3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

What should i do

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 01:00 AM

What should i do

i have about 875 dollars from working, i am wondering what i should do with this money to my maxima, wether it be an appearnce mod or suspension or performance what would you guys do, dont flame me b/c i want some advice i got some ideas but i would like to know what you guys would do.
Old 07-21-2002, 01:33 AM

Buy some US Savings Bond?

BTW you might consider getting into the stock market. I know they've had nothing but bad news lately, but that's when you should buy stocks: when prices are low.
Old 07-21-2002, 03:42 AM

Save the money.
Old 07-21-2002, 08:30 AM

Re: What should i do

Originally posted by MaxManMo420
i have about 875 dollars from working, i am wondering what i should do with this money to my maxima, wether it be an appearnce mod or suspension or performance what would you guys do, dont flame me b/c i want some advice i got some ideas but i would like to know what you guys would do.
you could donate a huge chunk of it to maxima.org for letting you use the SEARCH FUNCTION! oh and the stock thing, yeah you could do that, he's right about the low prices, plus you could just buy short, either way with stocks it just takes a lot of analyzing to get good at them. either way you don't wanna just jump into it if you don't know what you're doing cause you got a good tip or something. oh yeah, i have never traded stocks or anything i just know a little, i'm not an expert.
oh, and for a little real advice, i dono what you have, but right now if i had that i'd probably do I/E, actually i am getting an intake soon. or maybe start a turbo project
Old 07-21-2002, 08:38 AM

Save it for when your transmission fails.
Old 07-21-2002, 08:44 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

You guys are tragic, I tell ya...

MaxManMo420 - It really all depends on what direction you want to take your Max. We honestly aren't in a position to know that... only YOU are. I, personally, would go the performance route. Some others might opt for the looks. But it really boils down to what you envision the end result of your hard-earned labor to be.

And that's just MY $875 worth of advice - send it via PayPal!
Old 07-21-2002, 09:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yu could just send me the money thats a nice way to let go of it
Old 07-21-2002, 02:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Intake, Front Strut Tower Brace, Y-pipe/High-Flow Cat, Rear Sway Bar or matched Sway Bar set, 16/17" X 8" rims w/ 235 tires. These are all pretty basic upgrades.
A good Cold Air Intake from Cattman, Place Racing or Warpspeed performance; a solid aluminum FSTB from StealthMax and a Y-pipe + Cat from www.budgetexhaust.com will total ~$400. I don't know much about swaybar prices, and you know how much rims/tires can cost.
Maximas really need swaybars and upgraded rolling stock. You won't notice a huge difference from a FSTB if you have a stock suspension, but it's there, and you'd certainly notice if you removed it after upgrading springs/shocks, rims, etc.
There are also short throw shifters, clutches, brake kits, subframe connectors, cams, cat-back exhausts, Viscous Limited Slip Differentials (Quaife), Unorthodox Racing lightweight Underdrive Crankshaft Pulleys, port/polish your heads, advancing your ignition timing and maybe some more. Plus suspension/cosmetic upgrades.
Old 07-21-2002, 03:43 PM

i have 17" rims with 225/45/17, intake, FSTB, dual exhaust and **** like that, im going to get a y pipe, high flo cat, UDP, RSB, lowering springs, and an aluminum dash kit, then i am going to get ZEX nitrous and then paint the car totally red, JWT ECU, depending on the cash flow maybe some JWT cams, and possibly a port and polish. how much HP could i expect from all that? i have the VG30E engine.
Old 07-21-2002, 04:22 PM

go to junkyard...pick up vg30et... drop in.... buy mods
Old 07-21-2002, 09:55 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

buy a ******* camera and stop BS'ing everyone!
Old 07-21-2002, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
buy a ******* camera and stop BS'ing everyone!
...Word.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:07 PM

what do you want me to prove that i have dual exhaust, CAI, FSTB,clear corners, nice audio system with 2 12" fosgate subs, 17"white rims, and a very sharp looking engine bay. is that all i have to prove oir do you want more?
Old 07-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

a few months ago in your sig you said you had a port and poslished intake manifold that your neighbor did for you...now you're asking how much it'll cost to have a port and polish done....dude STFU!!! what do you need to prove??? ...nevermind nothing, you don't have to prove a thing!

what do you want me to prove that i have dual exhaust, CAI, FSTB,clear corners, nice audio system with 2 12" fosgate subs, 17"white rims, and a very sharp looking engine bay. is that all i have to prove oir do you want more?
Old 07-21-2002, 10:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

what do you want me to prove that i have dual exhaust, CAI, FSTB,clear corners, nice audio system with 2 12" fosgate subs, 17"white rims, and a very sharp looking engine bay.
In a word - yes.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:27 PM

cant forget about the turbo..........
Old 07-21-2002, 10:27 PM

i am wonering how much an Extrude hone is for my heads not my intake manifold so you STFU
Old 07-21-2002, 10:33 PM

dude, you aren't really gonna get anywhere by ****ing people off.

Honestly, I would go with the y pipe, and the springs and struts and save the rest. You dont want to blow all of your money on your car.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:40 PM

OK here it is, im not bull****ting anyone anymore, yea i said i had a turbo b/c i knew if i said that, you ppl would be puzzled b/c there arent many turbo VG's out there, so i thought it would be funny. I guess No on here has a sense of humor when it comes to turbos on a 3rd generation maxima. so i dont have a turbo so you can stop thinking that if you havent already and yes my intake manifold is ported and polished its actually more like just polished b/c my neigbor is stupid. so im not bull****ting anymore, let by gones be by gones or some **** like that so yra i will have pics soon but just CHILL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2002, 11:27 PM

OK here it is, im not bull****ting anyone anymore, yea i said i had a turbo b/c i knew if i said that, you ppl would be puzzled b/c there arent many turbo VG's out there, so i thought it would be funny. I guess No on here has a sense of humor when it comes to turbos on a 3rd generation maxima. so i dont have a turbo so you can stop thinking that if you havent already and yes my intake manifold is ported and polished its actually more like just polished b/c my neigbor is stupid. so im not bull****ting anymore, let by gones be by gones or some **** like that so yra i will have pics soon but just CHILL!!!!!!!!!!!
...That's tight dude. I myself slapped in a Jspec engine from a MR2. Made my car a mid engine. Yeah I figured slapping in a small liter engine would make my car lighter and faster. It's madness I tell you. Oh and pics of all your mods would be nice.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:16 AM
Donating member? what the?!

If I had 875 1 dollar bills I would...

If I had 875 1 dollar bills, I would try to do something to my A/T... but you might have been smart and bought a M/T.

I would go out and get a Valve Body job on the tranny... and then if I had some more, which you probably won't after the valve body thing, I would get a torque converter...

But that's JUST me...

BTW, you think you can help a fella out?...
Old 07-22-2002, 05:58 AM

Not this character again...
Old 07-22-2002, 06:04 AM

Re: If I had 875 1 dollar bills I would...

Originally posted by super32
If I had 875 1 dollar bills, I would try to do something to my A/T... but you might have been smart and bought a M/T.

I would go out and get a Valve Body job on the tranny... and then if I had some more, which you probably won't after the valve body thing, I would get a torque converter...

But that's JUST me...

BTW, you think you can help a fella out?...
what is Valve body job and what does it do to your transmission and where can i get the torque converter and what does that do?? Thank you all in advance...
Old 07-22-2002, 08:56 AM

Re: What should i do

Hey man, where in Colorado do you live? A lowered car here isn't very practical, so I'd do a Y-pipe.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:53 AM

what the **** are you wondering??? you answered your own ****ing question...

i have 17" rims with 225/45/17, intake, FSTB, dual exhaust and **** like that, im going to get a y pipe, high flo cat, UDP, RSB, lowering springs, and an aluminum dash kit, then i am going to get ZEX nitrous and then paint the car totally red, JWT ECU, depending on the cash flow maybe some JWT cams, and possibly a port and polish. how much HP could i expect from all that? i have the VG30E engine.