1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Chassis braces/stiffening

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 07:10 PM

Chassis braces/stiffening

Since I can't do a search for relevant information, I apologize if this is in anyway a repost. Quick sidenote, since this site is being ported to better severs anyway and should be up soon, would it make that much of a difference to turn the darn search back on for us peasants?

Anyway, has anyone developed any kind of sub-chassis braces or stiffeners? I find that my car tends to torque a little too much and I would like to do more than just a strut tower brace. Anyone done this to their 2nd gen?

I blew the doors off of a 2003 Acura RSX Type S the other day. I totally walked away from him. Seems as though the turbo swap is working rather well wouldn't you say? LOL!
Old 03-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Charles Bisel

Addco makes a stronger rear sway bar for our cars. I thought that Warpspeed was going to make a set of subframe connectors for our cars, but I don't know if they ended up making them or not.

-C-

Old 03-26-2003, 08:10 PM

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info, the Addco swaybar is definately in the equation. However, I am more interested in the subframe connectors at this point as I need to tighten things up. Thanks again, I look forward to hearing from others.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by KALSC
Thanks for the info, the Addco swaybar is definately in the equation. However, I am more interested in the subframe connectors at this point as I need to tighten things up. Thanks again, I look forward to hearing from others.

if you ask warpspeed they may make it for you. You might end up needing a down payment. We kinda let them down when it came to getting ours.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:26 PM
I love lamp.

Re: Re: Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by max88q

if you ask warpspeed they may make it for you. You might end up needing a down payment. We kinda let them down when it came to getting ours.
Yeah...that fail miserably. If you are able to get subframe connectors, tell me how it goes and how much. Right now, when I get my engine mount fixed, I will be working on suspension and tighting up the chassis and body myself. So far I have the FSTB in, which helps, but I really need to replace my struts which I will either go with KYB, or maybe some tokico blues that I have a line on (they aren't adjustable though), probably going to replace the springs with some eibach lowering springs, and I am definately going to install the Addco RSB. I also need to replace the bushings too.

S
Old 03-26-2003, 09:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by maximase86

Yeah...that fail miserably. If you are able to get subframe connectors, tell me how it goes and how much. Right now, when I get my engine mount fixed, I will be working on suspension and tighting up the chassis and body myself. So far I have the FSTB in, which helps, but I really need to replace my struts which I will either go with KYB, or maybe some tokico blues that I have a line on (they aren't adjustable though), probably going to replace the springs with some eibach lowering springs, and I am definately going to install the Addco RSB. I also need to replace the bushings too.

S
Where are you getting Eibachs from??? Eibach doesnt even make'm anymore. You gotta have some ties for those.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:39 PM
I love lamp.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by max88q

Where are you getting Eibachs from??? Eibach doesnt even make'm anymore. You gotta have some ties for those.
Stillen may have a few sets of them left...then again..they haven't listed what they are....if I can't get them...I guess ST springs are next on the list....I'd go with the intrax, but I think they would be too low for me.

S
Old 03-26-2003, 11:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by maximase86

Stillen may have a few sets of them left...then again..they haven't listed what they are....if I can't get them...I guess ST springs are next on the list....I'd go with the intrax, but I think they would be too low for me.

S
Yeah Eibach I feel had the best setting not too low but just right. Only an inch drop and you still got overall improved handling.