3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

extra parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002 | 12:02 PM

extra parts

recently coming from the salvage yard....i was told a 93 maxima with everything in tact is going to be arriving this coming monday....this is the opportunity for me to stock up on some parts and i other than the MAF sensor and the ignition coils (if they're not cracked), what other parts do you guys suggest i get off the car....Also, if anyone is looking for any specific part, let me know and i'll try to hold it for ya as well as see what they want to charge......One thing i forgot to do was ask the guy what kind of engine was in the car, but i specifically remember him sayin the car was beeeeeaaaauuuuutttiiiful except it had a really bad tick....he's assumin its bad lifters....i said it sounded like VTCs...he didn't know what that was..lol....but i'm assumin its an SE...but like i was sayin, other than what i listed, what other parts should i get to keep on hand????
Old 09-07-2002 | 01:01 PM

Re: extra parts

if se, fog lights, rear spoiler, driver side mirror and plastic covers covering engine from below. got dibs on all those. Let me know if u can.

lophix

Originally posted by maxdout92se
recently coming from the salvage yard....i was told a 93 maxima with everything in tact is going to be arriving this coming monday....this is the opportunity for me to stock up on some parts and i other than the MAF sensor and the ignition coils (if they're not cracked), what other parts do you guys suggest i get off the car....Also, if anyone is looking for any specific part, let me know and i'll try to hold it for ya as well as see what they want to charge......One thing i forgot to do was ask the guy what kind of engine was in the car, but i specifically remember him sayin the car was beeeeeaaaauuuuutttiiiful except it had a really bad tick....he's assumin its bad lifters....i said it sounded like VTCs...he didn't know what that was..lol....but i'm assumin its an SE...but like i was sayin, other than what i listed, what other parts should i get to keep on hand????
Old 09-07-2002 | 01:17 PM

if its a 5 speed, can ya check out the plate that anchors the support rod for the shifter
thanks
Old 09-07-2002 | 01:43 PM

the grill if you can get it for cheap....
Old 09-07-2002 | 02:19 PM

If you'd be willing...

The little cupholder/tray thing under the radio along with the brackets that hold it to the radio and in the dash.
Old 09-07-2002 | 02:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

where is the yard? I need a few small parts and if it's near downtown, I could go pick stuff up there. Otherwise, I was gonna go to R&R (off Buford Hwy, about 10 minutes N of 285). They have a decent sized lot and a couple maximas last time I was there.
Old 09-07-2002 | 03:13 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Re: extra parts

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

where is the yard? I need a few small parts and if it's near downtown, I could go pick stuff up there. Otherwise, I was gonna go to R&R (off Buford Hwy, about 10 minutes N of 285). They have a decent sized lot and a couple maximas last time I was there.
ummm craig...IM me if you really do go...there's a few things i need
Old 09-07-2002 | 04:01 PM

Man I wish I could find some yards here in Dallas with some decent 3rd gen Max's. It's somewhat rare that I ever see a 3rd gen at a junkyard, and even rarer that it's got anything left on it.

There's a place here called Honda Heaven. It's a strictly Honda junkyard with NICE parts cars. Hundreds of em. It's so nice and that I wouldnt even call it a junkyard. lol

I wish we had something like that. There's a Nissan Heaven (or somethin like that), but it's small and doesnt really have any Maxima's.
Old 09-07-2002 | 06:17 PM

parts for me

I am very interested in the shift **** if a 5-spd and possibly the alternator but only if it's a lot cheaper than getting a rebuilt one.
Old 09-07-2002 | 06:29 PM

this is crazy... On the door, on the latch side, there is a black plug near the top. I need one of those... Its gone, and I don't have a clue why.
Old 09-07-2002 | 06:55 PM

Re: Re: extra parts

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

Craig,
I could go with you I need some dust or engine covers for underneath the car and on the passenger side wheelwell. By the way Jay25(Jaime) got the Tokicos on my car but just the fronts. The rears I took to my mechanic and he did them in like about oh 3 hours. I watched the whole process they are pretty tuff like you said they were going to be.

Kenny
Old 09-07-2002 | 07:00 PM

Can you ask how much they want for front right-side turn signal (the one in the bumper)?
Old 09-08-2002 | 05:58 PM

let me clarify some things......

craig b (da man)...unfortunately i had to move from tha ATL area and now i reside in columbus, GA for the time being, so you coming to tha yard might be a lil out of the qeustion, unless you wnt to make tha 1 1/2 hour trip. i'd be willin to meet you here and take you to the yard, but thats a bit much i guess. but let me know what you looking for playa and i'll try to get it, i come to ATL almost every other weekend, so meetin you there whould be no problem.

lophix....i'ma see if that stuff is on the car (mainly the fog lights and mirror, i need the passenger mirror myself, although i don't know how to get them off just yet)!!!

for everyone else, some of the parts you guys are askin for, i just don't have the funds to purchase all at one time....now i can ask the guy to keep some of the stuff on hold for me and see what he'll say. some of the small stuff i can get though....shift ****, that lil black plug, right bumper turn signal, cup holder and brackets, grill (if you got a gxe wit the chrome grill, i'll be willin to just trade that out. might be a lil bigger task than i expected, but i'll check on the spoiler, alternator, and as far as for things that would require some time acquiring (shift plate, etc)....consider that a no becasue its west nile-ville out there and bug spray doesn't help at all. But i will come back wit prices for you guys this week!!! no one told me of parts i needed to stock up for myself.....just like you guys to think about yaselves and not me...j/k!!
Old 09-08-2002 | 06:05 PM

let me clarify some things......

craig b (da man)...unfortunately i had to move from tha ATL area and now i reside in columbus, GA for the time being, so you coming to tha yard might be a lil out of the qeustion, unless you wnt to make tha 1 1/2 hour trip. i'd be willin to meet you here and take you to the yard, but thats a bit much i guess. but let me know what you looking for playa and i'll try to get it, i come to ATL almost every other weekend, so meetin you there whould be no problem.
oh, I didn't realize you moved
yeah, Columbus is a bit out of the way. I'm gonna hit that junk yard in Norcorss/Doraville and see if I can find what I need; if not, I'll let you know

thanks
Old 09-08-2002 | 11:08 PM

totally

I understand all that man, don't worry about the alternator for me that'll probably be kinda spendy for you. But if it's a 5-spd and the shift **** is in good shape, I'll pay you whatever you pay + shipping...thanks!
Old 09-08-2002 | 11:31 PM

i need a bose HU from a 93 that works good. if it has beige leather in good condition let me know. i know someone asked for fogs, but if he doesnt want them, i would be interested. let me know if you can get this and how much so that i can send you money. thanks.

Laly
Old 09-10-2002 | 03:13 PM

ok peeps....after two days of anticipatin to see the car (so i can let you know if its an SE or GXE), it will hopefully be here tomorrow which is wednesday...something about the guy has to clear his lot out for the upcoming auction and they'll pick the car up tomorrow for sure...fingers are crossed.....i'll have an update tomorrow!!

quick question......is obtainin a ABS pump hard to get out tha car???

todamax......i'm confused on the lil black plug you're talkin about...are you talkin about the plug on the handle that has the screw on the inside and plug just basically covers that hole up??? if so, i know what you're talkin bout, but if not...clarify it a lil for me a lil bit more!!

i'll check on the bose HU too......i just hope tha car is a SE and not a GXE, the guy didn't seem to know tha difference!!
Old 09-10-2002 | 03:18 PM

got my parts

I just got the shift **** and alternator I needed you to check on, so don't get those for me anymore...good luck with everything else though!
Old 09-10-2002 | 03:58 PM

Hey there...was waiting to hear from you. I think I'll settle for the plastic covers under car(the ones that go under engine itself and starter) and foglights IF the foglights are in good condition (clear and not rusted and grose like mine now).

holla.

sola
Old 09-10-2002 | 04:37 PM

Could you please check on the left sensor ABS connecting wire?
It is a thick wire which goes from the connector (near left strut mount) to the ABS Sensor (on the innerside of the wheel).
It is really thick.. I mean thicker than other one - Caliper wire...

I guess you will get this only if the Car has ABS..

In my 93 Max SE is cut.. In my car the color of the wire was green. So ABS light is on all the time
Thanks
Old 09-11-2002 | 08:05 PM

I need them fog lights too for my 89 SE...lophix can we cut a deal or something
Old 09-11-2002 | 08:36 PM

Originally posted by drstillpatient
I need them fog lights too for my 89 SE...lophix can we cut a deal or something
ok trade you the under panel covers of your car for the fogs. deal?
Old 09-11-2002 | 08:47 PM

if its SE and a 5 speed; how much does he want for the tranny and all relative parts (clutch etc)?

Old 09-11-2002 | 11:04 PM

hi, i was wondering if the car happens to be an se, if maybe you could get a hold of the center tailpiece (dark tinted) for me if its in decent condition. i can't find any junked maxes around where i live with them intact. oh, and if anyone called dibs on this and i didnt see it, my fault! please let me know

scott
Old 09-12-2002 | 09:50 AM

umm....

..maxdout92.....where are you.....?? cash is being burned.

lophix
Old 09-21-2002 | 07:23 AM

update

sorry i'm just gettin back with you guys, but they didn't get tha car until the middle of this week on tha day i didn't go to see if it was there.......anyways, let me vent my anger.....its a 93 red SE 5 speed, yes i said 5 speed....when i pulled up on the max, i said to myself, "self, i know damn well this is not the car they are parting out!!" someone had already took the driverside sidefinder and the drivers seat.....other than that, the car was intact.....THIS CAR WAS BEAUTIFUL...had a very nice paint job, 150k on the odometer, magnificient black interior, and the engine appearance looked decenttly clean (nothin i couldn't clean up wit some green stuff)....anyhow, i went inside and started asking questions...the first one being, "how much did they want for tha car with everything on it b4 it got some parts takin off?" I was ready to go postal when the told me it was sale for $800 FULLY INTACT WITH EVERYTHING ON IT!!!
i damn near went postal when they told me that. The only problem wit tha car was it had a real real bad tick...didn't sound like VTCs or maybe it was wit a combo of bad lifters and it putted a lil smoke when he cranked it up. I finally came across a 5 speed (no sunroof though) in good condition and its gettin parted out. anyhow i got one of the ignition coils ($40) and the center console ($10).

optimus...the center max piece on the trunk ($40 if i remeber correctly)

maximan...unless you willin to come to GA to get it i don't knwo how you'll recieve it playa, but i'll ask

no fog lights..they were takin off already i guess

left sensor abs wire...will check on it

lophix...i'll check on the plastic under coverings (which ones do you need)

has bose HU (93)...will check to see it works

turn signal...will check on
Old 09-21-2002 | 09:10 AM

like i asked earlier grill?
Old 09-21-2002 | 09:24 AM

Re: update

dang! red speed ve??? crap. wish i could get that. the splash covers that go under the engine bay that protect the starter on both the driver side and passenger side.
Old 09-21-2002 | 10:25 PM

Re: update

maybe it has a really bad valve tap.... a lil tranny fluid in the engine will fix that right up
Old 09-22-2002 | 09:28 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

maxdout92se - Were you thinking of getting the whole car? If so, let me know and maybe (just MAYBE) I can help ya out...
Old 09-22-2002 | 03:59 PM

maxdout92se,

thanks for looking for us. let me know if the HU works as soon as you can and how much. hopefully it wont be too expensive so that i can afford and give you a little hook up too man. once again thanks.

laly
Old 09-22-2002 | 07:55 PM

I'd be interested in shift **** unless someone else has dibs on it, also the flip tray under the headunit (if the 93 bose is double din it won't have this but I'm not sure) right front/right rear/left rear window regulators if you can pull them and they work. black interior if it's leather would be good if you can ship/buy it for a good price, email me andrew@xoxide.com with prices and all, thanks

and the VE30DE j/k

if you could get the engine working it would be a steal for 800 though, dayum
Old 09-23-2002 | 11:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

HUB ASSEMBLY

hey how much could you get the passenger side hub assembly? i need one pretty bad and there are no junkyards around these neck of the woods! Lee County, VA (armpit of the world) thanx!
Old 09-23-2002 | 12:50 PM

And WHY arent you buying this car for $800!?

Even if you had to buy a complete new engine, or fully rebuild/new vtc it, you'd still come out in great shape.

$800 isnt alot, you could scrounge that up between your friends. Go for it.
Old 09-23-2002 | 07:57 PM

james....i can't put into words how broke i am and how much i'm tryin to convince peeps/family i know to lend me tha money....i even got desperate enough to say just buy tha car and you can drive my auto VE until i pay you back....even if i still have $2000+ to pay on my auto..lol...but no one wants to help a brother out..it really has me ****ed, but oh well....on another note...everyone, i'll be callin or even go by the salvage yard tomorrow and get the prices...sowwie i didn't get them today,, got off work kinda late and was tired, but will do it tomorrw...

NUBIAN nupe....yea i was definately considering gettin the whole car...although i know it has no drivers seat or the driver side fender, but i can deal with that for a lil bit...i still owe about 2g's on my auto right now, but i'd swap over everyting i could and sell my car for $2500+...i know i can get that easily....but let me know what you have in mind....hopefully the car is still pretty much in tact.

SABOTOSH....the shift know when i looked at it was in decent condition....kinda had the lil action that happens with the stearing wheel when the leather starts to not feel like leather anymore and loses its leatherness (so to say..lol)...but overall, its in good condition.

explain to me what the passenger side hub unit is cause i have the slightest idea to what it is!!!

FYI....IF ANYTHING COMES UP AND I'M ABLE TO BUY THE CAR...LOL...YOU GUYS MIGHT BE S.O.L!!!!
Old 09-23-2002 | 08:07 PM

haha I know what you mean on the wheel, my **** is all torn up to the point where you can't even tell there were numbers on it so anything better than that would be a start, is the 93 headunit a double din or does it have the DIN pocket under? thanks for checking stuff out man
Old 09-23-2002 | 08:26 PM

Grrrrrrrrilllllllll???
Old 09-24-2002 | 08:09 PM

got off work late today again...normally i get off early but its been pretty busy...anyhow, i was able to go by tha salvage yard b4 they closed....unfortunately the woman who gives the prices (i assume she owns tha place) left b4 i got there so i couldn't get a price on everythin, but i got it on some...i'll go back by tomorrow though..

the HU is $65 and its single din size....will check it out tomorrow to see if its workin correctly

outside mirrors...$30 a piece...i got dibs on tha passenger side

tail lights/center peice....$50 each

i was able to talk them down to $650 for tha car, i'm gonna ask to test drive it tomorrow and see how it rides....asked how was tha tranny on it and was told its in good condition, but i'll see tomorrow, and i'll try to get the other prices for the other things too fellas!!!!

oh yea...MAXIMUM3RDGEN....lol, i got ya playa, i haven't forgot about ya, just be a lil patient wit a brotha!!
Old 09-25-2002 | 12:18 PM

oh yea...MAXIMUM3RDGEN....lol, i got ya playa, i haven't forgot about ya, just be a lil patient wit a brotha!!
lol ok thx maxdout
Old 01-10-2003 | 07:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

FR ABS wheel sensor

Looks like you may have already gone to the j'yard to look at this so can you pass along the tel number of this place. I need to get a front right ABS sensor for my 93 Max SE.... Thanks

Quick Reply: extra parts