1st-3rd Generations Classifieds (1981-1994) No superchargers in here, but you will find other useful parts and accessories.

WTB: VG auto transmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 03:38 PM

WTB: VG auto transmission

I'm looking for an auto VG transmission. My 90 max tranny blew up. I'm located in western PA. Let me know what you have. Thanks
Old 04-10-2010, 09:43 PM

Im in Chicago but Ive got a parts car...a 1989 with a 72K mile VG auto...I havent decided to part out or fix the car yet but make me an offer on the trans and it may pursuade me one way or another..mind you shipping will be your expense. PM me if you want.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:25 AM

I'm about to pick up a 91 Max with an auto trans I'm told was replaced about a year ago with a new unit. I'll know more once I get the car here but let me know if you are interested and make an offer, I'll pass along more details as I have them
Old 04-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by richard_85zxt
I'm about to pick up a 91 Max with an auto trans I'm told was replaced about a year ago with a new unit. I'll know more once I get the car here but let me know if you are interested and make an offer, I'll pass along more details as I have them
Well it depends on your location too. And it is a VG?

I'm trying to get this transmission for my old car i gave to my parents. Its theirs now and they don't know if they want to scrap the car or replace the tranny. My vote is for replacing the tranny
Old 04-15-2010, 03:12 PM

I'm in Maine, I'll be driving through PA in June, but that's a ways away. The car is a VG which is why I even picked it up so I could use parts on my Z's. I'm parting the whole car but would like to get the trans sold before loosing anything else in the drive train so someone could know the trans works. If you are interested I can either have the trans out and ship it, have it out for you to pick up, bring it with me in june, or you can drive the car and take it out. I plan on having the car at my house from the mechanics after this weekend.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 AM

I'm in Maine, I'll be driving through PA in June, but that's a ways away. The car is a VG which is why I even picked it up so I could use parts on my Z's. I'm parting the whole car but would like to get the trans sold before loosing anything else in the drive train so someone could know the trans works. If you are interested I can either have the trans out and ship it, have it out for you to pick up, bring it with me in june, or you can drive the car and take it out. I plan on having the car at my house from the mechanics after this weekend.
Well i'm not in a rush so june could be a possiblilty. Do you know where in PA you'd be driving through? Also how much are you looking to get for it? Oh and let me know how many miles are on it once you figure it out. Thanks
Old 04-17-2010, 02:04 PM

I will likely be following 95 most the way, I know I'm taking 287 in NY and on 13 in DE, but can't remember exactly where in PA. I'll get the details from my sister as I'm helping her move to VA Beach. The mechanic said new transmission, but didn't specify brand new or he replaced with used, but I will get the details, obviously that would make a difference in the price. I'm trying to pick up the car and all paperwork ASAP. I will find out how many miles are on the trans and let you know, as soon as I am aware.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 AM

I will likely be following 95 most the way, I know I'm taking 287 in NY and on 13 in DE, but can't remember exactly where in PA. I'll get the details from my sister as I'm helping her move to VA Beach. The mechanic said new transmission, but didn't specify brand new or he replaced with used, but I will get the details, obviously that would make a difference in the price. I'm trying to pick up the car and all paperwork ASAP. I will find out how many miles are on the trans and let you know, as soon as I am aware.
Yeah let me know. Also when you know your route. It looks like you'll just be skimming PA around philadelphia. You may be closer to me when you are in maryland......or maybe not. Let me know when you know your route too. I'm in western PA and philly, i think, is a 5 hour drive for me. We'll see