3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Warp Speed Performance Y-pipe wait.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 11:40 AM

Warp Speed Performance Y-pipe wait.

How long did it take you guys to receive your y-pipe? I ordered a while ago and linn always tells me to call the next day
Old 08-23-2002, 01:27 PM

bump
Old 08-23-2002, 02:15 PM

Shoot I hope mine doesn't take too long. Its supposed to arrived in the next couple days.

Da-sta, how long did they tell you it would take?. For me they said about 2 weeks. One week before its made and a second for delivery.

I plan to drop the oil pan so that I could get to the oil pump regulator assemply. I wanted to replace the oil pump cover but nissan wouldn't sell just the cover, and the whole pump is around $400 after the discount!!! argh! too much. The service manuel shows a lot of tolerances that should be checked on the oil pump, So I figure since the Y-pipe will be droped I could go ahead and get to the oil pan and oil pump. I hope its not that difficult to drop the large beam running across the engine and frame. poor oil press from the pump could be a source of power loss, and our vtc's and lifters won't operate properly.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:46 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by eric93SE
poor oil press from the pump could be a source of power loss, and our vtc's and lifters won't operate properly.
Sorry D-sta... not to change the subject, but... Eric, have you measured the oil pressure for your car? What should the stock oil pressure be? Thanks.
Old 08-23-2002, 04:37 PM

I hope its not that difficult to drop the large beam running across the engine and frame.
Are you talking about the crossmmember?

Isnt that what holds the engine up?
Old 08-23-2002, 05:37 PM

I know a lot of you guys out there have the y-pipes, someone please just tell me how long did u wait for them? Anyone
Old 08-23-2002, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by D-sta
I know a lot of you guys out there have the y-pipes, someone please just tell me how long did u wait for them? Anyone
Well i ordered one for my VG and it took a month, and ordered one for the VE a week and 1/2 ago and was told it should be in this week. What blows is that i have a UDP here sitting waiting for the Y pipe to arrive so i can install both together.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:42 PM

cool, that's what I was thinking, like a month. The asp pulley and y-pipe should be sweet. When you install them write up a review about them since I want the pulley also but I'm thinking of getting that next month.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:50 PM

cool, that's what I was thinking, like a month. The asp pulley and y-pipe should be sweet. When you install them write up a review about them since I want the pulley also but I'm thinking of getting that next month.

From the converstaion that me and Poorcollegeboy had, the UDP is a must for any manual driver. It gets rid of that lack of power us ve 5spd owners have below 3K rpm range. The car revvs a whole lot quicker, quick enough that if you miss a shift you will hit the revv limiter in a sec. He gave nothing but good comments for the UDP. But I will have another write up on both the y pipe and Udp as soon as i get them on.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:55 PM

with you just telling me that, I feel like ordering it tonight. By the way are you going to Franny Lew tonight?
Old 08-23-2002, 06:59 PM

with you just telling me that, I feel like ordering it tonight. By the way are you going to Franny Lew tonight?
I live like 3 mins away from Franny lew, I might come out depending on the beam pattern on these Bmw headlights, I re-did them so the match better with the grill and the hood, but the damn pattern seems to be off. If I can fix that I will come out.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:32 PM

hmmmmm......

Originally posted by MAX420

I live like 3 mins away from Franny lew, I might come out depending on the beam pattern on these Bmw headlights, I re-did them so the match better with the grill and the hood, but the damn pattern seems to be off. If I can fix that I will come out.
franny lew..... never been there......
Old 08-23-2002, 11:01 PM

warp speed y pipe

hads god luck with wrpspeed took total 10 days to get.well worth thge wait got high flow cat also car definitely showed improvmnt in acceleration,u could feel and here the increased flow,now need to get air in faster,was gonna go wth wrpspeed cai but dont know if i want to do that or just get a k&n high flow drop in.the way i understand it is that the cai drastically reduces gas mileage any one with a k&n??
Old 08-23-2002, 11:04 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: hmmmmm......

I have the ASP under drive pulley also and I love it. A noticable increase in power down low and also throttle response. I know the gain isn't as much as 5 speeds get, but I like it. It's a small increase in power so don't expect much. I shaved off 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile, which is barely noticable with the butt dyno. It's way more noticable than an intake. Do a search and you will find my review on my UDP.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:36 AM

The y-pipe does give great gains, but believe it or not I actually felt more from the CAI than I did from the y-pipe.

IMO a CAI is just as much a 'must' as is a y-pipe...

And as for arrival time, it just all really depends on what they have in stock and demand at the time. They will, however, do what they can to get you your product ASAP.

I got my CAI in about a week...

Got my Y-pipe and Cat in 2 days...

Took 3 months to get my SFC's

The 5spd has the UDP and it's got tremendously more low-end power than the auto. However, since I got the 5spd with the UDP already installed, I cant really vouch for how much the UDP itself accounts for the power difference, but I'm sure it's a good deal of it.

And whoever said the CAI drastically reduces gas mileage... I'll pretend you didnt say that...
Old 08-24-2002, 05:42 AM

Re: warp speed y pipe

Originally posted by mgictch2
hads god luck with wrpspeed took total 10 days to get.well worth thge wait got high flow cat also car definitely showed improvmnt in acceleration,u could feel and here the increased flow,now need to get air in faster,was gonna go wth wrpspeed cai but dont know if i want to do that or just get a k&n high flow drop in.the way i understand it is that the cai drastically reduces gas mileage any one with a k&n??
better breathing filter actually increases mpg. the only reason why they would decrease gas mileage is b/c you're on the pedal more.
Old 08-25-2002, 07:43 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

damn me too lol, I think Im gonna get the Y and udp before my new rims. Im also looking into getting a new engine.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by N34JZ
[B]

damn me too lol, I think Im gonna get the Y and udp before my new rims. Im also looking into getting a new engine. [B]
What's wrong with your engine? How many miles do you have?
Old 08-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

What's wrong with your engine? How many miles do you have?
almost 190k and nothing really wrong.I just have stuff that I want that this engine is a bit too old for. (if ya know what I mean) so mabey when I get around 5-6k saved Ill buy an engine and have someone add some cool stuff to it.
Old 08-25-2002, 12:33 PM

sounds like a plan.
Old 08-25-2002, 12:35 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

sounds like a plan.
yeah hopefully by X-mas time next year my car will be finished then I can just drive and enjoy and not have to think about mods.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by N34JZ

yeah hopefully by X-mas time next year my car will be finished then I can just drive and enjoy and not have to think about mods.
yeah right, once you start modding you just cant stop
Old 08-25-2002, 05:53 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by mykizism

yeah right, once you start modding you just cant stop
I know but in a year and a half Ill be done.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:58 PM

so next summer y-pipe greddy and intake or stillen kit, wing and paint?
Old 08-25-2002, 06:01 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by maximum3rdgen
so next summer y-pipe greddy and intake or stillen kit, wing and paint?

stillen kit, wing and paint around $3000-$4000 done right

y-pipe greddy and intake around $1000
Old 08-25-2002, 06:18 PM

paint job willonly cost me around 500 or so friend with local body shop so......
Old 08-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Just curious

Originally posted by eric93SE I plan to drop the oil pan so that I could get to the oil pump regulator assemply. I wanted to replace the oil pump cover but nissan wouldn't sell just the cover, and the whole pump is around $400 after the discount!!! argh! too much. The service manuel shows a lot of tolerances that should be checked on the oil pump, So I figure since the Y-pipe will be droped I could go ahead and get to the oil pan and oil pump. I hope its not that difficult to drop the large beam running across the engine and frame. poor oil press from the pump could be a source of power loss, and our vtc's and lifters won't operate properly.
To begin with, it's not hard to remove the cross member. You just have to support the eng/tran assembly. Second, why are you planning on removing your oil pump assy? You never answered if your oil pressure was low, is it low? Third, in order to get the pump out you have to remove the three eng front covers along with timing chains (and drop the pan) I've yet to check my oil pressure, but when I rebuild my VTC's, I had removed the heads to change the exh studs, drop the oil pan because it was leaking, and also removed my oil pump assy to shim the regulator valve, even though it was necessary to remove the pump to shim the valve. I strip the block down to pistons, crank, rods and everything else was removed, and all this was done in frame.

James, have you had a chance to install the SFC's if so did you ever post about it in any of these forums. I'm more interested about ground clearance with your Intrax and the SFC's.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:52 PM

cai

Originally posted by James12345
The y-pipe does give great gains, but believe it or not I actually felt more from the CAI than I did from the y-pipe.

IMO a CAI is just as much a 'must' as is a y-pipe...

And as for arrival time, it just all really depends on what they have in stock and demand at the time. They will, however, do what they can to get you your product ASAP.

I got my CAI in about a week...

Got my Y-pipe and Cat in 2 days...

Took 3 months to get my SFC's

The 5spd has the UDP and it's got tremendously more low-end power than the auto. However, since I got the 5spd with the UDP already installed, I cant really vouch for how much the UDP itself accounts for the power difference, but I'm sure it's a good deal of it.

And whoever said the CAI drastically reduces gas mileage... I'll pretend you didnt say that...
Old 08-26-2002, 10:06 AM

Re: Warp Speed Performance Y-pipe wait.

How long did it take you guys to receive your y-pipe? I ordered a while ago and linn always tells me to call the next day
I bought mine about a month ago and it took them about 2 weeks to come. Dallas told me he has a lot of orders but if you can get him on the phone,
and tell him you've been waiting for a while and you need it now then he will speed up on your order.

Good luck!!
Old 08-26-2002, 11:07 AM

Re: Just curious

Originally posted by CandiMan

To begin with, it's not hard to remove the cross member. You just have to support the eng/tran assembly. Second, why are you planning on removing your oil pump assy? You never answered if your oil pressure was low, is it low? Third, in order to get the pump out you have to remove the three eng front covers along with timing chains (and drop the pan) I've yet to check my oil pressure, but when I rebuild my VTC's, I had removed the heads to change the exh studs, drop the oil pan because it was leaking, and also removed my oil pump assy to shim the regulator valve, even though it was necessary to remove the pump to shim the valve. I strip the block down to pistons, crank, rods and everything else was removed, and all this was done in frame.

James, have you had a chance to install the SFC's if so did you ever post about it in any of these forums. I'm more interested about ground clearance with your Intrax and the SFC's.
\

Hey Candiman, how badly did you have to shim the oil regulator assembly? The cost for new springs, the regulator valve, cap, and washer is only $10

Will I have to remove the oil pump to get at the regualator assembly?
(I didnt think I'd have to)

And, no I dont have low oil press. (as far as I know) b/c I dont have a oil press guage. I do believe that our cars wont tell us if the press is low, it will only tell us when its too late. Having full oil press is a must, and the FSM shows that the pump wears down, and since the pump itself is really expensive, I decided to replace the regulator assembly.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:53 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Re: Re: Just curious

Originally posted by eric93SE Hey Candiman, how badly did you have to shim the oil regulator assembly? The cost for new springs, the regulator valve, cap, and washer is only $10
Will I have to remove the oil pump to get at the regualator assembly?
(I didnt think I'd have to)
And, no I dont have low oil press. (as far as I know) b/c I dont have a oil press guage. I do believe that our cars wont tell us if the press is low, it will only tell us when its too late. Having full oil press is a must, and the FSM shows that the pump wears down, and since the pump itself is really expensive, I decided to replace the regulator assembly.
I'll send you a pm/email so not to turn his y-pipe thread into something else.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:24 PM

WOOOOHOOOOOOO

Got my Y yesterday, so it took about 2 1/2 weeks. Well worth the wait, it looks really good. I got the Aluminum Mandrel bent (I forgot wether it was miged or tiged, doesnt matter to me ).

I looked it over and the flanges looked great. But I saw the O2 sensor port, and I said **** b/c I thought they got weld material on the threads, Then I stuck my finger in the hole and said **** once again, b/c it was anti-seaze compound , I was like dam-it and washed it off my finger.

All gaskets were included, but I wanted to know why they only supplied bolts for the cat and not the exhaust manifold?

I think I'm gonna get new bolts for the manifold connections.

I had one question, do you guys think its better to use an impact wrench when removing these exhaust bolts or are they easy enough to get off with wrench and/or with an extension. I'm more worried about breaking a bolt (tearing the head off). I'll be applying some anit-seaze compound on the threads of all the exhaust bolts.

O yeah and for all of you waiting for the UDP from UR, I'm gonna try and pick it up tomorrow. I've decided to do the UDP BEFORE I do the Y, b/c I dont want them to dyno my car again. I was very dissapointed with the people who did the first dyno run and I didnt want to have to go them more than I had to. Having an automatic and all, I rather look at 1/4 mile times rather than dyno runs. I post a new thread when It's installed (the UDP). When I have the proto type I'm also going to make sure UR's measurements are dead accurate, I'll be comparing the dimensions with the stock.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:09 PM

Re: WOOOOHOOOOOOO

Got my Y yesterday, so it took about 2 1/2 weeks. Well worth the wait, it looks really good. I got the Aluminum Mandrel bent (I forgot wether it was miged or tiged, doesnt matter to me ).

I looked it over and the flanges looked great. But I saw the O2 sensor port, and I said **** b/c I thought they got weld material on the threads, Then I stuck my finger in the hole and said **** once again, b/c it was anti-seaze compound , I was like dam-it and washed it off my finger.

All gaskets were included, but I wanted to know why they only supplied bolts for the cat and not the exhaust manifold?

I think I'm gonna get new bolts for the manifold connections.

I had one question, do you guys think its better to use an impact wrench when removing these exhaust bolts or are they easy enough to get off with wrench and/or with an extension. I'm more worried about breaking a bolt (tearing the head off). I'll be applying some anit-seaze compound on the threads of all the exhaust bolts.

O yeah and for all of you waiting for the UDP from UR, I'm gonna try and pick it up tomorrow. I've decided to do the UDP BEFORE I do the Y, b/c I dont want them to dyno my car again. I was very dissapointed with the people who did the first dyno run and I didnt want to have to go them more than I had to. Having an automatic and all, I rather look at 1/4 mile times rather than dyno runs. I post a new thread when It's installed (the UDP). When I have the proto type I'm also going to make sure UR's measurements are dead accurate, I'll be comparing the dimensions with the stock.
Whats up bro, its sweet that your expanding your mod list, with all the maintenance your doing it should run tip top, I just got my UDP and y pipes on the way......Hope it rips!
Old 08-29-2002, 09:11 PM

Re: Re: WOOOOHOOOOOOO

Originally posted by MAX420

Whats up bro, its sweet that your expanding your mod list, with all the maintenance your doing it should run tip top, I just got my UDP and y pipes on the way......Hope it rips!
Hey MAX420 I was looking at your profile.. what is a 93 GSE???
Old 08-30-2002, 08:41 AM

Adreis man your car is fast already, I'm trying to catch up

Yo, If I go to the next big meet I'll do some testing on your car, check a couple things.

O yeah, I picked up the proto-type UDP from UR this morning. So I'll install it tomorrow. I'll also post EXACTLY how much its underdriving. I forgot to ask what the weight of the new pulley is, but I'll post that as well.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:51 PM

Re: Re: Re: WOOOOHOOOOOOO

Originally posted by pezking4

Hey MAX420 I was looking at your profile.. what is a 93 GSE???

PEZ: LOL man, well I have both a 93' GXE, and SE...and there was enough space to add only one trim, so I came up with the genius idea of GXE+SE = GSE ? lol i guess it'll work huh?

Eric: Bro....your cars gonna be sweet, but I wanna see your damn stereo fixed up! Oh yea and I think I have to do some more maintenance on it, like cleaning all those thousands of parts you clean to get better throttle response and what not, Oh and are you interest in putting on my UDP for some $$ ? let me know. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:06 PM

UDP install, I think that can be arranged . I wont charge ya, we'll clean out your IACV as well

Get all the new belts and pick up a new front crank oil seal (even if there is a new one on already), the oil seal is only like $5.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:42 PM

UDP install, I think that can be arranged . I wont charge ya, we'll clean out your IACV as well

Get all the new belts and pick up a new front crank oil seal (even if there is a new one on already), the oil seal is only like $5.

Ok bro, Sweet thanks a lot. I will pick up the belts and the oil seal, let me know when you can do it. Later