3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

HIGH PITCH SOUND on Stereo.. T.T

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 11:02 PM

HIGH PITCH SOUND on Stereo.. T.T

Anybody have this problem?? Whenever i turn on the radio...there is this HIGH really HIGH pitch sound coming out of my speakers. This is bothering my ear very much !! And it seems to change the tone of the pitch to one more higher level when i turn my A/C on.
Some one please help me!!

Thanks...
Old 08-09-2002, 11:39 PM

Re: HIGH PITCH SOUND on Stereo.. T.T

you have a bad ground somewhere. . . . .back of head unit probly
Old 08-09-2002, 11:47 PM

Re: Re: HIGH PITCH SOUND on Stereo.. T.T

Originally posted by ocMax
you have a bad ground somewhere. . . . .back of head unit probly
Sorry but i not very familiar with electrical stuff if i have a bad ground... where or how can i rewire it?
Old 08-10-2002, 07:47 AM

i may have this problem myself
a high pitch whine on the driver side speaker.... how do i fix it?
(explain in Barney the dinosaur terms....)
Old 08-10-2002, 09:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: HIGH PITCH SOUND on Stereo.. T.T

Originally posted by bbmax

Sorry but i not very familiar with electrical stuff if i have a bad ground... where or how can i rewire it?
If you take your headunit out and look in the ack where all the wire are comming out there should be a black one either going into the plug comming from the dash or it should be screwed in somwhere to metel. . . . if its screwed in somewhere make sure it is exposed metel and is pretty solid. If it is attached to the wires going into the dash make sure it is connected securly and if all else fail cuy it and screw it into some metel back in there (you can use the scew whole where the radio screws in) i hope this helps you
Old 08-10-2002, 10:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: HIGH PITCH SOUND on Stereo.. T.T

Originally posted by ocMax

If you take your headunit out and look in the ack where all the wire are comming out there should be a black one either going into the plug comming from the dash or it should be screwed in somwhere to metel. . . . if its screwed in somewhere make sure it is exposed metel and is pretty solid. If it is attached to the wires going into the dash make sure it is connected securly and if all else fail cuy it and screw it into some metel back in there (you can use the scew whole where the radio screws in) i hope this helps you
first of all do you have an amp running your speakers??? if so then you need to run the rca cables on the other side of the car away from the power cord because they are giving feedback. if no amp then you have a loose wire. good luck
Old 08-10-2002, 10:29 AM

It could also be your Bose amps if you still have your Bose speakers. Something goes bad w/the capacitors that makes a squealing sound. Mine made the squealing sound for a while and the front right channel eventually got worse where it makes a "pffffffffffftttttttt" noise when you first turn the car on and eventually just squeals. Some people have had success replacing the capacitors, but I've never done it so I can't go into detail on the procedure.

If you have Bose the best option is really to save up some cash to replace the speakers + headunit. If your system is already aftermarket then other people's advice about grounding and making sure your power+signal wires aren't running too close is probably correct. Hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

If you have bose it is probably one of the amps, I have had both my door speaker amps go out, and that is the sound you get when they go out.
Old 08-10-2002, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by 91SEMAX
If you have bose it is probably one of the amps, I have had both my door speaker amps go out, and that is the sound you get when they go out.
Yeah... my left driver side speaker is out. How much would it cost to replace one? Mine is all bose.. factory.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:32 AM

The sound IS coming from your Bose amp(s).

Your best bet is to remove the amp(s) and have them rebuilt for about $75 each if you can't replace the capacitors yourself. They are guaranteed for one year and the price includes return shipping.

Elliott Electronics (http://elliottelectronics.com/OEMAmp.htm)will do this for you.

Tim
Old 08-11-2002, 08:06 AM

i use to have the same problem whenever my mom would come in my car...I told her I put a lezbian sensor in the car, so anytime a lezbian entered it went off :-P come to find out, it was her cell phone!
Old 08-11-2002, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by ThumpinMaxima
i use to have the same problem whenever my mom would come in my car...I told her I put a lezbian sensor in the car, so anytime a lezbian entered it went off :-P come to find out, it was her cell phone!
Nextel? I once had a Nextel (the flip one) and every few seconds when it got a signal from the tower it'd make my picture on my computer jump and static from my stereo.