1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Power Window...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 06:20 AM

Power Window...

Some suggestions, guys...

The drivers side power window has been non-functional for a while now...I just replaced the entire regulator / motor assembly with a known working one, with no success.

The master control switches are fine, alos, as i have tried a second unit, and even plugged this unit into a car with working windows, and it worked fine...

My books show only ONE relay for the power windows, and since the other three work, the relay is working...

Now, here's the fun one...when the drivers side door panel is off, there is a little white box the is mounted to the door, and is located toward the rear of the arm rest...this box shows 12v and P/W printed on it...any idea what this device is, and where i could find one?
Old 07-05-2004, 11:28 AM
I love lamp.

I've only seen that box in the 87-88's. I would look around in the yards to see what if they have anything.

S
Old 07-05-2004, 09:57 PM

i think its a little power station to distrubite power to that motor and relay the signals from the controls on the arm rest i belive..

i would figure if you know the one works take a multimeter to the power lines and see if your getting any power, if not a wire may have been cut....of course i find woring diagrams hella confusing
Old 07-06-2004, 06:29 AM

This is what I was figuring...so I guees now I just gotta locate one, in working order...GREAT!

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
i think its a little power station to distrubite power to that motor and relay the signals from the controls on the arm rest i belive..

i would figure if you know the one works take a multimeter to the power lines and see if your getting any power, if not a wire may have been cut....of course i find woring diagrams hella confusing
Old 07-06-2004, 08:12 AM

That box according to the Nissan parts book is called a ......

AMP-POWER WINDOW p/n 28515-38E00

Not sure if it's a driver for the p/w relay?

The 86 manual has it listed too so it has one too.

Junk yard if dealer costs too much.

Al
Old 07-06-2004, 10:52 AM

Much thanks...now I just gotta find one...

We no longer have any 2nd gen's in any of our yards...ARGH!...
Old 07-06-2004, 11:00 AM

got a couple here but most of them arent good for much more than rear body pannels
Old 07-06-2004, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by MaxWgn
Some suggestions, guys...

The drivers side power window has been non-functional for a while now...I just replaced the entire regulator / motor assembly with a known working one, with no success.

The master control switches are fine, alos, as i have tried a second unit, and even plugged this unit into a car with working windows, and it worked fine...

My books show only ONE relay for the power windows, and since the other three work, the relay is working...

Now, here's the fun one...when the drivers side door panel is off, there is a little white box the is mounted to the door, and is located toward the rear of the arm rest...this box shows 12v and P/W printed on it...any idea what this device is, and where i could find one?
I had the same thing happen to mine..the little box i belive is what controls the auto window down feature.I replaced mine and the window went back to normal.I took my old one apart a noticed that the soldering had come loose if you are good with that stuff you may be able to fix it
Old 07-07-2004, 06:01 AM

I'll look into the soldering issue, then...but i'm still going to be on the look out...

As for the operation, that would make sense, also, as it never had a problem going up, it just wouldn't go down...