1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

New Headunit!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 07:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

New Headunit!!!!!!

Well, I just came back from Tune Station , a audio/visual store in Tacoma, WA. and I bought my new headunit! It is a Pioneer (of course ) DEH 7400MP. For those who may not know what that is, it has:
Full Dot-Matrix Organic El Display
MP3 Playback With ID3 Tag
CD-R/CD-RW Compatible
Multi-CD Control Function
Dual Preouts/Preout & Subwoofer Out
3-Band Parametric Equalizer (which will be replaced by a 7 to 9 band full DIN display equalizer December 1 or 15)
XM Ready Tuner (which I already have)

I had already taken pictures of it before I even install it, so they may be posted by the end of this week. Now I know you all are wondering, why is he tell us all this? Well, after getting my car stereo stolen (a now record) 3 TIMES in the same city, I guess I rub this in the face of the s.hitbag who stole my faceplate last Friday. I starting to think he uses a computer too and been looking at some of the import web sites such as ours, wishing he had our s.hit. I am going to post my pictures on my webpage to show his sorry a.ss that we are not going to go without s.hit because he is going around without s.hit. People like those should either get a job or join the Army; either way, he'll be able to buy the s.hit he steals and feel the same way we feel when someone jacks him!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:25 PM

Cool, I'm looking into getting a new headunit too. Low on money though.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:35 AM

Re: New Headunit!!!!!!

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Well, I just came back from Tune Station , a audio/visual store in Tacoma, WA. and I bought my new headunit! It is a Pioneer (of course ) DEH 7400MP. For those who may not know what that is, it has:
Full Dot-Matrix Organic El Display
MP3 Playback With ID3 Tag
CD-R/CD-RW Compatible
Multi-CD Control Function
Dual Preouts/Preout & Subwoofer Out
3-Band Parametric Equalizer (which will be replaced by a 7 to 9 band full DIN display equalizer December 1 or 15)
XM Ready Tuner (which I already have)

I had already taken pictures of it before I even install it, so they may be posted by the end of this week. Now I know you all are wondering, why is he tell us all this? Well, after getting my car stereo stolen (a now record) 3 TIMES in the same city, I guess I rub this in the face of the s.hitbag who stole my faceplate last Friday. I starting to think he uses a computer too and been looking at some of the import web sites such as ours, wishing he had our s.hit. I am going to post my pictures on my webpage to show his sorry a.ss that we are not going to go without s.hit because he is going around without s.hit. People like those should either get a job or join the Army; either way, he'll be able to buy the s.hit he steals and feel the same way we feel when someone jacks him!
That sucks. I'd like to see some f**ker try to jack my sh*t with me nearby. Lately, I've had the habit of carrying around a small aluminum bat...every now and then, it would be nice to hit a few homeruns

-A
Old 11-20-2002, 11:10 AM

Do either of you guys have an alarm on your car?

I've had my Z broken into a few times, they got some stuff only once though. After I installed an alarm nobody has bothered my car. There are so many cars out there without alarms that most theives won't bother with mine...

Anyway, that Pioneer is one of the best headunits out right now. I like it.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Bleach
Do either of you guys have an alarm on your car?

I've had my Z broken into a few times, they got some stuff only once though. After I installed an alarm nobody has bothered my car. There are so many cars out there without alarms that most theives won't bother with mine...

Anyway, that Pioneer is one of the best headunits out right now. I like it.

Heck Yeah!!! That's my headunit!!!!

I had finished tuning my sound system a few hours ago, and it sounds sweet! I am starting to think about competing in some audio competitions in the beginnner class. But first, I need to replace my Radio Shack 6 in. woofers (shut up! they still do a great job!) with a pair of Inifinity 6 in. woofer so it can match my 5 1/2in. Two way and ! in. tweeters (both are from Infinity, by the way).