1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

I need some help plz~

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I need some help plz~

Well, I was in this other forum (Cosr.com) and I was talking about my car. Well I had gotten a couple of people leaving msgs about how IM waisting my money on this car, and how its slow. For example heres 1 of the Message's left in the formum "I dont mean to flame, but think about this logically. You have a big, heavy, slow car. That is a fact. How fast do you want it? Anything can be fast if you want it to be. If you just want it to LOOK fast, then that is being a ricer. If you want it to handle well, I suggest some lowering springs and shocks/struts. Racing seats look cool, but if your car is going to flip before you slide out of your seat, then what is the point of racing seats. Work on your suspension first. Now if you want to hook the bottle up, that would be more worth it IMO, but then you have to think about what you are going to do when you blow a head gasket or something. Even if you added spray, a civic could probably still beat you just because of the difference in weight. If it were me I would either do the suspension, or stereo and please, take the wing off. Unless you think it looks cool. " If anybody could just give me some tips or things to throw back at this guy, that is a fact about our year of car that would be asome. Its my first car and its a 86'Nissan Max. Thanx for the help. so vedy much.~1
Old 10-15-2003, 11:29 PM

ok greens a little hard to read so i'm gonna repost what he said in black text:
"
Well, I was in this other forum (Cosr.com) and I was talking about my car. Well I had gotten a couple of people leaving msgs about how IM waisting my money on this car, and how its slow. For example heres 1 of the Message's left in the formum "I dont mean to flame, but think about this logically. You have a big, heavy, slow car. That is a fact. How fast do you want it? Anything can be fast if you want it to be. If you just want it to LOOK fast, then that is being a ricer. If you want it to handle well, I suggest some lowering springs and shocks/struts. Racing seats look cool, but if your car is going to flip before you slide out of your seat, then what is the point of racing seats. Work on your suspension first. Now if you want to hook the bottle up, that would be more worth it IMO, but then you have to think about what you are going to do when you blow a head gasket or something. Even if you added spray, a civic could probably still beat you just because of the difference in weight. If it were me I would either do the suspension, or stereo and please, take the wing off. Unless you think it looks cool. " If anybody could just give me some tips or things to throw back at this guy, that is a fact about our year of car that would be asome. Its my first car and its a 86'Nissan Max. Thanx for the help. so vedy much.~1 "

ok basicly if you think about it most of these other japanese car racers have some teeny tiny 4 cylindar engine and parts you could go down to and buy a the super market, meaning alot of it is cheap and gonna break on them...

just because we cant go down to the market and buy cheap parts fo our cars doesent mean that there arent any performance parts, you just gotta know where to look and most of the stuff for our cars is cheaper that way...basicly what i am saing its possible for your car to be faster, lighter, and handle better like the other cars but its take a bit more work because not many people think to modify our cars so there for there arent as many parts readily available but theyre out ther
Old 10-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yeah that makes since..Ima lay that down on him. Thanx bro. forrealz. You keepin me keep my head up on this. Plus when they do see our cars hooked up/fixed up there gonna be in awwmazment because they never seen or rarley see our type of cars hooked up, praticley what ya said. Thnx.~1