3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

carbon fiber hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 09:55 PM

carbon fiber hood

I have recieved my new carbon fiber hood the other day, and it is on the car and it looks sooooo good. Just want to point out to the other people that are getting the hood that there are some things you may have to do. First you may have take off your hood liftsand second you may have to take off the hood hooks that are both sides of the windshield( these are the little metals things that keep your hood from coming up in rear when you get hit in the front, hopefully that doesn't happen) just wanted to say if anybody was worried about what they look like, you should not worry they fit perfect. Thanks to everybody that made this hood possible, maybe we can get other things made with this kind of support.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:29 PM

Re: carbon fiber hood

maybe we can also get some pictures of what it looks like?
Old 08-04-2002, 03:43 AM

Re: Re: carbon fiber hood

I can't wait intill mine comes!!!
Old 08-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

damn I wanted to be the first lol hopefully it comes on monday, mabey I can be the first with pics. then its off to the body shop for 3 weeks
Old 08-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

ordered mine on Friday...GOD DAMMIT......I WANT MY HOOD NOW!!!!!

congrads maximiz3!!! could we get some pics??
Old 08-04-2002, 01:49 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by DA-MAX
[B]ordered mine on Friday[B]
damn man, I ordered mine the second week of july and It still hasnt come,
Old 08-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by N34JZ
damn man, I ordered mine the second week of july and It still hasnt come,
IMO this whole ordeal is ridiculous to begin with...for one the "leader" of the deal doesn't really stay in contact with any of us, second, the way FI conducts business(ie no phone service, etc.) is kinda strange and this whole shipping deal is kinda crazy as well...
Old 08-04-2002, 02:09 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well I got them my first try but since then I havent had time to check up on things with them, I will try on monday, also In all fairness David is probably busy and has given us some info, but I understand what your saying, when you buy stuff online you like to have confidence and you get that from constant communication.

the one gripe I do have is the shipping, about making it simpler or whatever. but when I ship hods from my supplier in Cali to here for customers, there ussually from $50 to $75, and around the same size. so I think $100 was a bit much but whatever I just wish the damn thing would come
Old 08-04-2002, 02:23 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

the one gripe I do have is the shipping, about making it simpler or whatever. but when I ship hods from my supplier in Cali to here for customers, there ussually from $50 to $75, and around the same size. so I think $100 was a bit much but whatever I just wish the damn thing would come
yeah thats what I thought it would be at first too...around $75 or so to ship...and did the shipping compnay call you yet?? if I remember correctly they called James92se to confirm shipping the order, only prob is I think they were ready to ship him a hood for a Celica!
Old 08-04-2002, 02:27 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

yeah thats what I thought it would be at first too...around $75 or so to ship...and did the shipping compnay call you yet?? if I remember correctly they called James92se to confirm shipping the order, only prob is I think they were ready to ship him a hood for a Celica!
no were they supposed too? hit me up on AIM xrrcd
Old 08-04-2002, 07:16 PM

They called my number looking for a Mr. Paul C and wanted to ship his Celica hood.

Obviously they have MY number for this Paul guy, which I dont see how they could get us mixed up.

I thought I explained to them weeks ago that they have the wrong number for this Paul guy, but I got another message just yesterday about it. Idiots.

How did you guys pay (Fax in CC or what?)? Man I really need to order, lol I think I'm the last one!
Old 08-05-2002, 09:37 AM

i faxed in my credit card and connie called to let me know it would be charged the day it is shipped out. she told me 3 payments came in before mine and they are producing a hood a week. (every four days)
Old 08-05-2002, 09:49 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

let me just make sure I used the same fax number as you guys....
661-274-9555, right??
Old 08-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I faxed my CC info

and Im gonna check now if my CC was charged yet
Old 08-05-2002, 02:41 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

nope it wasnt charged

damn that sucks I hope It comes by next friday or its really gonna hold things up for me
Old 08-05-2002, 06:13 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: nope it wasnt charged

damn that sucks I hope It comes by next friday or its really gonna hold things up for me
dude I've been checking all day....no go for me either!!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:35 AM

For you guys that faxed in the CC...

What all was supposed to be on there?

I remember she told me like to have your DL and CC # along with a little written out thing allowing them to charge your CC.

Anybody remember if that's right, or am I leaving something out?

661-274-9555?
Old 08-06-2002, 02:45 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by James12345
For you guys that faxed in the CC...

What all was supposed to be on there?

I remember she told me like to have your DL and CC # along with a little written out thing allowing them to charge your CC.

Anybody remember if that's right, or am I leaving something out?

661-274-9555?
no thats right , I got the info from you and when I sent it everything was fine and she said it would ship next week.(a month ago)
Old 08-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

so glad i'm not a guinea pig for this...
Old 08-06-2002, 03:08 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Chris91SE
so glad i'm not a guinea pig for this...
when you see the hoods youll wish you were
Old 08-06-2002, 06:01 PM

That is right , I was the first g.p. and i hope everybodies hood comes out as good as mine no blems and check out the inscription on the top of the hood near the windshield in the middle.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:49 PM

no thats right , I got the info from you and when I sent it everything was fine and she said it would ship next week.(a month ago)
Good deal, I was just making sure since I hadnt talked to her today. Anyway I'm all paid up.

I hope I'm not dead last on this. I'd like end up getting it in like November.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:09 PM

fiber images hood

I recieved my CF hood today and I must say the quailty is very nice havent had a chance for fitment but on a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a ten this hood realy looks nice.Not a bad hook up on a group deal good lookin out to the originator of this GD.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:19 PM

Re: fiber images hood

Originally posted by MAX/OD
I recieved my CF hood today and I must say the quailty is very nice havent had a chance for fitment but on a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a ten this hood realy looks nice.Not a bad hook up on a group deal good lookin out to the originator of this GD.
That's great to hear...

After hearing about the 4th gen guys complain about their hoods I was kinda worried. But this is good news!
Old 08-06-2002, 07:36 PM

Pics pics pics
Old 08-06-2002, 09:19 PM

Good deal, I was just making sure since I hadnt talked to her today. Anyway I'm all paid up.

I hope I'm not dead last on this. I'd like end up getting it in like November.
dont worry i havent paid yet either.. haha
Old 08-07-2002, 02:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

DA-MAX....

IMO this whole ordeal is ridiculous to begin with...for one the "leader" of the deal doesn't really stay in contact with any of us, second, the way FI conducts business(ie no phone service, etc.) is kinda strange and this whole shipping deal is kinda crazy as well...

You have NO IDEA about the kind of bull**** that I had to go through to make this deal possible. I have been working on this since January of this year and I still do not have my hood yet. I haven't driven my car since April because it has no hood. I have been in communications with everybody who has emailed me and I have replied in a timely mannner. When I got information, I posted it on the .org right away. After my original hood was damaged during shipping, I've had to go through a series of phone calls to get a reimbursement from Airborne Express. I work part-time and go to school full-time and don't have time to be sitting on the computer 24 hours a day emailing YOU! If you had any question, you could have emailed me. Obviously, you may have been either too lazy or too busy to even do that. In my opinion, your remarks are rather ingrateful. Maybe you should think before you post crap like this. I'm not asking for a reward or even a thanks. I know that there are people who appreciate the effort put into this group deal. Tell you what, since you seem to be the expert on group deals, why don't you go ahead and head up the next group deal and see how much you get accomplished. It probably won't be much....

David C.
Old 08-07-2002, 02:41 AM

Re: DA-MAX....

Originally posted by maximapowr

You have NO IDEA about the kind of bull**** that I had to go through to make this deal possible. I have been working on this since January of this year and I still do not have my hood yet. I haven't driven my car since April because it has no hood. I have been in communications with everybody who has emailed me and I have replied in a timely mannner. When I got information, I posted it on the .org right away. After my original hood was damaged during shipping, I've had to go through a series of phone calls to get a reimbursement from Airborne Express. I work part-time and go to school full-time and don't have time to be sitting on the computer 24 hours a day emailing YOU! If you had any question, you could have emailed me. Obviously, you may have been either too lazy or too busy to even do that. In my opinion, your remarks are rather ingrateful. Maybe you should think before you post crap like this. I'm not asking for a reward or even a thanks. I know that there are people who appreciate the effort put into this group deal. Tell you what, since you seem to be the expert on group deals, why don't you go ahead and head up the next group deal and see how much you get accomplished. It probably won't be much....

David C.
Good Morning. Yeah I guess we should of said thanks. I remember when I was the first one to send the deposit and it took FFOORREEVVEERR to get 10 people. I even started to lose hope but it worked out. Thanks David for getting another product out there for aour aging 3rd gen. Also shipping for $100 is fair for me because I am on the east coast but closer places it should be less.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:11 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: DA-MAX....

yeah maybe that came out wrong on my part, sorry. but you have to see it from our perspective...YOU organized the deal, YOU collected OUR $225 dollars, YOU sent in OUR money and since FI can't be contacted in any way YOU were our only means of contact concernig the issue, thus thats why I'm a little tense about it... and no where in my statement did I insult you I just stated that I felt your contact/updates with us was minimal...I've been in many previous group deals as well as Ebay sales and the leader or seller is always the one responsible for the constant updates not the buyer or the participants. especially in a deal like this where there are so many ridiculous factors such as FI not answering phones, only taking faxxed orders and no returning emails. thats why I said its ridiculous, ungrateful, NO....matter of fact I'm very thankful you had the drive to put this together....BUT, concerned and damanding, YES...I feel if I put out $550 I have the right to be!

Originally posted by maximapowr

David C.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:28 AM

Re: Re: DA-MAX....

yeah maybe that came out wrong on my part, sorry. but you have to see it from our perspective...YOU organized the deal, YOU collected OUR $225 dollars, YOU sent in OUR money and since FI can't be contacted in any way YOU were our only means of contact concernig the issue, thus thats why I'm a little tense about it... and no where in my statement did I insult you I just stated that I felt your contact/updates with us was minimal...I've been in many previous group deals as well as Ebay sales and the leader or seller is always the one responsible for the constant updates not the buyer or the participants. especially in a deal like this where there are so many ridiculous factors such as FI not answering phones, only taking faxxed orders and no returning emails. thats why I said its ridiculous, ungrateful, NO....matter of fact I'm very thankful you had the drive to put this together....BUT, concerned and damanding, YES...I feel if I put out $550 I have the right to be!

Wow that was a great answere to his post! Those dam people need to answere there phone, whats this faxing thing I am hearing about
Old 08-07-2002, 04:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: DA-MAX....

Sorry to blow up, but my contact with FI has also been minimal. As you all know, it is hard to get a hold of them. I'm glad that the people who have received their hoods like the way they turned out. I don't think that I could handle twelve angry maxima owners. This whole thing seemed to be more trouble than it's worth. I probably should have posted more info, but there were a lot of "behind the scenes" type things that I did that most people don't realize. The whole process is very trying...I just wanna thank everyone for their cooperation, patience, and understanding. This deal took much longer than anticipated...

Thanks to all,
David C.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:36 PM

To me a CF hood was one of those 'dont even think about it' kinda things for 3rd gen Maxima. Up there with coilovers and SC's. lol

So I'm thrilled to say the least.

Now let's hope it's not November before I get my hood. Especially if they're only making one a week.
Old 08-07-2002, 05:18 PM

David , I just want to say thanks again for all your help making this group deal possible and I just hope your aare as happy about your hood as I am with mine, who ever hs a problem with the shipping cost I am sorry for you, just think you would be more grateful about the fact that we got a chance for our car to have something like this. David appreciate all the hard work maybe I can help with a GP in the future.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:42 PM

To me a CF hood was one of those 'dont even think about it' kinda things for 3rd gen Maxima. Up there with coilovers and SC's. lol

So I'm thrilled to say the least.

Now let's hope it's not November before I get my hood. Especially if they're only making one a week.
No she said mine will be on its way next friday
Old 08-08-2002, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by maximiz3
David , I just want to say thanks again for all your help making this group deal possible and I just hope your aare as happy about your hood as I am with mine, who ever hs a problem with the shipping cost I am sorry for you, just think you would be more grateful about the fact that we got a chance for our car to have something like this. David appreciate all the hard work maybe I can help with a GP in the future.
It's not so much that we've got a problem with a shipping cost, it's just that FI didnt actually figure up shipping cost for each of us.

I mean they're in Palmdale, Ca. If for example someone was in Seattle, they'd get charged $100 shipping just as someone living in Maine would get charged $100 for shipping.

That obviously isnt fair to the Seattle guy, who is a heckuva lot closer to Ca than Maine.

Them automatically tacking on $100 for each hood is their way of weasling some more money out of it. It reminds me of like one of those deals where you find OEM parts for cheap, but then the shipping cost is mysteriously outrageous.

But hey, we're still all grateful for the hoods, right?
Old 08-08-2002, 01:09 AM

Well since David was able to provide us with this Group Deal.. lets all Give him a Group Hug.

Old 08-08-2002, 02:34 AM

Is it time for a CF trunk
Old 08-08-2002, 05:36 AM

Where are the damn pics??????? Anyone
Old 08-08-2002, 11:37 AM

I agree!!

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
Is it time for a CF trunk
I was thinking that it would great to also have a CF trunk lid. I saw a black BMW that had a hood and trunk , it looked tight.It would allow us SE drivers to get different spoilers and not have to have the stock holes filled and the trunk painted, only to have trunk not quite match the older paint.

Thank David for getting us the hood, I remember when I first came to this site, about a year ago. I posted this question "does anyone make a CF hoood" the reply I got was "nope and knowone ever will" boy where they ever wrong.

Thanks again
Jason
Old 08-08-2002, 11:39 AM

My shipping was $115

She did not even ask where I lived.

Jason92SE

Quick Reply: carbon fiber hood