1/4 and 1/8 Mile Racing Talk about track times, launch techniques, strategies, etc. Check out the "Timeslips" subforum for posted times.No discussion of street racing will be tolerated.

New All Motor Vq Record Set

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by blubyu2k2

I was on slicks but I get a little break since I'm an auto . My high trap for the day was 99.97 still no were near 102 but I have ****ty gearing . GL in beating my time as I hope to beat it next weekend. I will post slips either tonight with my digi cam or scan them tomorrow at work.

Matt
congrats on the time man. Imagine if you were a 6 speed you will have a quicker time.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by 99maximagxe
congrats on the time man. Imagine if you were a 6 speed you will have a quicker time.
yes I know ...but i do what I can
Old 02-28-2003, 11:44 PM

sorry man I missed your best run, you must have been right after me. You WILL break 100mph on your traps 'cause I know you want that shat bad as hell. As far as you guys busting this guys ***** about his alty times....give him a break and let him breath. He gave me props on my 14.69 time so give him props on his. Yes I posted the timeslip the next day but that was through a friends computer, not through my POS compooter. As far as BJS 3.5SE launching the car at 3500rpm good lord!!! I launch my car at between 1000-1500 rpm and I hope I don't spin too much( a little bit of spin is perfect for a FWD car it is hard to explain). I am thinking my 60fts would be close to yours if it wasn't for my nearly bald tires(and they are crappy tires for that matter). Some Dunlop sp8000's or comp t/a's would be nice
. As of right now blu ownz the alty .
Old 03-01-2003, 05:28 AM

Originally posted by KINGMAX
sorry man I missed your best run, you must have been right after me. You WILL break 100mph on your traps 'cause I know you want that shat bad as hell. As far as you guys busting this guys ***** about his alty times....give him a break and let him breath. He gave me props on my 14.69 time so give him props on his. Yes I posted the timeslip the next day but that was through a friends computer, not through my POS compooter. As far as BJS 3.5SE launching the car at 3500rpm good lord!!!
. As of right now blu ownz the alty .
Thanx bro....I just installed my Y pipe and Crank pulley friday and man the car feels quicker. I can't wait to go to the track in a few days, to see what she'll do (i'm hopin atleast .2 tenth's). But now i'm havin some bad traction issues O well, i'll post my slips after i go
Old 03-01-2003, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by BJS 3.5SE
..a cars only as fast as its driver

NO DOUBTING THAT!!! my friend has a modded alti 5spd and runs 15.1

I got in it and ran 14.4 and we weigh the same. Im in florida 85 degree weather with 100% humidity.

My auto 2k2 (doesnt take an expert to drive) needs good timing and just the right amt of finesse to get to 14.501 with NA with stock suspension and street tires and a 2.18 60' time. and a 9.1 1/8th' in 83 degree weather and 95% humidity.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:53 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally posted by SprintMax
all motor is
Old 03-03-2003, 05:34 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by SR20DEN

so when will you be racing again.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:27 AM

U just say that cuz ur NOT NA....but thats cool....since at least u do have one fast ride.
All motor vq's will be in the 12's once the headers come out and people start runnin slicks more ....so u may wanna hit the dragstrip to set the bar higher
Old 03-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

All motor vq's will be in the 12's once the headers come out and people start runnin slicks more ....
NO FREAKIN WAY IN A FWD PLATFORM WILL HEADERS AND SLICKS DO THIS!
Maybe in Antartica with a 100mph tail wind.

A 350z, thats another story.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:10 AM
VQ Wizard

U just say that cuz ur NOT NA....but thats cool....since at least u do have one fast ride.
All motor vq's will be in the 12's once the headers come out and people start runnin slicks more ....so u may wanna hit the dragstrip to set the bar higher
Wow.. you're even more optimistic than some people we know. I believe a VQ35 powered car could possibly do 12's NA but it will take alot more than just a set of headers. Mardigras mention of the RWD 350Z is a far more realistic approach.

And for the record, my car really is NA. Especially now since I took the nitrous off and never put it back on. May car has been refered to as the "part time 12's" car seeing as how it can't use nitrous 24/7.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:15 AM
SLOW

I was messing around with cartest the other day trying to get the max into 12s all motor. Without increasing power levels, emax could be in 12s all motor if he got the race weight down to about 2850lbs, a 4th gen could be in 12s if it got down to about 2400lbs (bolt ons).
Old 03-03-2003, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax

NO FREAKIN WAY IN A FWD PLATFORM WILL HEADERS AND SLICKS DO THIS!
Maybe in Antartica with a 100mph tail wind.

A 350z, thats another story.
i don't know bro.....i'm gonna be in the mid 13's on street tires this wensday...add some slicks and headers and it wouldn't be too far off.
I can understand y the Z car should be in the 12's.
But all i can speak for, is my ride
Old 03-03-2003, 10:20 AM
VQ Wizard

i don't know bro.....i'm gonna be in the mid 13's on street tires this wensday...

ok.. im sorry but......

props to you if you prove yourself right.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Nealoc187
I was messing around with cartest the other day trying to get the max into 12s all motor. Without increasing power levels, emax could be in 12s all motor if he got the race weight down to about 2850lbs, a 4th gen could be in 12s if it got down to about 2400lbs (bolt ons).
Speakin of EMAX..whats he been up too?..he must be gettin his car faster.
I think i can get my weight down to 3100 lbs with driver.
I'd have to remove about 200#'s from my street trim weight.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:27 AM
VQ Wizard

Speakin of EMAX..whats he been up too?..he must be gettin his car faster.
I think i can get my weight down to 3100 lbs with driver.
I'd have to remove about 200#'s from my street trim weight.
O I C... yeah gut the car. I could insert a mean comment here about why you should do that anyways.

The main consensus here is that we attain numbers with the car in daily driven attire. I guess the rest of us will have to put a "Interior Not Raped" on our timeslips.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:36 AM

O I C... yeah gut the car. I could insert a mean comment here about why you should do that anyways.

The main consensus here is that we attain numbers with the car in daily driven attire. I guess the rest of us will have to put a "Interior Not Raped" on our timeslips.
The last time i raced i only toke out 75 lbs...this time maybe i'll take out more, but no more then some of u guys have(rear seats, pass. seat, spare, jack)...I will try to make a pass with my full interior.
I may not hit 12's, since i don't think i'll buy headers because of my job. But I will try to do my best.
When i had my 12 second daily driven all motor honda back in 1998 people were trippen, maybe its time for that again
But i feel u guys drift, i'll have the new timeslips soon
Old 03-03-2003, 11:11 AM

SR20DEN, aren't u from the Bay Area..if so, a few of us Vq guys r gonna @ sacramento raceway this wensday, it would be nice to see ur car run, even in all motor trim
Old 03-03-2003, 11:18 AM
VQ Wizard

SR20DEN, aren't u from the Bay Area..if so, a few of us Vq guys r gonna @ sacramento raceway this wensday, it would be nice to see ur car run, even in all motor trim

Naa.. im too lazy to drive to the Left coast from the Right coast in one day. Map

But thanks for the invite.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Chris91SE

now it's 4 door...first you make the claim of being the fastest all motor VQ period...

in any event i'll be running the 350Z once the track reopens locally (damn snow ) just an FYI SCC mag threw a porsche exhaust on that Z and made LESS power w/ it hence the slow times. I know guys are getting good numbers w/ the ACTUAL aftermarket parts designed FOR the Z.

in any event those are good times but don't come on here talking big and bad cause 9 times out of 10 those are the ones to get shot down
when did you get a 350Z? what color is it? sweet!
Old 03-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by VQdriver
when did you get a 350Z? what color is it? sweet!
it wish it was mine but it's not

it's my dad's but he's not a racer. i get to run it looks like he wants to mod it as well so research time, benchmark runs, then mods. Guess i can leave the Celica GTS in the driveway now. I don't feel like beating the **** out of it on the track anymore anyway.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I may not hit 12's, since i don't think i'll buy headers because of my job. But I will try to do my best.
just a little bit of limited input...i dont know if headers will help u that much, i know on the 3rd gen some people back in the day messed w/ headers got no increase in horsepower, the stock ones were 2 good...even moreso u had a honda which gets good increases from headers, so i think u r expecting 2 much from that...the best maxima mod n/a has always been the y-pipe....unless on the new vq's nissan started making the headers worse than they used 2 b....just my 2 cents
Old 03-07-2003, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by Maximajism94se

just a little bit of limited input...i dont know if headers will help u that much, i know on the 3rd gen some people back in the day messed w/ headers got no increase in horsepower, the stock ones were 2 good...even moreso u had a honda which gets good increases from headers, so i think u r expecting 2 much from that...the best maxima mod n/a has always been the y-pipe....unless on the new vq's nissan started making the headers worse than they used 2 b....just my 2 cents
Headers would help out quite a bit on the new Vq cars.
1.The Cat. converters are located on the exhuast manifold,so taking them out would help exhuast flow ALOT.
2. The size of the collectors is small, maybe not even 2" on each bank
3. The headers along with Cats weight alot...u would save atleast 20 lbs lbs by gettin the headers
I would like to buy them, but the nature of my job prevents that...that will give some people an advantage over my car, but thats ok.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:12 PM

There is no better way to pump u Maxima guys up other then makin waves, in ur perfect world, and that was the point of my thread, i want all of ur cars to take it up a notch, so we don't get our a** handed to us by neons. As far as the quickest 4 door all motor title. I may have it, i may not, it depends who u talk too, but i really don't care..since this is my slower family car. In fact i hope alota u guys get pumped and go to the track and run quick, thats my point.
I Hope u have a good day too.oh and keep haulin A** in the volvo thats a trip
I am not 1 to post on here, but I just had to tell you that your taking the wrong approach. Nobody here gives a schitt about you or your alty. Last time I checked this was MAXIMA.org? If you want any respect,put it on video!!! A time slip is a peice of paper. If you would like , I can show you some time slips in the low 12's high 13's, but actions speak louder then words. Anytime you try to blast (pump up) Maxima guys there will be a million excuses and comments. You might be the FASTEST alty in cow town Sacremento but bring your ride down south and you'll get humbled, and thats my point. I hope you have good day as well.
P.S. FOck the Kings----
Old 03-19-2003, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SprintMax
all motor is
ALL MOTOR is a built engine not a Stock Engine with a few bolt-ons.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by 420MAX
I am not 1 to post on here, but I just had to tell you that your taking the wrong approach. Nobody here gives a schitt about you or your alty. Last time I checked this was MAXIMA.org? If you want any respect,put it on video!!! A time slip is a peice of paper. If you would like , I can show you some time slips in the low 12's high 13's, but actions speak louder then words. Anytime you try to blast (pump up) Maxima guys there will be a million excuses and comments. You might be the FASTEST alty in cow town Sacremento but bring your ride down south and you'll get humbled, and thats my point. I hope you have good day as well.
P.S. FOck the Kings----
OOuch that was a low blow. come on man its friendly competition. Besides hes a vq not a honda. Go lakers. payce.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by 420MAX
P.S. FOck the Kings----
i haven't been around in a while...First U sure talk BIG, soundin like u hard A**......i'm here in nor cal..and ne time u wana run let me know.
...i think u need to get back to your homework little boy.

BTW Congrats to NEALOC....i saw hes down to a 13.62@100 mph on slicks......., i guess i need to get some also
Old 04-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

ok this thread is done.

happy modding and happy racing.

BTW feel free to keep us updated. Some us around here care