3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

91 SE Resurrection, Glad to be here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 06:37 AM

91 SE Resurrection, Glad to be here

Hello Maxers, the time has come for me to join in on this family in order to increase the pimpicity of those around us, and spread the funkalicious Love that emanates from my Heart & VG30E

I'm all stock right now but Ive decided to live with my parents again just so I can devote my income to this investment, something I should have done when I got it about 5 years ago (had I been more responsible and disciplined) My aunt works at a (Ford, yech) dealership who had a guy look at it and she told me about engine overhaul, bad suspension, steering column, in general, itd be better off just selling it. I almost fell for it.

Let me tell you something (well, me reading this something from these forums actually Dont listen to anybody LOL. I can get this baby going again for a few thousand dollars w/ mods.

My main problem (for a few years) had been power in my acceleration which I am really hoping has to do with at least one hole in the exhaust as well as the cat converter I think either got hit by something or cracked, hopefully not burned by malfunction.
I plan on getting the beautiful cat conv from one of the links to the main max parts, the $175 cat, and the Y-pipe (+ a new muffler)
More specifically its basically I lost horsepower and is loud as hell, Im sure the noise is from the exhaust, but the power, is that an engine problem as suggested? I hope its cat conv related. Also lower shifting is weird, (overhaul?) usually am able to maneuver the shiftinge nough for it to be close to norma but I think Im hitting 2500rpm at 75mph? I dunno shouldnt it be around 2000?

I plan on getting sway bars, springs, need to know more about the suspension itself (stillen?) CAI Intake, basically the products offered from the sites here that most of you have. Im not as concerned with race type right now as much as aftermarket repair.

My left back window power doesnt work, (fusebox by hood switch?) Ill check the regulator)

Power/Comfort switch - Cant I just use this as a switch for whatever I want? Useless right?

Ok the 1st thing Im doing is the Stereo, so, here I go:

After research it seems its just a little more than opinion. Majority says its better for aftermarket. Heres what I say.
I basically have the fron right speaker working as closely as possible, the front left is weak, the left rear is static all the time now, the rear right is weak, the readio - 1 button doesnt work, the tape player doesnt work. Hmmmmm what do you think...

Right now Im going to install 2x300 watt speakers in the back and bypass the amplifiers (possibly Infinity 6x9) If I can get a premade box with 2 12's like I just saw (sweet 80$ plexiglass bandpass box)
So Im thinking an 1800 Amp for the rear 6x9's and the 2 12's.
But I also noticed someone had cut holes for tweeters on their doors and I really liked that Idea. I want to do that with all 4 doors. wiring shouldnt be that hard. (I noticed 300watt chromes, hmmm) but then I also need to power the 5 1/4 front speakers, so Ill need another amp, right? Would I be better off adding another battery in the trunk for all this?

Also, VERY IMPORTANT - Do I still need the harness converter for my aftermarket HU? Or will I just be bypassing that (?) Im getting a portable soldering station as well as some crimpers and shizz...

hmmm....I think thats it so its;

1. exhaust/cat. conv/accelaration power problem
2. new exhaust system
3.Straight up new aftermarket system

Please tell me what y'all think. Im turning my rundown pumpkin carriage into a studio. (actually, when my system is done, I will have a laptop with audiosoftware, and will have instruments plugged into it like midi keyboard, mics, guitar, right into my system, so I can drive while passengers jam/record, and at a chill spot I can join in. We can be the first band to jam and record an album literally on the road!)

Pix arent necassary right now, but will get a camera soon and setup a page. Please involve yourself with this as much as you like I'm glad to find this place. I am currently in Edina/Plymouth, MN but want to get the hell out of here

PEACE ****'S
Old 07-21-2002, 07:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: 91 SE Resurrection, Glad to be here!

Originally posted by Shazbot
Hello Maxers, the time has come for me to join in on this family in order to increase the pimpicity of those around us, and spread the funkalicious Love that emanates from my Heart & VG30E

I'm all stock right now but Ive decided to live with my parents again just so I can devote my income to this investment, something I should have done when I got it about 5 years ago (had I been more responsible and disciplined) My aunt works at a (Ford, yech) dealership who had a guy look at it and she told me about engine overhaul, bad suspension, steering column, in general, itd be better off just selling it. I almost fell for it.

Let me tell you something (well, me reading this something from these forums actually Dont listen to anybody LOL. I can get this baby going again for a few thousand dollars w/ mods.

My main problem (for a few years) had been power in my acceleration which I am really hoping has to do with at least one hole in the exhaust as well as the cat converter I think either got hit by something or cracked, hopefully not burned by malfunction.
I plan on getting the beautiful cat conv from one of the links to the main max parts, the $175 cat, and the Y-pipe (+ a new muffler)
More specifically its basically I lost horsepower and is loud as hell, Im sure the noise is from the exhaust, but the power, is that an engine problem as suggested? I hope its cat conv related. Also lower shifting is weird, (overhaul?) usually am able to maneuver the shiftinge nough for it to be close to norma but I think Im hitting 2500rpm at 75mph? I dunno shouldnt it be around 2000?

I plan on getting sway bars, springs, need to know more about the suspension itself (stillen?) CAI Intake, basically the products offered from the sites here that most of you have. Im not as concerned with race type right now as much as aftermarket repair.

My left back window power doesnt work, (fusebox by hood switch?) Ill check the regulator)

Power/Comfort switch - Cant I just use this as a switch for whatever I want? Useless right?

Ok the 1st thing Im doing is the Stereo, so, here I go:

After research it seems its just a little more than opinion. Majority says its better for aftermarket. Heres what I say.
I basically have the fron right speaker working as closely as possible, the front left is weak, the left rear is static all the time now, the rear right is weak, the readio - 1 button doesnt work, the tape player doesnt work. Hmmmmm what do you think...

Right now Im going to install 2x300 watt speakers in the back and bypass the amplifiers (possibly Infinity 6x9) If I can get a premade box with 2 12's like I just saw (sweet 80$ plexiglass bandpass box)
So Im thinking an 1800 Amp for the rear 6x9's and the 2 12's.
But I also noticed someone had cut holes for tweeters on their doors and I really liked that Idea. I want to do that with all 4 doors. wiring shouldnt be that hard. (I noticed 300watt chromes, hmmm) but then I also need to power the 5 1/4 front speakers, so Ill need another amp, right? Would I be better off adding another battery in the trunk for all this?

Also, VERY IMPORTANT - Do I still need the harness converter for my aftermarket HU? Or will I just be bypassing that (?) Im getting a portable soldering station as well as some crimpers and shizz...

hmmm....I think thats it so its;

1. exhaust/cat. conv/accelaration power problem
2. new exhaust system
3.Straight up new aftermarket system

Please tell me what y'all think. Im turning my rundown pumpkin carriage into a studio. (actually, when my system is done, I will have a laptop with audiosoftware, and will have instruments plugged into it like midi keyboard, mics, guitar, right into my system, so I can drive while passengers jam/record, and at a chill spot I can join in. We can be the first band to jam and record an album literally on the road!)

Pix arent necassary right now, but will get a camera soon and setup a page. Please involve yourself with this as much as you like I'm glad to find this place. I am currently in Edina/Plymouth, MN but want to get the hell out of here

PEACE ****'S
thats great and i think the same think about my car (that i am not going to sell my car and fix everything that is bad).
the power switch shifts the gear faster to gain moree speed and the comfort is for slow shifting....