Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

The Maxima.org Detailing Product Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

A detail shop in Fresno uses the new car wax from the Nissan dealer.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dipes2000SE

Turtle Wax Color Cure Car Polish with Chip Stick

I just tried this yesterday. The Chip Stick works great for covering up all of the rock chips I have on the hood and blends in fairly good. However, the chip stick was useless on scratches, whether they were minor or scratches that chipped the paint.

As for the polish itself, I'm not that impressed by it. I feel that the car polish provided doesn't give the same shine, as you would get by other products.

Final Verdict: I feel like I paid $10 for a white chip stick to hide the many chips i have on my hood.

similarly, i feel pretty ambivalent about the color cure. i couldn't get the chip stick to do anything worth while, but i thought the "paint enhancing" polish worked quite nicely, especially hiding the smaller scratches.

Originally Posted by kcidmil
Turtle Wax F21

Pros: A shine that will last around 4 months outside in direct, heat and sunlight. 2 months in a rainy climate. Lasts longer when used on interior pieces.

Cons: The stuff runs easily, and smears glass. Can be used on the rag first, but takes a lot more to get the same result.

I compared this against Black Magic, Armor All, and Meguires. Turtle Wax lasted the longest out of all 4.

I liked all the turtle wax f21 line of products— polish, interior cleaner/protectant EXCEPT the tire tire wheel cleaner. Worthless. The interior spray works better.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by logik05se
Nu Finish Worked Great For Me.

Pros:easy To Apply, And Leaves A Great Lasting Shine.
Cons: A Little Pricey For The Size Plus You Will Use Almost Half In One Waxing.

I liked it alright also. Lasts forever, AND you can apply it in sunlight! SWEET!! Can't escape the sun in the desert w/o a garage.

But it think homeboy was using WAY too much of it if he went through half a bottle on one application...errr, that is if it's the 16oz-er. I've had the one bottle for at least two years—and that's about six applications, with enough to use another time or two. it was like seven or so bucks at wally-world.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Plexus! plastic cleaner and polish

I havnt seen anyone post about this stuff....ITS AWESOME! I have been using it for years on cars, bikes, and some household items. It really works wonders on plastic head/tail lights. It brings back life to faded door pillar posts and plastic grills. It shines up chrome, stainless, paint, plastic.....about any hard surface....and its really easy to use.

Cons- The only problem is that I can only find it at motorcycle shops or order it from Plexus.com

Highly recommend tryin it to make and keep your head/tail lights lookin new!!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:48 AM

Wow

I sound like a damn info-mercial!! Sorry
Old 01-20-2008, 06:22 AM

RainX Carwash. Has wax beads in the soap. Two jobs in one. Very good stuff.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by bricks342133
RainX Carwash. Has wax beads in the soap. Two jobs in one. Very good stuff.
I have used rainX carwash it is good and water does bead off the car nice but my car didnt seem to look as clean as it does when i use other washes.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:50 PM

And what is the best to keep viynle dash looking good?
Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

PlastiX is awesome! Very inexpensive way to get your headlights back to where they need to be.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Menzerna Intensive Polish...
All I can say is WOW as last week was the first time I have uses the product. I had a nice shine to my 9 year old paint prior to using the polish, but after my semi-annual wash, clay, polish, sealer, wax treatment...this was by far the best polish I have gotten my hands on, hands down (no pun intended.) I'm very happy with the results.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:53 PM

Meguiars ScratchX 2.0

I debadged my Super Black '97 today and after I was done, I was not happy to see a ton of little scratches in my clear coat. I tried waxing with no satisfactory results. So I went and bought some of this stuff and some applicator pads. I preped the area by removing the wax and letting it dry. Following the instructions on the bottle, I applied the ScratchX. After about three applications, there were no more scratches. I put on two coats of wax, and it's shinny as f*ck.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:46 AM
I miss my VE

Mothers VLR

looks like it does the job. also what i like about it, it doesnt give that corny super shiney look on the dash board. it just makes it look clean, like on a brand new car. use it on my leather too.. nothing exciting but i assume it protects
Old 10-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I miss my VE

Meguires Deep Crystal Polish&Wax

Gave my electric dark blue car a nice deep wet shine. Was very happy with the way the wax went on especially. Easy application, perfect drying time, and easy rub off. Of course I used their polish right before. Just not sure how long it will last, but I'll keep it up with the spray wax after car washes.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:11 AM

I've used Zaino's "polish system" on several cars and doing the new Maxima this weekend.

Pros:Easy to use and take off, put a few coats on and you won't find another product with a deeper shine, it is amazing how much better your car shines and your car doesn't spot up after it rains, water just runs off this polish.
Con: Expensive, time consuming because you clay bar, and then put on up to 3 coats the same time.

Just google Zaino Brothers, I buy direct from them, not sure if other places sell it. I would rather buy direct from the source.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by SILVER1000
I havnt seen anyone post about this stuff....ITS AWESOME! I have been using it for years on cars, bikes, and some household items. It really works wonders on plastic head/tail lights. It brings back life to faded door pillar posts and plastic grills. It shines up chrome, stainless, paint, plastic.....about any hard surface....and its really easy to use.

Cons- The only problem is that I can only find it at motorcycle shops or order it from Plexus.com

Highly recommend tryin it to make and keep your head/tail lights lookin new!!

Plexus is a common used to clean Eisenglass ( the clear material used for enclosures ) on boats. As an avid recreational tuna fisherman , Ive used it for years. Most boaters believe that Pledge is the same product , and get similar results using it. Just an FYI , as Plexus is considerably more expensive
Old 01-11-2016, 09:43 AM
ATS

zymol
Old 10-14-2016, 07:38 AM

I found "Street Appeal" or "Drivers Choice" cleaner to be fantastic! It's just $1 for a whole bottle at Dollar Tree and does a good job of loosening the orange color brake dust from my tires.

Just spray it on heavily wait 15 minutes scrub a bit then spray off with a hose.

No detailing or BS. the brake dust washes right off.

Last edited by maximatech12; 10-14-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:33 PM

I've used mothers, meguires and others but find autoglym to be a great product. Well worth a try for anyone who hasn't yet tried their products out.
Old 12-02-2023, 08:36 PM

I'll add to the Zaino fan club. I love the #2 Detailer, great for removing water spots (hard water, black paint and Texas sun makes them inevitable). The #6 Sealer is easy to apply and works well. I used the #5 Polish/ Sealer once, but went back to #6.

Anyone have any experience with protectants from 303? They have me curious.