, I am also looking into installing an iPad mini I have looked at a few threads on that as well.

Last edited by rpoe07; 08-22-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 PM

As far as the OEM navigation, from what I've read, it will not work. The plugs are not the same.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
As far as the OEM navigation, from what I've read, it will not work. The plugs are not the same.
Yes, that is what I have read as well, that kind of sucks, I like the oem look. I really though that I did my homework before buying the car, I had the factory nag system in my cart on eBay. After I bought the car I was searching online to see if it was going to be a plug and play type swap or a more extensive install, when I found that it was virtually impossible to do. Even if I would have known that I couldn't add the factory nav it wouldn't have been a deal breaker by any means. Oh well no worries, I am looking into intraphex system now, or possibly going completely custom and installing an iPad. Let the mods begin
Old 08-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Transmission/abs issue

Ok. Here is the deal. This is my first Nissan, I am usually into American cars, but I got a good deal on it, so I though I would try.

The car is a 2004 Nissan Maxima SE 3.5 It has 140k on it. The car had been sitting for 2 years with a bad fuel pump. The car supposedly ran and drove fine when the fuel pump failed and I have no reason to believe otherwise. So. I put a battery charger on it (It was DEAD). Replaced the fuel pump and it started right up. My Happiness was short lived when I put it in drive and it would hardly move.

When I move the shifter over to the "Manual" Mode. It just says "5" and Moving it back and forth does not change anything. The only lights that are on are the ABS light, and the Air Bag light is flashing. NO CEL!. I scanned it to be sure and there is a stored code for P1800 (Variable intake solenoid blah blah). I cleared it several times but its still there. But still no CEL light.
The only other issue I seem to have is that the transmission has a very harsh engagement into reverse. I have not scanned the ABS code yet, I am waiting on a scanner. Any help would be great. The car starts right up and does not seem to have any other issues
I have read online that it can be everything from the Alternator to the Valve Body on the transmission. I was hoping that someone else on here could help. The thing that gets me is that there are no Codes besides the P1800. Thank you do much any help is appreciated.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 PM

Sorry you are having such difficulties with your '04 Maxima. The '04 is a good car, and has the most interior room of any Maxima ever built. But the help you get in this thread may be limited. This is the 7th generation forum (2009-2015 model years), while you are having problems with a 6th generation Maxima (2004-2008 model years).

If I were you, I would post this on the 6th gen forum under the same 'I'm new here and need help' thread, and if nobody answers within a few days, start a new thread just for your problems. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by rpoe07
I have a few questions, I just bought a 2013 Maxima SV with the Sport package, I also have the Bose system and the color display with no Nav. I have a couple of things that I would like to do right away. I want to get my door handles color matched to the car, I live in Chattanooga, and nowhere around here will paint them/ or sand them for me, because they can't warranty it. I have found one guy that said he would if I sanded it down. I have looked and couldn't find a thread stating what exactly I need to do for the best results. I want to get my windows wrapped too, and the trunk lid color matched. I really hate chrome. I also want to add navigation at some point, from what I have read online it is pretty much impossible to replace the screen and stereo to an OEM Navigation. I found one that came out of a 2013 on ebay, but I am too afraid to buy it. I can't find any aftermarket double din kits that will fit this either. Does anyone have any suggestions on retrofitting an oem or aftermarket navigation system. I travel a lot and I would like to have a clean installed gps not a garmin. If not that sucks, I am also looking into installing an iPad mini I have looked at a few threads on that as well.
As far as door handles you can buy some more and sand those down. I would recommend media blasting them or chrome dipping to get rid of chrome. Chrome is thee toughest thing to paint fyi. It can be done though as I got chrome grilles and had them blasted, coated and color matched. Expensive time consuming and annoying but worth it IMO.

There are plenty of double din systems that will fit and then you could mirror to the top screen. Look on 7th gen classifieds and a guy has a great deal on stereo, harness, back up camera, etc for like 3 bills. Includes everything. I was going to buy it but I bought another maxima instead!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

K&N CAI 69 series Typhoon

Hi I'm new and need some help. I made the biggest noobie mistake and posted my concern on the 4th gen page. I have a 2014 Maxima and just installed the CAI. I read the instructions and watched a video from K&N. They want you to remove the lower resonator tube to get the factory box out. During the installation they never tell you to cap it or not to worry about it. I ran the car and it seems to be fine. Now I have a line that goes no where and a I am a worried about it. Has anyone installed this in there car and should I just cap it and forget about it. I am new to performance and moding cars. If anyone can help it would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Help!  I'm new here and have a question....-189.jpg   Help!  I'm new here and have a question....-190.jpg  
Old 09-27-2014, 06:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey guys!!! recently purchased a 2014 Nissan Maxima Sport Package. Done a couple things to it but wanted to purchase the Stillen front lip. Live in a very small town here in Texas and I was wondering how much you guys paid for getting it painted and mounted. Got a quote for $500!!! which I think is insane...If you guys can help me out and give me an idea as to how much I should be paying for the labor I would certainly appreciate it. Thank You!
Old 12-07-2014, 01:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Drl help

Hi, I bought some DRLs and they did not come with anything but the lights themselves. I'm looking to install them so that they are on Most of the time ( while I'm driving around). Do I need to get a Module or something? i've been reading a lot of sites saying I need a module. Please let me know, New to this forum and would really like some help with this. Do I Also need a relay of some sort?

Last edited by HiiPower; 12-07-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Synthetic in the Maxima is strictly an option some drivers prefer. The Maxima is designed to run just fine on dino oil, and the Owner's Manual assumes most owners will be using dino. And they will. It is mostly drivers who are really into their cars that opt for synthetic. Synthetic is fine, but should not be used until the engine is properly broken in - that usually takes around 10,000 miles.

Synthetic is so slippery it makes the needed fitting together of engine parts much more difficult. As a result, engines that use synthetic from the beginning are very slow to be properly broken in, and may not be running efficiently for 30K or 40K miles.

Also be aware that synthetic oil, although it lubricates for a long time, should still be changed at 3,750 mile intervals, because it has gathered the same pollutants in suspension as dino oil does, and these need to come out of the car.

I believe that if you use a high quality filter your particulates should not be recirculated. You can't go wrong changing oil more often, but dependent on conditions and driving styles you could save money and time with less frequency.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Camurano2
I believe that if you use a high quality filter your particulates should not be recirculated. You can't go wrong changing oil more often, but dependent on conditions and driving styles you could save money and time with less frequency.
You are correct. I don't remember making that post, but I obviously did at some time in the past. Hopefully not recent past. With normal driving conditions, it would be a waste to change synthetic oil with less than 5K miles. With synthetic, I would have no trouble going 7500 or even 10K with good driving conditions.

Thanks for catching this.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:05 PM
RR5

Question What is up with the 2011's FSM

Didn't want to make a new thread, last year I got into a 2011 Maxima. Looking at the FSM pages, I find the fwd.pdf lists sections that are not present for the 2011 Maxima on http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Maxima/2011%20Maxima/ but are found on http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Maxima/2010/ and it's the same for the 2012 Maxima.

What's going on? Specifically the EXL (Exterior Lighting) isn't found for the 2011-2012 but is there on the 2010 page.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Post Intakesdo you speak spanish?

What up im new to this forum tried searching for an answer but couldnt find one! Just bough 2011 maxima sv fully loaded and i want to install an intake. What does everyone think the best one is?
Old 03-24-2015, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by xXCrypticXx
What up im new to this forum tried searching for an answer but couldnt find one! Just bough 2011 maxima sv fully loaded and i want to install an intake. What does everyone think the best one is?
Lots of guys here opt for a drop in... But there is plenty talk on short ram intakes (sri) and cold air intakes (cai) here.
I personally dont have one installed (yet) but will likely do a drop in filter...
Old 03-24-2015, 10:49 AM

The stock intake with a high quality drop in air filter is the way to go.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Exclamation im new

hey guy im new to this and have had my 2012 maxima for about a year decided to join a forum because i need help with getting some headers changed.. i have a borla exhuast system and an AEM intake system i want to add a couple of more horsepower before i tune but not so sure what else to add please help!!!

Last edited by Msebahie; 03-24-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Msebahie
hey guy im new to this and have had my 2012 maxima for about a year decided to join a forum because i need help with getting some headers changed.. i have a borla exhuast system and an AEM intake system i want to add a couple of more horsepower before i tune but not so sure what else to add please help!!!
Welcome.
If u havent already read, the Racingline Y-Pipe is going to be one of your best HP mods (not sure if u have one already) thats probably the most advice i have, as i havent modded my max extensively and dnt plan on doing so, but look around and u will definitely find answer to most, if not all, of ur Maxima questions!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by dexcool
Welcome.
If u havent already read, the Racingline Y-Pipe is going to be one of your best HP mods (not sure if u have one already) thats probably the most advice i have, as i havent modded my max extensively and dnt plan on doing so, but look around and u will definitely find answer to most, if not all, of ur Maxima questions!
thank you very much! yes, ive actually looked into it just waiting for it to be installed.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:25 PM

Hi I rescently put a deposit on a 2011 sv I'm trying to figure out if it's the premium package it has all the options except for the boss sound system and the navi can anyone help me out plz
Old 03-27-2015, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tonz01
Hi I rescently put a deposit on a 2011 sv I'm trying to figure out if it's the premium package it has all the options except for the boss sound system and the navi can anyone help me out plz
If it has an all glass roof then it has the premium package
Old 03-27-2015, 12:35 PM

Ok I got the premium package then with no tech thanks
Old 04-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by jeffrotexas
Now I have a line that goes no where and a I am a worried about it. Has anyone installed this in there car and should I just cap it and forget about it.
I _think_ this thread may help you out
https://maxima.org/forums/7th-genera...em-intake.html
Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Difference between 2012 and 2013 sport package?

What are the differences between 2012 and 2013 sport package?

It appears that in 2013 the sport package included cooled driver's seat and a color screen with backup. Is that true?

Are there other differences?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2015, 12:39 PM

Question about the cd player

I got the 2011 sv with premium package with no tech package now I'm just wondering if I burn a cd with MP3 files would it be able to play it?
Old 04-16-2015, 01:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

CVT H8er

Hi hi,
What is the best product to MOD / Flash my ECM? Bully Dog?
I hate how the cvt is always in 6th gear.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:05 PM

I got the 2011 sv with premium package with no tech package now I'm just wondering if I burn a cd with MP3 files would it be able to play it?
Anyone ??
Old 04-16-2015, 08:35 PM

I only have experience with my car....tech package, but I think pretty much any modern car stereo does this. Try burning one & see if it works.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by MNaj
Hi hi,
What is the best product to MOD / Flash my ECM? Bully Dog?
I hate how the cvt is always in 6th gear.

What do you mean that it's stuck in 6th gear?
Old 04-17-2015, 06:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

What do you mean that it's stuck in 6th gear?

Well not stuck, you know... if you're at 30-40mph the dumb thing will be in 6th gear, 1200rpm, no power.
Be nice to program the shift points.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:00 PM

What happens when you step on it? At those speeds, my car picks up pretty quickly.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mr.

Dear all ,
I have a question about 2012 Maxima ,, i have a problem with the info screen ,, suddenly the screen shut and till now its not working . the car is under warranty , will this be able to fix ? and will the warranty cover all the cost ?
Thank you in advance for helping me .
Old 04-19-2015, 01:31 AM

Your warranty should take care of it. Others have had the same issue.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What happens when you step on it? At those speeds, my car picks up pretty quickly.

Na the car is fine, I just hate the stupid CVT, wish it shifted like a standard A/T. I contacted a local dyno shop, said they can tune it, just rather do it myself and save some $.

Anyone hear of tuning the low rev or shift points?
Old 05-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks so much

Just wanted to say thanks to the Maxima guys for leading me in the right direction with the knocking noise. The engine is being replaced as we speak. Now how do I get a new warranty or is it automatic?
Old 05-30-2015, 09:10 PM

It's not automatic...seems like Nissan is not giving them out any longer. Should not stop you from trying though. You never know, if you make enough noise & speak with the right people, you may get lucky.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Help with brake lights

Trying to get help tooo.
I got a 06 maxima and my brake lights won't turn off. The way to turn yhem is to disconnect the battery or remove the 10 smp fuse marked electronic components in the interior fuse box.
Without the fuse my brake lights work properly. But i have no dash panel indicators to let me know if my turn sinals are on. No way to see if the high beams are on. My a/c and dash odometer reset every time the car is shut down.

I tried replacing the brake pedal sensor. No luck.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Smile CVT is not too bad (tons of discussions in other posts I guess)

Originally Posted by MNaj
Na the car is fine, I just hate the stupid CVT, wish it shifted like a standard A/T. I contacted a local dyno shop, said they can tune it, just rather do it myself and save some $.

Anyone hear of tuning the low rev or shift points?
If you don't mind me interjecting, my apologies since I was not invited, but I just wanted to comment I think you are describing one of the actual purposes of the CVT, saving gas running at an equivalent of 6th gear at 40mph and 1200rpm, sounds pretty good to me... at that point, you should be barely stepping on the gas, just cruising... however, if you want to overtake somebody, step on the gas first, and then switch to manual, and do one down shift (or two)... be careful the first time, watch your rpm and don't be afraid of reaching 5,000, needless to say, make sure you test this in a motorway with at least 70mph legal speed limit, because likely you'll speed pretty quick ! (or at least that's what my 09 SV spot does )

Keep it legal folks
Old 06-22-2015, 01:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey all, just picked up a 2012 Maxima SV and had a question regarding my transmission.

I just got back from a trip, drove 6 hours on Friday with no problems whatsoever and 6 hours back today. Cruised along about 70-80 both ways, but on the way back at two different stops, the care went into limp mode basically; barely move and tach would not budge over 2k. Did the transmission just overheat with the long time driving at those speeds (some hill driving on the way back, more then on way down) or am I looking at a toasted transmission. If toasted, I am pulling out lemon law on this and getting my cash back.

Quick Reply: Help! I'm new here and have a question....