1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Finding Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004 | 10:32 PM

Finding Parts

I am trying to find misc. parts for my '85 Maxima GL(I think its GL, has the digi dash) and I cannot seem to find what i need at the local wrecking yard where I got the new transmission for mine.

What I am mainly looking for is a new glass headlight cover for my car (current one is half filled with water and has a crack in the top, so any attempt to remove the water will crack it totally.)

Also Im looking for new seats and a new trunk lid.

If anyone knows of any website or company I can talk to (i figure the dealer could get it, but Im looking for something a little bit cheaper than that.)

Thanks
-Spilk
Old 04-07-2004 | 05:22 AM
Blown

I have a driver side headlight.

Originally Posted by Spilk188
I am trying to find misc. parts for my '85 Maxima GL(I think its GL, has the digi dash) and I cannot seem to find what i need at the local wrecking yard where I got the new transmission for mine.

What I am mainly looking for is a new glass headlight cover for my car (current one is half filled with water and has a crack in the top, so any attempt to remove the water will crack it totally.)

If anyone knows of any website or company I can talk to (i figure the dealer could get it, but Im looking for something a little bit cheaper than that.)

Thanks
-Spilk
Old 04-07-2004 | 07:38 AM
I love lamp.

www.car-parts.com is a pretty decent place to find parts in the area. You should give them a try.

S
Old 04-07-2004 | 02:03 PM

My broken one is on the passenger side :P
Old 04-07-2004 | 02:13 PM
I love lamp.

My broken one is......wait....I don't have any broken headlights! Though I have a slight leak in the passenger side one, but it's only evident after I wash the car....and it dries out and stays fine until the next car way, even through rain.

S
Old 04-07-2004 | 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Spilk188

Thanks
-Spilk
the best place I have found for getting cheap used parts is e-bay.Every time I needed something thats where I got it from.
Old 04-08-2004 | 05:12 AM
Blown

man, if you lived closer to me I have the hook up on headlights and did not even know it until last weekend....I found a junkyard intown that you can pick your own parts from and its super cheap....I got a driver side headlight and bracket with working adjustors for $10 I am going there this weekend to look for another front air dam, ac compressor, and trim under the headlights...this junkyard has 2 wagons and 2 sedans.
Old 04-08-2004 | 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by cardana24
man, if you lived closer to me I have the hook up on headlights and did not even know it until last weekend....I found a junkyard intown that you can pick your own parts from and its super cheap....I got a driver side headlight and bracket with working adjustors for $10 I am going there this weekend to look for another front air dam, ac compressor, and trim under the headlights...this junkyard has 2 wagons and 2 sedans.
Hey, if you look at the wagons, do me a favor...

I need the fasteners that hold down the black trim
piece on the rear pillars above the tail lights.

If you open the rear hatch, you'll see three per side.

My car is missing the bottom one on each side for
some reason...

If you can get them out, let me know what you want
for them... get as many as you can, the only way to
get these from the dealer is to buy the whole piece.

Let me know...

Thanks!
Scott
Old 04-08-2004 | 01:00 PM

Hey, just see how much for the correct glass sunroof panel for a wagon, 87-88. Also, the release and housing for the rear hatch - the housing that has the release handle, and the rear lisc. plate lights, etc...in silver if possible...how much for it also...
Old 04-09-2004 | 04:55 AM
Blown

holy crap I dont know if I can get you prices on all that stuff....this is the kinda place you show up and rip your own parts off then you show up at the office and the guy tells you a price for the whole lot....I doubt they even have set prices....also if you take pictures this would really help me out to know what you are talking about with the trim pieces and everything...just cause I dont have all day to look around there...and about the rear latch assembly...do you want the side that is on the car or the side that is on the hatch?

Originally Posted by MaxWgn
Hey, just see how much for the correct glass sunroof panel for a wagon, 87-88. Also, the release and housing for the rear hatch - the housing that has the release handle, and the rear lisc. plate lights, etc...in silver if possible...how much for it also...
Old 04-09-2004 | 08:24 AM

Try this:
http://www.cherry-auto.com/
Old 04-09-2004 | 09:06 AM

I'll see if i can find a picture or draw a diagram....

holy crap I dont know if I can get you prices on all that stuff....this is the kinda place you show up and rip your own parts off then you show up at the office and the guy tells you a price for the whole lot....I doubt they even have set prices....also if you take pictures this would really help me out to know what you are talking about with the trim pieces and everything...just cause I dont have all day to look around there...and about the rear latch assembly...do you want the side that is on the car or the side that is on the hatch?
Old 04-09-2004 | 09:23 AM

Hey ..you need a digital dash? A buddy of mine has one..well he has a complete car. And the dash works. want it?? he also has other various parts. Also I know of around 3 more parts cars. They have been popping out everywhere.

-Hector
Old 04-12-2004 | 09:30 AM
Blown

86wagon...I really need a picture, and how do you open the rear hatch without a key?

MaxWgn....they do have the sunroof glass in the wagons, I dont know how much it is though

....while I was there I got a TPS, a MAF, AC compressor, screws and fuses...pretty good day
Old 04-12-2004 | 02:53 PM

86wagon...I really need a picture, and how do you open the rear hatch without a key?
The pieces are on the back roof pilliars - they wrap around
from the side glass to the rear hatch.

They're black in color about 18" long and maybe 5-6" wide.

The only way to get the hatch open if it's locked is to use
the dash switch like you'd open a trunk model... course...
that's IF the car has a battery and it works!

I don't know if you tried, but you should be able to push in
on the button on the tailgate and if the gate's unlocked, it
will open.

If it's locked and doesn't have a working battery, don't worry
about it...

Thanks!
Scott