1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Now, you won't believe this......................

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Now, you won't believe this......................

but I have been having problems logging on the forum all day today. Not like posting anything, but actually logging onto the forum. I knew that when it says that the server is full, try to return to the forum at a later time, I understood. However, this was different. So I typed in the url (since I normaly have it in my favorites) and got the home page. Then, I tried to log into the forums and the explorer couldn't find the site, and I was getting e-mails of you guys posting and asking me to reply. This was going on since 9:30 this morning. So I sent an e-mail asking what was the problem (wether or not it was my computer security settings or was there something wrong with the explorer). I also copied and pasted what I was getting so that they'll understand what problems I was having and they replied with this:

wow you actually expected a decent reply by me from this BS email? who are you yelling at? do/did you pay for maxima.org? (i don't mean donations either). it's a FREE forum...yes it's FREE not a penny out of your pocket..don't ***** that it doesn't work sometimes. when you start paying the server bills then you can complain about it...until then...live with it

Now tell me..........should I reply or just go ahead and stick with NWMaxima.com ? There are other site devoted to Maximas, not just this one. I think that they are so high and mighty that us lowly users just can't ask questions when you don't know what is going on. Not to mention if this type of reply is to help me, then what about modders who need help in their cars? Sorry to drop this one on your laps guys, 'cause this is a legitimate b-itch................
Old 01-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Charles Bisel

Who replied to you with that nasty e-mail? That was completely unprofessional and uncalled for. Just because it's free doesn't mean it shouldn't work properly. Imagine if Hotmail didn't work properly half the time and you weren't able to log in and check your e-mail. You have every right to complain and expect good, reliable service. And whomever wrote that e-mail to you didn't need to attack you either, they could have simply explained that there was a lot of congestion on the server and apologized for it. What a bunch of sh*t man.

I was also having a hard time just reading the posts yesterday, in fact I'd say most of the time that I come here there is too much congestion. I have to read the posts either at night or in the early morning. If the new owner of this site can't afford to add more servers or purchase more bandwidth, then he shouldn't have gotten involved in buying maxima.org to begin with.

Honestly, the best 2nd gen Maxima club is the one on Yahoo. Why go to a site that's primarily for Maxima owners of the Northwest? You may find 5 or so 2nd gen owners to help you out. The club at Yahoo's got nearly 200 members from all over North America, not to mention all of the pictures and links that are specific to our cars. And I've never once had a problem logging in and reading the posts and I'm sure Yahoo receives millions of times more traffic than maxima.org does, and they don't charge either and they certainly wouldn't send you a nasty, unprofessional e-mail to you if you had a complaint about one of their services.

You know, if it's bad now, just wait a few years from now when there's another 5000 or so 6th gen owners joining the boards, not to mention more people who will be getting a 3rd, 4th, or 5th gen for the first time. I really don't see maxima.org existing in it's present format for too much longer, and I could certainly see them deleting the 1st and 2nd gen forums altogether.

-C-

Old 01-06-2003, 01:19 PM

What did you ask?

Just curious.

Was the content of your E-mail really polite, or as rude as them?

If you just asked a question and they answered you like that, than they obviously have no tact, class or people skills.

It sounds like you were trying to eliminate your comp as a problem, plus help them out by telling them what was happening. But it's hard to say without seeing both sides of the story...

I myself have wondered what is up, getting the warning that the servers is full is one thing (and I fully understand the reason for that too), but yesterday i was getting "page cannot be found" and some other wierd errors too.

I was thinking about sending an E-mail to notify them (thought it could have been an erroneous update, or other error) but now I guess I'll just hold my tongue.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:40 PM

That reply email almost looks like a generic email they have sent back to anyone who asks something.

Sounds like the same attitude you get from the 4th and 5th gen Maxima owners on everything!
Old 01-06-2003, 01:42 PM
I'm needing a caw

Why do you have to post this in multiple forums?
Old 01-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Charles Bisel

I'm glad he put this in the feedback forum as well as the 1st and 2nd gen forum. Nearly all of us 1st and 2nd geners don't check any other forum except for this one. We would have never known about the harsh treatment that he received over a benign e-mail.

-C-

Old 01-06-2003, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by Charles Bisel
Who replied to you with that nasty e-mail? That was completely unprofessional and uncalled for. Just because it's free doesn't mean it shouldn't work properly. Imagine if Hotmail didn't work properly half the time and you weren't able to log in and check your e-mail. You have every right to complain and expect good, reliable service. And whomever wrote that e-mail to you didn't need to attack you either, they could have simply explained that there was a lot of congestion on the server and apologized for it. What a bunch of sh*t man.

I was also having a hard time just reading the posts yesterday, in fact I'd say most of the time that I come here there is too much congestion. I have to read the posts either at night or in the early morning. If the new owner of this site can't afford to add more servers or purchase more bandwidth, then he shouldn't have gotten involved in buying maxima.org to begin with.

Honestly, the best 2nd gen Maxima club is the one on Yahoo. Why go to a site that's primarily for Maxima owners of the Northwest? You may find 5 or so 2nd gen owners to help you out. The club at Yahoo's got nearly 200 members from all over North America, not to mention all of the pictures and links that are specific to our cars. And I've never once had a problem logging in and reading the posts and I'm sure Yahoo receives millions of times more traffic than maxima.org does, and they don't charge either and they certainly wouldn't send you a nasty, unprofessional e-mail to you if you had a complaint about one of their services.

You know, if it's bad now, just wait a few years from now when there's another 5000 or so 6th gen owners joining the boards, not to mention more people who will be getting a 3rd, 4th, or 5th gen for the first time. I really don't see maxima.org existing in it's present format for too much longer, and I could certainly see them deleting the 1st and 2nd gen forums altogether.

-C-
I am in the 1st & 2nd Generation Maxima forums on Yahoo. There, I just look at the post and look at photos there, just like I did here at first. I'll start posting there shortly, when I began designing a custom C.A.I.........

Just like transfrmr said,
I myself have wondered what is up, getting the warning that the servers is full is one thing (and I fully understand the reason for that too), but yesterday i was getting "page cannot be found" and some other wierd errors too.
Now, getting a "page cannot be found" was very weird. Normally when the explorer says that is that the page or site is non-exsistant. However, I was getting e-mails every 20 minuets from this site! So why I couldn't connect? I understood the "sever full" thing, but at 6:30 pm ? 8:00 pm ? Come on...................
Old 01-06-2003, 07:54 PM

Re: What did you ask?

Originally posted by transfrmr
Just curious.

Was the content of your E-mail really polite, or as rude as them?

If you just asked a question and they answered you like that, than they obviously have no tact, class or people skills.

It sounds like you were trying to eliminate your comp as a problem, plus help them out by telling them what was happening. But it's hard to say without seeing both sides of the story...

I was thinking about sending an E-mail to notify them (thought it could have been an erroneous update, or other error) but now I guess I'll just hold my tongue.
I wasn't rude at all, man. I first asked was the problem on my end of the 'net or was it their problem. After making several attempts (even backdoor approaches), and since it was then about 9:00 pm, I copied what I got when I tried to log on to the forums, then pasted the results in a e-mail, I think to Danny, the FAQ guy. I didn't know that I was going to get that kind of response, whether or not it was rude. His reply was definitely unprofessional.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: What did you ask?

Originally posted by GundamWZero

I wasn't rude at all, man. I first asked was the problem on my end of the 'net or was it their problem. After making several attempts (even backdoor approaches), and since it was then about 9:00 pm, I copied what I got when I tried to log on to the forums, then pasted the results in a e-mail, I think to Danny, the FAQ guy. I didn't know that I was going to get that kind of response, whether or not it was rude. His reply was definitely unprofessional.
please...let's not get out of hand here.
i posted your email to me.
i don't see you saying "I first asked was the problem on my end of the 'net or was it their problem." PLEASEEEEEEE FIND ME THAT PART WHERE YOU TIRED TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM BY ASKING THAT.

i'll even attach the actual screen shot just in case you all need proof.
i don't make this stuff up.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:59 PM

Here is my reply.................

since I can't post attachments...................

Every time I try to get into the forums, the explorer can't find it. However, I type in your url it takes me to the home page. Then I click "forums" and it will say the the explorer can't find the url link. What is going on with your site? It isn't happening anywhere else I go, just here.

You didn't pick that up now didn't you? Or maybe your server dropped that too...............

I'll send the same e-mail back if you like.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Here is my reply.................

since I can't post attachments...................

You didn't pick that up now didn't you? Or maybe your server dropped that too...............

I'll send the same e-mail back if you like.
send me the "sent" email back to me and show me. i got nothing from you after my response.
i use yahoo as email server..havent seen a dropped email yet.
i want to see the actual screen shot of the date and time stamp of the server when you actually sent that email that you claim that u did.
you want to drag it out...so be it. show me proof that you actually sent ME the email that you claim. email me the screen shot if you like. i'll even host it. i have NOTHING to hide.
i'll be expecting your email with the time stamp from sunday or a screen shot.

i also find it hard to believe that you would reply back to me in that fashion since you feel that my reply was offensive to you. you would've been kicking and screaming like you are now.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:19 PM

Re: Re: Here is my reply.................

Originally posted by DanNY

send me the "sent" email back to me and show me. i got nothing from you after my response.
i want to see the actual screen shot of the date and time stamp of the server when you actually sent that email that you claim that u did.
you want to drag it out...so be it. show me proof that you actually sent ME the email that you claim. email me the screen shot if you like. i'll even host it. i have NOTHING to hide.

i also find it hard to believe that you would reply back to me in that fashion since you feel that my reply was offensive to you. you would've been kicking and screaming like you are now.

By the way, one was sent to kevin@maxima.org too. If you like, check on that one too, my cerdibility IS MY WATCHWORD !!!!

I can send you that one too, if you like......
Old 01-06-2003, 09:21 PM

Re: Re: Here is my reply.................

Originally posted by DanNY

By the way, one was sent to kevin@maxima.org too. If you like, check on that one too, my credibility IS MY WATCHWORD !!!! I don't need to "kick and scream"......... I just wanted to know what was up.

Old 01-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Re: Here is my reply.................

By the way, one was sent to kevin@maxima.org too. If you like, check on that one too, my credibility IS MY WATCHWORD !!!! I don't need to "kick and scream"......... I just wanted to know what was up.

i see the forward u sent to kevin on sunday. the one you just sent to me have no prior time stamp like kevin's. all i see is today's time stamp. so either you didn't send it or tried to send it to me now and telling me that it was sent sunday. either case yahoo server didn't clip the email...until i see you forwarding me the actual sent message (with time and date) then you didn't include that "text" that you claim you did.
your watchword or not..the server time and date do not lie. i showed everyone the pic. i can also post the pic of your email with that text included with today's time and date.
the actual forward from kevin does contain the actual text that you said u put on there...but i didn't get that "text" until right now.

stop playing the victim.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:44 PM

FIRST.................

I TRIED TO POST AN ATTCHMENT TO YOU THROUGH THIS FORUM AND YOUR E-MAIL. AND SINCE I HAVEN'T MASTERED THE ART OF CUT AND PASTE, YOU WOULD SEE FOR YOURSELF.

SECOND................

THE E-MAIL I SENT KEVIN WAS THE SAME MESSAGE THAT I SENT YOU. I ADDED WHAT I HAD GOTTEN WHEN I TRIED TO LOG ON THE SITE TO YOUR E-MAIL, SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT I WAS GETTING.

now I AM kicking and screaming....................

THIRD..................

IF YOU WOULD HAVE PAID ANY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE SUBJECT MATTER WAS, ANY GEEK IN THE COUNTRY WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR URL WHEN SOMEONE SAYS: Can't get on the the Website!!!!!!!!!
AND A PASTED COPY OF WHAT SOMEONE SEEN WHEN HE TRIED TO SHOW "A FAQ GUY" SOMETHING HE WAS GETTING WHEN HE LOGS ON YOUR SITE.

AND FINALLY, FOURTH.....

YOU WOULDN'T TALK THAT TYPE OF S.HIT TO YOUR MOTHER, YOUR FATHER, OR THE PERSON WHO SIGNS YOUR PAYCHECK LIKE THAT, SO WHY WITH THAT ATTITUDE WHEN SOMEONE WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH YOUR " STATE OF THE ART" WEBSITE WITH ONLY ONE SERVER?

If it wasn't for the bandwith, firewalls and about fifty states away, I could told you this and more face to face! However, I must maintain disicpline.

Who is the "victim", now? Have a nice, cold one..........
Old 01-07-2003, 03:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Damn this is some BS goin on. I think I'm just going to say f*ck it and im going over to the yahoo group for my maxima needs.

-Shin
Old 01-07-2003, 06:53 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

FIRST.................

I TRIED TO POST AN ATTCHMENT TO YOU THROUGH THIS FORUM AND YOUR E-MAIL. AND SINCE I HAVEN'T MASTERED THE ART OF CUT AND PASTE, YOU WOULD SEE FOR YOURSELF.

SECOND................

THE E-MAIL I SENT KEVIN WAS THE SAME MESSAGE THAT I SENT YOU. I ADDED WHAT I HAD GOTTEN WHEN I TRIED TO LOG ON THE SITE TO YOUR E-MAIL, SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT I WAS GETTING.

now I AM kicking and screaming....................

THIRD..................

IF YOU WOULD HAVE PAID ANY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE SUBJECT MATTER WAS, ANY GEEK IN THE COUNTRY WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR URL WHEN SOMEONE SAYS: Can't get on the the Website!!!!!!!!!
AND A PASTED COPY OF WHAT SOMEONE SEEN WHEN HE TRIED TO SHOW "A FAQ GUY" SOMETHING HE WAS GETTING WHEN HE LOGS ON YOUR SITE.

AND FINALLY, FOURTH.....

YOU WOULDN'T TALK THAT TYPE OF S.HIT TO YOUR MOTHER, YOUR FATHER, OR THE PERSON WHO SIGNS YOUR PAYCHECK LIKE THAT, SO WHY WITH THAT ATTITUDE WHEN SOMEONE WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH YOUR " STATE OF THE ART" WEBSITE WITH ONLY ONE SERVER?

If it wasn't for the bandwith, firewalls and about fifty states away, I could told you this and more face to face! However, I must maintain disicpline.

Who is the "victim", now? Have a nice, cold one..........
all i ask is for YOU to forward me the "sent" email that you claim that you sent to me on sunday. that itself should have the actual time and date of sunday with your message to it. somehow you forward me the one u sent kevin...now where's the one that you sent me WITH the "text"? you say the email you send kevin was the same you sent me...then SHOW ME THE MESSAGE GOING TO ME...NOT to Kevin. you know my email address by now..so forward it. you can't say you can't because you forwarded Kevin's to me.
don't get mad because you can't deliver. go ahead and cry like a little kid now because you're not winning this discussion.

my father, mother, and the guy who signs my checks makes sense...they can write a line in a email in some orderly fashion and show some thought into it. i showed the screen print...what is your email about? right, in the subject line i can't get into the website...what does that tell me? can't log in? can't post? can't view page? url broken? IE/netscape problem? don't expect/demand respect when you don't deserve it.

you can continue this battle if you like...i'm taking the higher road and not going to futher discuss this.

as for the members of the board..its your right to leave or stay..but i do not respond to all members in that fashion. don't judge the board by one bad experience by a member that only shows you one side of the story.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:39 AM

Dan provided a screenshot.

GundamWZero has not. Despite the constant requests by Dan to do so.

If GundamWZero is so sure that it was Dan that replied in the fashion he posted in the first post, he would have found a way to get a screenshot and post it up for all to see.

So far, I'm inclined to believe Dan.

And GundamWZero ... you haven't mastered the art of cut and paste? Seems like you already did it in the first post.

But here's some advice on how to take a screenshot:

On the top right hand corner of your keyboard, there is a button and it should say something like, "Print Scrn". Go to the page of Dan's email. Open it and press the "Print Scrn" button.

Now go to your photo editing program and paste it in there. Host it and post it.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:25 PM

Re: Now, you won't believe this......................

but I have been having problems logging on the forum all day today. Not like posting anything, but actually logging onto the forum. I knew that when it says that the server is full, try to return to the forum at a later time, I understood. However, this was different. So I typed in the url (since I normaly have it in my favorites) and got the home page. Then, I tried to log into the forums and the explorer couldn't find the site, and I was getting e-mails of you guys posting and asking me to reply. This was going on since 9:30 this morning. So I sent an e-mail asking what was the problem (wether or not it was my computer security settings or was there something wrong with the explorer). I also copied and pasted what I was getting so that they'll understand what problems I was having and they replied with this:

Now tell me..........should I reply or just go ahead and stick with NWMaxima.com ? There are other site devoted to Maximas, not just this one. I think that they are so high and mighty that us lowly users just can't ask questions when you don't know what is going on. Not to mention if this type of reply is to help me, then what about modders who need help in their cars? Sorry to drop this one on your laps guys, 'cause this is a legitimate b-itch................
Ill see what I can do to check this out Ive been away awhile but Dang that was uncalled for Ill ask the Moderators to see if any of them sent it. Or if we can locate who did.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:53 PM

Okay, I found the problem.........

I can admit when I don't know something, didn't get the info right, or was just plain out wrong. In this case, I didn't know something that could have prevented the problem since I started posting here. I had a friend of mine and another org member come over my house today to see what was up with my system. There was nothing wrong with my system. But Iansw and friends at another maxima forum told me that my url were too long and that it could register as a "cannot find such and such..." I checked that out and they were too long. I was told to simplify it just as forum.maxima.org and it should sovle the problem. And it did. As far as the e-mail thing.... someone put it in a good way; EIC (e-mail induced miscomunication)

I am not going to bother trying to prove something that I am incapable of doing, that is leaving the cut and paste to the pros. And far as Kevin, yeah we talked last night and he handled the situation.............

Some people needs to know how to talk to others, that is why they call it "communicating". And they need to learn that.

As far as myself, I was wrong about flying off the handle posting what you said in the forums, insetad of e-mailing you personally. And for that gentelmen................

I apologize.