1/4 and 1/8 Mile Racing Talk about track times, launch techniques, strategies, etc. Check out the "Timeslips" subforum for posted times.No discussion of street racing will be tolerated.

Track this Friday

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Wants a real car

Track this Friday

Hey Guys,

After doing a 5 speed swap this summer I decided to try racing at the track. I went for the first time about three weeks ago bone stock and ran a 15.1 @ 93 MPH r/t .5 (running a 4/10s pro tree) Not the best, but I consider it not bad for a first time ever and bone stock maxima, I passed aircare the next day and instantly put my y-pipe / intake etc.. mods back on

I talked a bunch of friends into coming out and have a grudge with two friends both running 90 and 91 civics with b18a 's and minor mods.

What could I expect to run with my set-up?
-15" wheels, all seasons... yea i know
-Fidanza flywheel - exedy clutch
-jwt pop charger
-y-pipe test pipe greddy sp2

also is there ANYTHING i can do for a better time? that will be cheap / free?
-Im willing to do extensive weight reduction (remove anything necessary)
I have a USIM, the 00vi I was going to put in is broken. cracked at the wreckers and didnt know till i got home
Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 PM
SLOW

Somewhere between 14.4 and 14.8 would be my bet, at like 95-96mph. That's assuming similar weather conditions. If you really make a huge improvement you could see like 14.2s.

Remove all you want, personally I don't bother with that any more, but I did remove my front seat and rear seat a time or two back in day. Front seat's about 45lbs and rear bench is like 12 or something. Those are easy enough. Any more than that I wouldn't bother with but do whatever you feel like doing.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Wants a real car

Was alot of fun, Terrific estimate.only got three runs in after headaches of some malfunctions and or difficulties with the car. best of the three was a 14.5 @ 96. I tried out Jimes rad fan control mod. It was straight forward and worked terrific until I didnt realize that with the car running the fans dont spin, car overheated and started gushing coolant. (Im making a new thread for this)Thanks for brief info Neal
Old 09-03-2009, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by got_max
Was alot of fun, Terrific estimate.only got three runs in after headaches of some malfunctions and or difficulties with the car. best of the three was a 14.5 @ 96. I tried out Jimes rad fan control mod. It was straight forward and worked terrific until I didnt realize that with the car running the fans dont spin, car overheated and started gushing coolant. (Im making a new thread for this)Thanks for brief info Neal
That's a good time man!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by got_max
That's my goal this sunday!! But it's my first time out on a track, I highly doubt I'll get that.