1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Coming Soon, FSTB

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 02:39 PM
I love lamp.

Coming Soon, FSTB

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you all know that I will be working on a FSTB. It's based off what avalon42 did with his 88 maxima. I got a FSTB from ebay for $27 bucks including shipping. Basically I ordered one for a 93-97 Nissan Altima. There will be some modifications need to make it fit. When I'm done, I'll be sure to have some pictures.

S
Old 02-20-2003, 10:57 PM
I love lamp.

Re: Coming Soon, FSTB

Originally posted by maximase86
Hey all,

I just wanted to let you all know that I will be working on a FSTB. It's based off what avalon42 did with his 88 maxima. I got a FSTB from ebay for $27 bucks including shipping. Basically I ordered one for a 93-97 Nissan Altima. There will be some modifications need to make it fit. When I'm done, I'll be sure to have some pictures.

S
The FSTB came in today. I'm gonna work on it Friday. So far looks like we may have another mod for our cars.

S
Old 02-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeha mine is ghetto rigged its from an altima but it was too short so some special braces were made to accomodate for the shorten length. I think mine needs to be tightened my car bobs too much now. I think some bolts got loose.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:48 PM
I love lamp.

Originally posted by max88q
Yeha mine is ghetto rigged its from an altima but it was too short so some special braces were made to accomodate for the shorten length. I think mine needs to be tightened my car bobs too much now. I think some bolts got loose.
It bobs? I would check your struts if its doing that. Mine is doing the same thing, but that's because they have ****ty Les Schwab struts in the front.

S
Old 02-21-2003, 09:28 PM

Yeah struts need to be hit up too. But before my car was turning on a dime. I checked it out and there are some bolts loose so Im sure its not doing its work. Everytime I think of ghetting some struts my gf gets mad about how I always have something to do on my car or talk about. Im sorry Im a car finatic(did I spell that right?)let alone a Maxima enthusiast. So I end up just shrugging it off. I told her that its unsafe but she says its just an excuse to mod my car again. We live together, so its kinda like we're married already.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:15 PM
I love lamp.

Yeah struts need to be hit up too. But before my car was turning on a dime. I checked it out and there are some bolts loose so Im sure its not doing its work. Everytime I think of ghetting some struts my gf gets mad about how I always have something to do on my car or talk about. Im sorry Im a car finatic(did I spell that right?)let alone a Maxima enthusiast. So I end up just shrugging it off. I told her that its unsafe but she says its just an excuse to mod my car again. We live together, so its kinda like we're married already.
LOL! Gotta love it! Don't worry, my ex-girlfriend was joking with me. She asked what I loved more, her, or my laptop. I took a second to think. Then I said "my car". No that answer was not the reason we broke up though.

S
Old 03-08-2003, 08:59 PM
I love lamp.

LOL! Gotta love it! Don't worry, my ex-girlfriend was joking with me. She asked what I loved more, her, or my laptop. I took a second to think. Then I said "my car". No that answer was not the reason we broke up though.

S
FSTB is in!!! Thanks to the help of GundamwZero, he pretty much got it in there. There were a couple things that need to be done. Because of the orientation, we had to shave of some of the fitting on the EGR valve. Also the bracket had to have holes widen to mount properly, we did this with a dremel tool. Other than that, it went in pretty well. There was bad part. After we got it in, we took it on a test drive. My front motor mount is still bad, so the motor crawled. I opened the hood back up and well, the top of my EGR valve got bent....oops...the valve is still funtional. I'm going to look for an 87-88
EGR valve. The vacuum hose for that points to the side of the car, instead of the rear.

S
Old 03-08-2003, 09:39 PM

FSTB is in!!! Thanks to the help of GundamwZero, he pretty much got it in there. There were a couple things that need to be done. Because of the orientation, we had to shave of some of the fitting on the EGR valve. Also the bracket had to have holes widen to mount properly, we did this with a dremel tool. Other than that, it went in pretty well. There was bad part. After we got it in, we took it on a test drive. My front motor mount is still bad, so the motor crawled. I opened the hood back up and well, the top of my EGR valve got bent....oops...the valve is still funtional. I'm going to look for an 87-88
EGR valve. The vacuum hose for that points to the side of the car, instead of the rear.

S
Heyh good job!! I had to use the dremel tool for modifications of the strut mount brackets too. Good Job!!
Old 03-09-2003, 09:50 PM
I love lamp.

Heyh good job!! I had to use the dremel tool for modifications of the strut mount brackets too. Good Job!!
Well, I might have to take the strut bar off until I replace my engine mount. I've already bent my egr valve, and my vacuum line for the valve keeps coming off, or getting torn off. Well have to see. I'm going to replace the EGR valve with an 87-88 version and see what I get.

S
Old 03-09-2003, 10:06 PM

Well, I might have to take the strut bar off until I replace my engine mount. I've already bent my egr valve, and my vacuum line for the valve keeps coming off, or getting torn off. Well have to see. I'm going to replace the EGR valve with an 87-88 version and see what I get.

S

So how does it feel?
Old 03-09-2003, 10:23 PM
I love lamp.

So how does it feel?
Aside from my bad struts, the front of my engine wanting to crawl up 2-4 inches, she feels real good in corners. I can take a corner I usually do 40 around doing 55, and she still feels stable. Until I get the rest of my **** fixed, I'm probably not seeing much yet.

S
Old 03-09-2003, 10:34 PM

He needs to use washers on the two strut bolts near the engine and slightly bend up the FSTB bracket so it'll clear the egr valve. Other than that (and the widening of the mounting holes, a cake walk.

now i gotta find me one...................
Old 03-09-2003, 11:11 PM
I love lamp.

Originally posted by GundamWZero
He needs to use washers on the two strut bolts near the engine and slightly bend up the FSTB bracket so it'll clear the egr valve. Other than that (and the widening of the mounting holes, a cake walk.

now i gotta find me one...................
Well, I know you can get one from ebay. Since you were so nice to help me, I'll install yours, as long as I get to borrow the dremel. I'm going to have to go and find them washers. You got an idea at what thickness I would need? Bending the bracket shouldn't be that hard...but then again..we'll find out. If I come back here swearing like a sailor...you know I fcked it up.

S
Old 03-10-2003, 10:45 AM

i have some. when we meet again Saturday, I will hook you up.....
Old 03-10-2003, 03:16 PM
I love lamp.

Originally posted by GundamWZero
i have some. when we meet again Saturday, I will hook you up.....
Sweet! Are you going to the BBQ rain or shine? I'm going despite the weather.

S