1/4 and 1/8 Mile Racing Talk about track times, launch techniques, strategies, etc. Check out the "Timeslips" subforum for posted times.No discussion of street racing will be tolerated.

16.30 1/4mile

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
O.k ill stop posting pics of my ride (that i dont have anymore) can you post picks of your ride (that you do still have)........ please... well in honest opinion i really dont have my timeslip anymore (really i cant find it) but datdue20 saw my times IIRC 24Kondaway... the maxima beside me (use to be mines also) saw the timeslip so yea like i said 15.0 is nothing to lie about but just because your gonna keep crying and hang yourself... i did 15.4@70mph hope that made you feel better, you got me ooooooooooooo!!!.... who says weight reduction doesnt make a difference????????????? just because i took out some cloth back seat doesnt means that im oh so faster... matter of fact i dont think i was faster period... dude chill, i can see your anger... im faster than you and thats that (weather plays a factor, track prep, 60' etc) c'mon man stop showing your noobism like that, your not making it better on yourself... as the bigger "KID" ill just drop the convo, cause u post nothing with sense... the track is open next sunday, go give it a try, you may just get lucky... or ill meet you up there and show you how to drive an auto.... Now that i remember, wasnt i the person on your thread that was giving you pointers on where to launch and shift???... i could be wrong so dont get red with steam coming from your ears lol
lol, no ones getting there panties in a bunch but you man. Im just trying to show how you cant compare two cars with totally different suspensions. Its not that hard to understand, you just choose to remain ignorant about it, even though you yourself know how much of a difference coilovers make.

Get at me when you can post a time slip.

Last edited by SmokinMax02; 04-05-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinMax01
lol, no ones getting there panties in a bunch but you man. Im just trying to show how you cant compare two cars with totally different suspensions. Its not that hard to understand, you just choose to remain ignorant about it, even though you yourself know how much of a difference coilovers make.

Get at me when you can post a time slip.
maybe your the one that need to get at me, im the one ahead lol... im not comparing cars im comparing times lol noticed i havent called you any names yet lol... why dont you get coilovers then if it makes so much of a difference??? dude you had a Y-pipe (as if that doesnt make a difference??? dont you have a hi flow also??? c'mon dude chill off the coilovers talk... it does make a difference o.k... so not only i am a better driver but a smarter one because with less performance i had more output... why are you talking about panties in a bunch??? you dont like the pink thong im wearing for you ... your done dude... we can line up at capitol sometime... im completely stock with no coilovers not to mention that im running 18.1's so you should get me be a half of a track
Old 04-05-2009, 08:25 PM

maybe your the one that need to get at me, im the one ahead lol...
Damn dude, your english is so choppy, lol. Post a timeslip already.

im not comparing cars im comparing times...
LMFAO

In order to compare times you have to compare cars...

Hilarious.

c'mon dude chill off the coilovers talk... it does make a difference o.k......
Now you're learning...

Well done.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM

dude im on the internet im not in engris class srry...

are u sayin unless cars have the exact same mods then theres no comparison whatsoever?? cause for all that mardigrah's maxima isnt faster than mines because he's got a 5spd with more mods than mines... nobody's maxima isnt faster than my 15.0 maxima because they have an injen cold air and i have an ebay one... and unless you have the same K-sport coilovers with the same height drop, wear and tear then its not a fair comparison...
Old 04-05-2009, 08:46 PM

i never said coilovers dont make a difference, i had a thread on em thats not the only reason why my car is faster than yours, so again... chill off my coilovers
Old 04-06-2009, 01:53 PM

Anyhow back on topic before the E-Thug session came about.

16.3 sounds about right for all that weight in the car... Come on dude... you weigh 360 lbs? Good thing you have a spacious maxima. On top of that you have a 200 lb passenger? Seriously you can't tell the difference that your car's slower with more people in there? Common sense would answer your questions lols.

Here's a good idea. Not trying to be a ***** or an a$$hole or anything but the cheapest/best mod you can do is weight reduction on yourself. If you're to lose that passenger and a hundred pounds, that 1/4 mile time would be SIGNIFICANTLY lower. Lols if I was to be back in my fit high school body, I'd be able to pull mid 13's all day! Ohhh... to be young again.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM

i own 4th gen 5spd. kind of random a random post, i was lookin to find 0-60 times for my car and i wanted to add... i ran a 14.982 sec pas in the 1/4 stock. first time, first race of the season this weekend.

decent reacon time .17X
street tires.
ghetto ebay intake
premium gas
thrush muffler
thats it. i kept tire psi at the same too.

take out everything. i had no back seats, no spare or trunk peices. nothing but me and the passenge seat. get good reaction times, shift hella fast, and wait till a cool NON humid day. it was like low 50's when i ran, perfect air for my little beast
Old 04-11-2009, 09:41 AM

i still ran a 15.9 with stock suspen and pepboys special intake im happy i got into thee 15's lol and im auto

ok back to topic!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:18 PM
SLOW

weight is without a doubt the reason your car was so slow down the track. kick out the passenger and run with way less gas in the car and it'll be significantly faster. 2.5 60' time is really bad. go to the track again with less weight in the car and more practice and you'll get into the 15s I'm sure.

you dudes arguing need to stop unless you're just playing around, in which case you still need to stop whoring up the dude's thread.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:45 AM

well im sure that the near 600 in drive passenger weight didnt help your speed, you have to remember 87 is the lowest octain, if you would have put say 87 with 2-3 gallons of 100+ you would be burning alot cleaner at a higher temp, like using octain booster. you should also look up and see how weight effects your speed im not sure but i think its 75lbs, is like extra .05 seconds or something, changing your oil before you go to synthetic would help with internal power, but thats just what i would do

happy easter
Old 04-13-2009, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by maximal01
well im sure that the near 600 in drive passenger weight didnt help your speed, you have to remember 87 is the lowest octain, if you would have put say 87 with 2-3 gallons of 100+ you would be burning alot cleaner at a higher temp, like using octain booster. you should also look up and see how weight effects your speed im not sure but i think its 75lbs, is like extra .05 seconds or something, changing your oil before you go to synthetic would help with internal power, but thats just what i would do

happy easter
I fill up with 91 every time
I actually filled up this morning so im hoping by wed ill be like 1/2tank or something
I was gonna just fill up like $5 at a time and just have like 1/8 of a tank when I got to the track
but I forgot

but wed im going back to the track
without a passenger
and gonna do that 2nd 3rd 4th shift at 6000RPM instead of red line and
what should I launch at like 3500?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by gnar07
i own 4th gen 5spd. kind of random a random post, i was lookin to find 0-60 times for my car and i wanted to add... i ran a 14.982 sec pas in the 1/4 stock. first time, first race of the season this weekend.

decent reacon time .17X
street tires.
ghetto ebay intake
premium gas
thrush muffler
thats it. i kept tire psi at the same too.

take out everything. i had no back seats, no spare or trunk peices. nothing but me and the passenge seat. get good reaction times, shift hella fast, and wait till a cool NON humid day. it was like low 50's when i ran, perfect air for my little beast
WTF you ran a 14.9 basically stock???
and 0-60 for a 5SPD maxima 4th gen is 6.6seconds
Old 04-13-2009, 12:39 PM

not impossible...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:16 PM

so I went yesterday
my times improved, no passenger a bit over half a tank of gas and it was windy as hell(I don't know if that makes a difference)

R/T .239
60' 2.332
1/4mile 15.597 @ 86.20MPH

and it was 58 degrees outside.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by SE5spd
WTF you ran a 14.9 basically stock???
and 0-60 for a 5SPD maxima 4th gen is 6.6seconds
Yes. My own stock run was a 14.8. The best completely stock maxima time is a low 14.2? (look in stickies).

so I went yesterday
my times improved, no passenger a bit over half a tank of gas and it was windy as hell(I don't know if that makes a difference)

R/T .239
60' 2.332

Much much better time. The trap speed still reflects the extra 100 lbs in the car but the time is much more acceptable. I hope you're not launching @ 3500 rpms w/ stock tires. That's probably a little too high as I'm sure you're breaking traction and spinning a bit before you grab.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 1chewabacha1
Yes. My own stock run was a 14.8. The best completely stock maxima time is a low 14.2? (look in stickies).

Much much better time. The trap speed still reflects the extra 100 lbs in the car but the time is much more acceptable. I hope you're not launching @ 3500 rpms w/ stock tires. That's probably a little too high as I'm sure you're breaking traction and spinning a bit before you grab.
I did launch at 3300ish and was spinning for a little and then gripped
thats my only problem I don't know what to launch at
I did have my tires at like 25PSI though instead of 50
I wanna get a smooth take off but it seems every time I get that FWD bounce before I grip
Old 04-16-2009, 03:09 PM

well at least your getting better gradually... good thing going on here... your 60' shows you could do a lil better also (really its probebly because of your traction).. i do agree that 86mph is a bit low... did you check your car for any codes??? (knock sensor?).. i cant help with a manual launch cause im auto, but i would try what most ppl said, and launch a bit lower than 3500 or where ever your launching at... you seem like a fast learner keep at it... get better traction off the line and your 60' will drop and times will be lower, seems like you can pull low 15's and a possible PB 14.9 with a decent 2.0 60'
Old 04-18-2009, 12:51 AM

well at least your getting better gradually... good thing going on here... your 60' shows you could do a lil better also (really its probebly because of your traction).. i do agree that 86mph is a bit low... did you check your car for any codes??? (knock sensor?).. i cant help with a manual launch cause im auto, but i would try what most ppl said, and launch a bit lower than 3500 or where ever your launching at... you seem like a fast learner keep at it... get better traction off the line and your 60' will drop and times will be lower, seems like you can pull low 15's and a possible PB 14.9 with a decent 2.0 60'
well I just got a Y pipe
so hopefully that will make me shave some time off too.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:47 AM
That's Mr. Detail to you

so I went yesterday

R/T .239
60' 2.332

Trap speed is pretty low for a mid 15 pass, should be 90-91 mph. When is the last time the plugs were changed? Were you running into the wind, tailwind or was it a cross wind? I'd get your car optimized (new plugs, clean air filter, etc) and run under calmer conditions to get a true baseline before you start throw mods at your car.

Your weight (do you really weigh 360?) is going to be a problem too, that is like most people running with a passenger. Just like with my road bike (Lance Armstrong type bike), me losing weight is cheaper than spending $3500 on a 16 pound bike to replace my 19 pound bike.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Scottwax
Trap speed is pretty low for a mid 15 pass, should be 90-91 mph. When is the last time the plugs were changed? Were you running into the wind, tailwind or was it a cross wind? I'd get your car optimized (new plugs, clean air filter, etc) and run under calmer conditions to get a true baseline before you start throw mods at your car.

Your weight (do you really weigh 360?) is going to be a problem too, that is like most people running with a passenger. Just like with my road bike (Lance Armstrong type bike), me losing weight is cheaper than spending $3500 on a 16 pound bike to replace my 19 pound bike.
yes I do weigh 360LBS
I tried changing the plugs a couple weeks ago but FWD V6= a head ache
filter has about 1000miles on it, it was a cross wind
Old 04-18-2009, 04:49 PM

yea 360lbs dont help
Old 04-18-2009, 09:20 PM

I realize you have a little extra weight so will require more RPM's to get off the line, but I would still try to bring it down a little on the launch. Test it out around 2800rpms and see how that does. I wouldn't dump the clutch, I would try to smoothly/quickly let the clutch out as you're feeding the gas in, in a linear motion.
Also airing down the front tires to 25psi or so like you did will help w/ the traction. Keep the rears aired up around 40 or so. I tend to stay out of the water box and do a quick dry spin to dust off any gravel that may have stuck to your tires. Practice and you'll keep improving. Get your launches down then start worrying about the reaction time. I usually leave when the last yellow lights up. Good Luck.