3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

No Power At Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 12:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

No Power At Ignition

Hi guys. Im new to the board. My mother in law owns the maxima i'm a die hard ford guy. She took her car to one of the local shops to have the timing belt replaced. the guy took the heads off and did a valve job and now he cant make her car start with the key. He can start it under the hood with a remote starter. It will bring on the dash lights and the wipers but the engine wont turn over. I have no clue where to start. it doesnt click like a weak battery on a bad connection and hes got it hooked to a battery charger. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-19-2002, 12:50 PM

hmmm...

Maybe the little gremlins that go start the engine for you when you turn the key ran away when they smelled the Ford blood in you...? Or maybe...start with checking the fuses and relays, that's pretty easy and there's a good chance one is dead.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by 1993MaxSE
Maybe the little gremlins that go start the engine for you when you turn the key ran away when they smelled the Ford blood in you...? Or maybe...start with checking the fuses and relays, that's pretty easy and there's a good chance one is dead.
The mechanic is asking for the seven digit code that makes her power locks work. I dont keep up with Nissan too much but I remember reading somewhere that the security system has a code so if the radio is stolen it wont work unless you have the code. Is this the same code? Does this code also apply to the ignition system? The owners manual calls out a seven digit code to make the keyless entry work. Is this what is being spoken of? thanks guys Don
Old 09-19-2002, 01:03 PM

Re: Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by donsboy

The mechanic is asking for the seven digit code that makes her power locks work. I dont keep up with Nissan too much but I remember reading somewhere that the security system has a code so if the radio is stolen it wont work unless you have the code. Is this the same code? Does this code also apply to the ignition system? The owners manual calls out a seven digit code to make the keyless entry work. Is this what is being spoken of? thanks guys Don
Using an amazing new technological advancement called searching, I was able to magically produce this amazing result...

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending

These posts will help you a lot with that subject
Old 09-19-2002, 01:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by 1993MaxSE

Using an amazing new technological advancement called searching, I was able to magically produce this amazing result...

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending

These posts will help you a lot with that subject
I did the search long before i asked the questions. I still dont find the answers im looking for. Does the keyless entry code have anything to do with the ignition system? thanks Don