1st-3rd Generations Classifieds (1981-1994) No superchargers in here, but you will find other useful parts and accessories.

Parting out a 3rd Gen VG/5MT

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:25 PM

Parting out a 3rd Gen VG/5MT

Posting for a friend. Not sure on the year, i think its an early 90s like 90 or 91 with a VG and a 5 speed manual trans. Engine broke the crankshaft snout so its done but the rest of the car worked pretty good. Interior is complete but is stained in some places, rear seats have some small holes. Any questions please post up. Wanting to part out as much as possibly before it goes to the crusher. Any reasonable offers are considered, let me know what you want and make a reasonable offer. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM

Old 04-12-2010, 07:30 PM

Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Would be lost w/out the org

How much for the shifter surround minus boot, radio surround, ashtray lid, button surround, and gauge surround... all 5 black plastic pieces?

The local junkyard wants $25... but they're the wrong color.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned

How much for the bose speakers? PM Me.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:30 PM

How much for the sunroof glass only?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by traxtar944
How much for the shifter surround minus boot, radio surround, ashtray lid, button surround, and gauge surround... all 5 black plastic pieces?

The local junkyard wants $25... but they're the wrong color.
Does $40 shipped sound coo? Your in Indiana right?

Originally Posted by Logan_Gibson
How much for the bose speakers? PM Me.
Which ones? All of them? With the amps and housings? Make me a reasonable offer, i really don't know.

Originally Posted by nitrous360
How much for the sunroof glass only?
Make me a reasonable offer considering the extra care for shipping it.

Guys, don't be scared just make me an offer. Like I said i just wanna sell as much off of it as i can for my buddy and help him out. You let me know what seems fair and not hella low ball
Old 04-17-2010, 09:12 PM

How much for the complete 5spd swap...located 57042?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:30 AM

If Traxtar944 doesn't take that trim for the radio I will along with that lil cover next to the coin slot (Been looking all over for that). My trim is cracked. $10 for the beige upper piece of the column b/w the front and rear on passenger side?

What condition are those stock rims in? If they are just dirty and don't need much work then I'll take those without tires for $75.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:11 AM

I just noticed something. That dash piece is more dimensional than mine. And the dash dash a hangover action to the trim. Still desire it though. Must be a Cali thing.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by maximo018
I just noticed something. That dash piece is more dimensional than mine. And the dash dash a hangover action to the trim. Still desire it though. Must be a Cali thing.
FYI the 89-91 center dash piece won't fit your VE. They're different 89-91 and 92-94, and it's not just the dash piece. The radio brackets are different too, so your radio isn't going to line up if you stick that VG trim piece in your car
Old 04-18-2010, 08:02 AM

Turbizzy - does the headlight switch work properly? They tend to go bad and malfunction on the high beam setting (only one light works). If it's good, how much for it? I need one

Also, does the master door lock/window switch on the driver's side door work properly? (i.e., works all windows and door locks). If it's good, how much for it too?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:08 PM

Passenger side headlight assembly shipped to 06095 and rear wing
Old 04-18-2010, 05:04 PM

Im not really sure what all is involved in a 5spd swap, can you tell me what all you need and i can try to come up with something?

As far as I know the headlamps and master window switch all work ok but I will double check tomorrow and let you know. I do know the master window switch lettering is fading though.

Ill double check the passenger side headlamp assembly and rear wing for damage and also let you know.

Ill double check the rims for damage and staining. Im still not sure what your talking about that you need from the dash. Traxtar has completed his purchase for the dash peices btw.

Anything else guys, let me know. James32SE, do you still need those items in your signature? LMK.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by turbizzy
As far as I know the headlamps and master window switch all work ok but I will double check tomorrow and let you know. I do know the master window switch lettering is fading though.

James32SE, do you still need those items in your signature? LMK.
I don't mind about the faded lettering, just as long as it all works

I do still need a 5 speed axle carrier bracket, but it's not a huge priority right now since I really don't want to spend unnecessary money. But for the right price you never know
Old 04-19-2010, 02:07 AM

Thanks James. Would've hated to buy and find out that it wouldn't work. Is that a stock shifter?
Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE
Turbizzy - does the headlight switch work properly? They tend to go bad and malfunction on the high beam setting (only one light works). If it's good, how much for it? I need one

Also, does the master door lock/window switch on the driver's side door work properly? (i.e., works all windows and door locks). If it's good, how much for it too?
OK i just tested them and yes they both work great. Like I said though, the window switch does have faded out writing but still works good. $30 shipped sound ok for both? My paypal is izzyiskool@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by Augustus Maximus
Passenger side headlight assembly shipped to 06095 and rear wing
The headlamp is in great shape, just gotta figure out how to remove it. Do you want the headamp bucket it sits in to adjust it or just the lense assembly? Also, the wing looks good but from underneath is looks kinda rotted and when i pulled up on it away from the trunk it looks like the pins that hold it to the trunk are broken off, really cheesy design. So not sure if your still interested in the wing. LMK.

Originally Posted by maximo018

What condition are those stock rims in? If they are just dirty and don't need much work then I'll take those without tires for $75.
The rims are in great shape however i'd like to still keep them on the car until its time to junk it so that its not just sitting on blocks in the back of my dealership lol. But for 75, to remove the tires and then to ship them is gonna be too much of a hassle. Im not even sure what it costs to ship them but im sure your lookin at somewhere around $200 all said and done. LMK if your still interested in them when im about to dump the car.

I do still need a 5 speed axle carrier bracket, but it's not a huge priority right now since I really don't want to spend unnecessary money. But for the right price you never know
Well if you really really want it, lmk and i can try to take it off if i ever pull it into the shop to remove something. Don't really feel like pushing it way into the shop and ripping the axle out for like 10 bucks feel me? But if i have it in there for something ill let you know.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:06 PM

Ok kool. Does the master switch on the drvr side still work for the windows?
Old 04-20-2010, 05:39 PM

See the previous post, yes it does. But i think James92SE was interested in it first... see what he says.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 PM

Any idea what condition the transmission is in? Could you pm me a price plus shipping to 63376? Thanks.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:24 PM

As far as i know the tranny was in good shape, he put a new clutch in it not too long ago and all new shift linkage. Funambulus was asking about the 5 speed complete swap but hasn't told me what all he wants since im not familiar with it all.

But iunno, make me an offer on it, make it worth my time to pull it out and ship it to ya lol. Not even sure what it runs to ship but im sure its not hella cheap. LMK if your serious and i can yank it out get a shipping estimate.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:17 PM

I need the sunroof visor w/ all clips in tact. I also need the a pillar covers & side headliner trims. Are these available? What condition are they in? Color does not matter.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:43 AM

I need the sunroof visor w/ all clips in tact. I also need the a pillar covers & side headliner trims. Are these available? What condition are they in? Color does not matter.
What exactly are the side headliner trims?

Combination switch sold
Master window switch sold
cluster bezel, shifter bezel, radio bezel and dash bezel sold
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by turbizzy
What exactly are the side headliner trims?
They are the thin long trim pieces that run along the sides of the headliner and run into the a pillars on the front and the quarter trims on the rear.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Looking for an exhaust manifold (the one closest to the firewall). Not sure if that's too much of a project for you to remove... let me know. Also interested in the sunroof visor and one (or both, if you don't want to split them up) of the rear speakers. Shipping to zip code 10901. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:34 PM

I really need the passenger side brake light. Somebody bumped my parked car, crushed the light in and drove away. I might take the driver side one as well, just in case. How much are you looking to get?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Would be lost w/out the org

Free bump for an awesome seller. Buy your stuff from this guy! He ships fast, has VERY reasonable pricing, and had some of the best communication I've seen in a long time. He also took the time to properly package the items I purchased. I'd DEFINITELY buy from him again.

A+
Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Boomer Sooner

How about the MAF and Injectors shipped to 74601?? Thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:01 PM

If that is a 91, I need the left front ABS speed sensor. I see the ABS actuator. How much to 27713? Thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 08:02 AM

Turbizzy has been mia for the last 2 weeks. I don't know.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:42 AM

Yeah guys, my bad i haven't been on in a few days. I went on vacation to the midwest and im just barely catching up with work. Let me check on all these items you guys want and ill get back to you asap.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 AM

FYI the 89-91 center dash piece won't fit your VE. They're different 89-91 and 92-94, and it's not just the dash piece. The radio brackets are different too, so your radio isn't going to line up if you stick that VG trim piece in your car
Does that include the a/c control module?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:02 PM

What color dot does the injectors have? They test good? I need at least 3, possibly all 6 of them. How much?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:47 AM
94c Big Max

I need the following items:

1. The upper air box, this is the detachable plastic part that connects to the MAF, not the entire box, just this part.

2. approx 8x8in and 1cm thick metal bracket that you attach the speed or ABS sensor onto the rear strut knuckle (your ride must have a disc brake & abs). If you have the mounting bracket for the speed sensor, I'll take it too. It's probably much easier if you just pull the whole thing out together. I need both sides (passenger & driver) brackets, not the sensors.

How much would you charge plus shipping to 85635?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:22 PM

The sunshade is in good shape, slightly dirty but can be cleaned up. The clips are intact and there are no rips or breaks or anything that i can see.

$25 shipped

The pillars and headliner trims are in good shape too except the driver's a pillar has a small hole in the fabric as you can see in the pics, not too bad. Im not sure how much all this is to be honest man, make me a reasonable offer.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bri974
Looking for an exhaust manifold (the one closest to the firewall). Not sure if that's too much of a project for you to remove... let me know. Also interested in the sunroof visor and one (or both, if you don't want to split them up) of the rear speakers. Shipping to zip code 10901. Thanks!
According to the owner the manifolds were leaking/warped so if you really want it and have it resurfaced at a machine shop LMK. Sunshade is good, $25 shipped. All speakers are gone, sorry.

Originally Posted by Cinnamint
I really need the passenger side brake light. Somebody bumped my parked car, crushed the light in and drove away. I might take the driver side one as well, just in case. How much are you looking to get?

Hmm how about $30 shipped each tail light, $40 shipped for the center lense or all for $75 shipped? LMK

Originally Posted by Black92GXE
How about the MAF and Injectors shipped to 74601?? Thanks!

Injectors i know are good, a few have been replaced and car ran great. I can't tell you the dot color cuz they're still on the car.

How about $100 shipped for the MAF and all injectors?

Originally Posted by JC93SE
If that is a 91, I need the left front ABS speed sensor. I see the ABS actuator. How much to 27713? Thanks
I really don't know man, how about $25 shipped?

Originally Posted by Phatmatt
What color dot does the injectors have? They test good? I need at least 3, possibly all 6 of them. How much?
Like I said, I can't see the color dot until i remove them. They're all good, i think 4 have been replaced at one point. Black92GXE has first dibbs but $65 shipped for all injectors sound ok?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by bvtran
I need the following items:

1. The upper air box, this is the detachable plastic part that connects to the MAF, not the entire box, just this part.

2. approx 8x8in and 1cm thick metal bracket that you attach the speed or ABS sensor onto the rear strut knuckle (your ride must have a disc brake & abs). If you have the mounting bracket for the speed sensor, I'll take it too. It's probably much easier if you just pull the whole thing out together. I need both sides (passenger & driver) brackets, not the sensors.

How much would you charge plus shipping to 85635?
Sure man, how about $25 shipped for the air box lid?

Is it in this pic?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:52 PM

How much for the passenger side vent window shipped to 18702?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:49 AM

Like I said, I can't see the color dot until i remove them. They're all good, i think 4 have been replaced at one point. Black92GXE has first dibbs but $65 shipped for all injectors sound ok?
Is that with the fuel rails? Sorry I didn't ask before. One last question, are they the new or old style connectors?

Here is a pic of both new and old. I need the old style.
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u...992maximase30/

And once off the car could you please test them to see if they are between 10-14ohms. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sgibb
How much for the passenger side vent window shipped to 18702?
Umm iunno how about $40 shipped? LMK

Originally Posted by Phatmatt
Is that with the fuel rails? Sorry I didn't ask before. One last question, are they the new or old style connectors?

Here is a pic of both new and old. I need the old style.
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u...992maximase30/

And once off the car could you please test them to see if they are between 10-14ohms. Thanks.
Yes they are the old style injectors, i just looked. I can also include the harness pigtails if you want since those go bad too. I can definately test them to ensure they're within spec and im pretty sure they will be since the car ran great. You want the fuel rails too? How about an extra 10 bucks? Sound ok?

Guys, let me know please. We need to have the car towed soon. Ill work with you, just don't low ball me. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Parting out a 3rd Gen VG/5MT