3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Yo

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 06:56 PM

Yo

Thought I would write something so i can get a message like "finally posted something" next to my name instead of that dang newbie label. Also wanted to blow off steam - a kid (sr. high school) ran at my car and body slammed it leaving a healthy dent in the front above the right headlight. Im annoyed = any idea on price (its about half an inch deep with a diameter of 4 inches.) for this dent on my awesome (although vg) '93 max?
Old 09-08-2002, 07:31 PM

Re: Yo

Originally posted by KaneTHS
...Im annoyed = any idea on price (its about half an inch deep with a diameter of 4 inches.) for this dent on my awesome (although vg) '93 max?
I've found that human body dents, those under 30 MPH, can often be popped out fairly easily if you can access the backside of the panel.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:05 PM
rustangkilla

You can get dent popping tools at any auto parts store. Look into it, then place a matching dent in said offenders skull

Old 09-08-2002, 11:19 PM

I think newbie is a step up from "i finally posted something", although that's alot better than the old "lurker" label. When I first saw that I was labeled a lurker, I thought I had done something wrong
Old 09-09-2002, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by rustangkilla
You can get dent popping tools at any auto parts store. Look into it, then place a matching dent in said offenders skull
Exactly! But seriously, do you know the guy that did it? Get a quote from a body shop and make him pay for the damage. If you don't know the guy or he refuses to pay, then take rustangkilla's advice.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:24 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Yo

Originally posted by SecretAsianMan

....human body dents, those under 30 MPH...
As opposed to if the human body were, like, flying into the car at mach 3??
Old 09-09-2002, 09:51 PM

I've used a toilet plunger to remove dents. My dad's superduty had a large dent in the door from a large log rolling down a steep hill, it smacked the door good!... anyways, I got a toilet plunger, and on the first try, it popped right out!!!... Give it a try, its cheap.

Tony