1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Fresh Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004 | 09:29 AM

Fresh Update

Whats up ya'll! Long time, no see!
Well, just to remember, 2 months ago I got into an car accident with my 88 Maxima. Now due to the beating on my Maxima, I had no choice but to retire the Bad Boy. As a matter of fact, I still have the Maxima. It's in my backyard. I'm trying to sell certain aftermarket parts I had on it. Also I'm trying to sell it all entirely. I also have indiglo gauges to sell and 17" silver wheels with Falken tires to sell.

hmmm.... My sister has a 87 Maxima. I already gave her some of my old stuff like my clear lens. Maybe I might put in more.

But now that I've been CARLESS for 2 months. Its time to get back on transportation. I've been borrowing my sister's Max and hitching rides from cousins and friends.

Well, I don't need to worry any more! I HAVE A NEW RIDE!!!!

My new ride ain't a Nissan though! Sad but true. But I got a sexy new ride with pontential.

My new ride is: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 4-cyl 2.0L DOHC, White with blue graphics, 17" Enkei wheels, Yokohama tires, Sony stereo system, AEM cold-air intake, custom exhaust and sunroof.

So I have a much better ride now comparing to my old one. I could of sticked with my 88 Maxima AGAIN but the repairs, time, and money is a b*tch! So I was better of with another ride.

Well, catch ya'll later. I'll keep on popping up in this forum. Even finally updating my CarDomain page. Later.

PEACE.
Old 05-08-2004 | 03:01 PM

an eclipse? away with him.....

sorry man, just kidding... they're nice lookin cars, but they're not everything the kids make em out to be. just remember the maxima. I've had other cars but I keep comin back to nissan products.

Dan
---------------
"I was a lonely teenage bronkin' buck
with a pink carnation and a max-i-ma
but I knew I was out of luck
the day the music died.... "
Old 05-08-2004 | 03:03 PM

an eclipse? away with him.....

sorry man, just kidding... they're nice lookin cars, but they're not everything the kids make em out to be. but hey - at least they're better than cavaliers. just remember the maxima. I've had other cars but I keep comin back to nissan products.

Dan
---------------
"I was a lonely teenage bronkin' buck
with a pink carnation and a max-i-ma
but I knew I was out of luck
the day the music died.... "
Old 05-08-2004 | 08:07 PM
I love lamp.

I wouldn't underestimate a Eclispe. They turbo version DSM's are fast...some of them can easily hand even some of the more faster, newer maxima's thier azz. Either way, congrats on the buy Jay.

S
Old 05-08-2004 | 08:25 PM

they're cool lookin cars, in fact I actually looked at one last fall... I think it was a 2000 with a 3.0... this salesman tried sellin it to me but he wouldn't let me test drive it cos I wasn't 21 ("company policy").. yeah, wtf? anyway, needless to say, they lost a sale. but I've seen too many eclipses dressed up by kids, so it's like... yay.... another one. I really haven't seen too many souped up 2nd gen maximas around here... if any at all.... keep in mind though that I live in BFE. hicktown, cowville, PA.

anyway, off the subject... I've heard the neverending stories of the 2nd gen maximas having problems with their automatic transmissions. does this problem extend into other nissan products in newer years? so far I've found for sale som early-90s stanzas, but I'd prefer a sentra, they're available in a 2-door and they're a little better lookin, but I'd like to know if these auto trannies are notorious for anything... it's been so long since I've driven an automatic. some people tell me that all you gotta do is move the lever to D and press the gas and the car does the rest of it itself...

Dan
-----------
Old 05-10-2004 | 12:37 AM

Damm Strait they nice cars! Ha, its better off with this ride than my old Max. Many reasons. Kids like the ONE ABOVE^ have no idea on how these cars have pontential. Like Sarin says don't underestimate 'em. Maybe when ya get older ya understand!