3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

can anyone help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 11:29 AM

can anyone help

just need to get a bit more exposure..

for anyone who has a spare 92-94 SE VE30DE parts vechile/motor.im looking for the 6" long wire harness that connects the KNOCK SENSOR to the main wire harness.. if anyone has one please let me know i need one bad..
"i talked to nissna and they said that they dont just sell this little harnes id either have to repair mine (not going to happen its chewed up beyond repair)... or id have to get a WHOLE NEW WIRE HARNESS!!!!!!!!! :maddefinetly not going to happen either)

thanks
Old 09-06-2002, 11:30 AM
I'm needing a caw

What's up man. Did you ever get the engine up and running okay?
Old 09-06-2002, 11:34 AM

Just stating the obvious...how about getting one from the bone yard.

Old 09-06-2002, 12:00 PM

hey Jeff92se well i was waiting on the knock sensor to get it up and running so i got that today thinking that this harness would come with it but ???? guess not.. im hoping this is all that is wrong with it should be cause i have all the symptoms from what ive read on here..

G3Max already on the things to do,will be going there tommorrow

Old 09-06-2002, 01:30 PM
STFU n00b!

Warning.. most yards don't let you chop stuff like that off.. they'll try to make you buy the whole engine harness.

(and the dealer SHOULD sell just that connector/section of the harness) try calling courtesy or something.. Even if they do sell it separately, most dealers won't have oddball stuff like that in stock anyway.
Old 09-06-2002, 03:03 PM

Worst case, you could buy your own male/female connectors, cut a few wires and solder them on. Or do away with the connector entirely and just solder the connections. In 100,000 miles when you replace the knock sensor again, just repeat the process. Naturally, a good high temperature solder is recommended.

--SAM
Old 09-06-2002, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by Matt93SE
Warning.. most yards don't let you chop stuff like that off.. they'll try to make you buy the whole engine harness.

(and the dealer SHOULD sell just that connector/section of the harness) try calling courtesy or something.. Even if they do sell it separately, most dealers won't have oddball stuff like that in stock anyway.
well i dont have to cut or chop anything it unplugs at both ends i just hope that they have one,the only yard that has anything good for selection doesnt allow you to go thru the yard.im afraid they wont know what im talking about and my chances will be shot.............

i talked to 2 different dealers today and they both said the same thing they dont sell it seperately.. the guy told me NISSAN is famous for doing crap like this......

SecretAsianMan: if i cant find the harness that will be next route for sure.......... by the way of course solder heheh no twist and electrical tape for me... hehee
Old 09-06-2002, 03:16 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by VE30DEPOWER
by the way of course solder heheh no twist and electrical tape for me... hehee
twisting and taping is worth an extra 25hp though!!