1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

The Junkyard Hunter, Part 2.........

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 07:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The Junkyard Hunter, Part 2.........

Okay, the Dual Sunvisors hae been installed for a bout two weeks now. Today, I installed my next project; the Auto-Dimming, Rearview Mirror! I snatched this beauty from a wrecked 1998 Buick Park Avenue. There are a few thing that I need to figure out to make it fully functional. I wired it into the car, but instead of wiring it so that the mirror will turn on with the parking lights, (the auto-tinting feature works only at night), I wired it into the map lights, which has a constant hot source. So, tommorrow, I'll be adding longer wire to reach the back of the cigarette lighter (I used this spot to wire stuff to the most). It is also wider than the OEM mirror, this adds a little more rear picture when driving down freeways. I am going to pay a little visit to another junk yard tommorrow to find the overhead console with the Digital Compass and the Internal/External Thermometer.

.................... stay tuned for part 3
Old 02-13-2003, 10:21 PM
I love lamp.

Re: The Junkyard Hunter, Part 2.........

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Okay, the Dual Sunvisors hae been installed for a bout two weeks now. Today, I installed my next project; the Auto-Dimming, Rearview Mirror! I snatched this beauty from a wrecked 1998 Buick Park Avenue. There are a few thing that I need to figure out to make it fully functional. I wired it into the car, but instead of wiring it so that the mirror will turn on with the parking lights, (the auto-tinting feature works only at night), I wired it into the map lights, which has a constant hot source. So, tommorrow, I'll be adding longer wire to reach the back of the cigarette lighter (I used this spot to wire stuff to the most). It is also wider than the OEM mirror, this adds a little more rear picture when driving down freeways. I am going to pay a little visit to another junk yard tommorrow to find the overhead console with the Digital Compass and the Internal/External Thermometer.

Man, your gonna have to show me all this at the next mini-meet. :P

S

.................... stay tuned for part 3