3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Pimpin Out The Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2000, 06:39 AM

So tell me everybody, what do YOU guys think is the best way to pimp out a Max? I mean, NOT INCLUDING engine MODS and all that. I mean consider the more mild things: Sound system, Neon, tint, scanners, keyless entry, remote starter, ground FX, spoilers, things like that. The craziest thing I've ever done to my max was last summer. I bought a 300 watt power inverter, and hooked it up in my car, and wrapped a 1500 bulb strand of blue christmas lights in my car, all over the windwos and everything. It was the ****...... maybe not that cool, and maybe a little psycho, but it got some ladies attention!!! So tell me what you kids think is the BEST way to visually pimp out a Max.
Old 12-20-2000, 06:56 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*gasp*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

dude, you're hillarious man. look at the post i put up a while ago "Ghetto rides suck" LOL
Old 12-20-2000, 08:19 AM

That's all in your opinon. I didn't post this to fight with people who have nothing else to do but fight, I posted it cuz I wanna know what some people think would be cool to visually be different iwth your max. So **** off if you're gonna be an ***.
Old 12-20-2000, 09:36 AM

hmm.. i put blue lights in my door things, and blue where the reading lamps are, makes a nice glow when driving at nihgt, but thats about as far as ill go.
Old 12-20-2000, 09:45 AM

for looks on my car I got clear corners and hyper white headlamps. factory SE fogs always look nice. I also have blue bulbs in the doors. Im planning on getting 5% mirror tint or black tint in 2001. I say as long as you dont go overboard its cool.

yea im sick of jerks on this board too, If you dont have anything nice to post dont post at all.
Old 12-20-2000, 12:27 PM
living out of a maxima...

I've got a burgendy (sp?) 92 SE with black leather interior, so I like the looks of red bulbs all the way around. I also got the sony head unit that is a giant display screen and then folds down to reveal buttons. Looks cool at night, but black when closed. I just dig the little black thing going on.
Old 12-20-2000, 01:03 PM

ghetto pimp

if i were goin for the ultra pimp look, there is alot that can be done and has been done to 3rd gens to look pimp. first id probably get rid of the stock paint and get some candy paint or flaked or somethin. put on a ground effect kit. then get some nice 19" gold daytons. for the laddies, put in a nice crushed velvet interior; gotta get the coffin pleats. get a gold link chain steering wheel. gotta have a phat system to be pimpin, so through some 15's in the trunk. get the windows a dark tint. then gold plate and chrome plate everything and anything. add some hydros for some fun. thats about it.
Old 12-20-2000, 01:42 PM

Re: ghetto pimp

yea man cool stuff!
Old 12-20-2000, 03:27 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

hmmmmmmm

I have Rims, mud guards, window rainguards, sunroof deflector, babyblue interior lights in doors.. I'm in the process of putting 20% all around and maybe 5-15% on rear glass tint.

I think it depends on the color of the car, its good to hook up dark colored cars, like black or dark blue or charcoal or something. but silver and white are nice too.

For looks on 3rd gen:

-lower the car with springs/struts.
-17" rims
-tint
-front lip or whole body kit.
-clear corners

thats about it from the major stuff, other sh*t is lighting etc... I am not much into performance since I don't go to the track and can't fully see the potential of the car in NYC traffic, so I rather make it look good and handle better...

Old 12-20-2000, 06:44 PM

Re: hmmmmmmm

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
I have Rims, mud guards, window rainguards, sunroof deflector, babyblue interior lights in doors.. I'm in the process of putting 20% all around and maybe 5-15% on rear glass tint.

I think it depends on the color of the car, its good to hook up dark colored cars, like black or dark blue or charcoal or something. but silver and white are nice too.

For looks on 3rd gen:

-17" rims
-tint
-clear corners

thats about it from the major stuff, other sh*t is lighting etc... I am not much into performance since I don't go to the track and can't fully see the potential of the car in NYC traffic, so I rather make it look good and handle better...

yo! wher'd ya get your window rain guards? how much, I'm looking for a set. I just bought a sunroof guard for $25.00 shipped, and now I want the other ones!
Old 12-21-2000, 06:06 PM

hook it up and dont be cheap

get a 2 tone interior like candimans ride get some neon under the dash
Old 12-21-2000, 06:53 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: hmmmmmmm

Originally posted by ngthing
Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

For looks on 3rd gen:

-17" rims
-tint
-clear corners

yo! wher'd ya get your window rain guards? how much, I'm looking for a set. I just bought a sunroof guard for $25.00 shipped, and now I want the other ones!

I got mine at Strauss auto 50$ for the set of 4. The sunroof deflector was like 30$ . There are spots online where they sell this crap. just order it.
Old 12-21-2000, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Dabman90GXE
hmm.. i put blue lights in my door things, and blue where the reading lamps are, makes a nice glow when driving at nihgt, but thats about as far as ill go.
Do you think you could give me a break down of the bulb numbers ie 1157, 194, et cetera, that you replaced. That would be great. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2000, 11:46 PM

for sure don't ghetto ride it!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's not pimping out a maxima, that's ruining it!
Old 12-22-2000, 12:04 AM

Well on my max I have some crazy strobe light action in my clear corners, headlights, and rear turn signals. But I only use them at car shows. But as for "pimpin out" a max... I would have to agree with what thebull said. lol

Originally posted by HockeyPimpRHS
So tell me everybody, what do YOU guys think is the best way to pimp out a Max? I mean, NOT INCLUDING engine MODS and all that. I mean consider the more mild things: Sound system, Neon, tint, scanners, keyless entry, remote starter, ground FX, spoilers, things like that. The craziest thing I've ever done to my max was last summer. I bought a 300 watt power inverter, and hooked it up in my car, and wrapped a 1500 bulb strand of blue christmas lights in my car, all over the windwos and everything. It was the ****...... maybe not that cool, and maybe a little psycho, but it got some ladies attention!!! So tell me what you kids think is the BEST way to visually pimp out a Max.
Old 12-22-2000, 09:27 AM

say foo, em ghetto rides be tite ina mo fo.....I gotz me da neon, some daytons....dey 10's, buy dey clean clean....I mean, sit, it fo sho be tite, like em cedlees benz....but it go doh...
Old 12-22-2000, 10:43 AM
Foo90SE

Somebody call me?

Originally posted by maximum810
say foo, em ghetto rides be tite ina mo fo.....I gotz me da neon, some daytons....dey 10's, buy dey clean clean....I mean, sit, it fo sho be tite, like em cedlees benz....but it go doh...

Old 12-22-2000, 01:55 PM

tru dat mah brutha...
Old 12-22-2000, 03:05 PM

hahahahahah.... I painted my interior trim Silver. The vents climate control, radio and ash tray still black. Gives it a good contrast between the two. The door trim on all four doors (the black piece around the window switch and door handle) are also Silver. Nissan Seat Belt pads in the back seats. I have Xenon Bulbs in and out. I had blue bulbs in the door lights, but they were too dark and didnt project enough light so i replaced them with Xenon bulbs. Also, I have the clear corneres with Xenons in both spots to match the headlights. What I will do is tint the windows and I would like to change my grille and tail lights to a 94 SE style. I think that having the car completely black with all clear lenses looks great. Kinda makes it look stealthy. Definitely would like it to look "Different" but not Stupid. <-- my .02
Old 12-22-2000, 05:17 PM

Re: ghetto pimp

Dude are you seriuos! I hope not because that would be ludacris. Go get a Regal or a Cutlass or a Impala if you want a lowrider. Please don't do that to a Maxima or Any import (unless it's a Truck)car. When are people gonna realize wires look so stoopid on imports! Pimpin' it my ***
more like Gimpin' it!

Originally posted by thebull
if i were goin for the ultra pimp look, there is alot that can be done and has been done to 3rd gens to look pimp. first id probably get rid of the stock paint and get some candy paint or flaked or somethin. put on a ground effect kit. then get some nice 19" gold daytons. for the laddies, put in a nice crushed velvet interior; gotta get the coffin pleats. get a gold link chain steering wheel. gotta have a phat system to be pimpin, so through some 15's in the trunk. get the windows a dark tint. then gold plate and chrome plate everything and anything. add some hydros for some fun. thats about it.
Old 12-22-2000, 06:18 PM
wiredmax

I have 17' chrome D's with 235/40/17 toyo proxes....15% limo tinted windows...some 12's in a bandpass box,with a 500watt MTX amp,pioneer head unit,6 1/2 eclipse mids...just to start out with.as long as you don't over due the ride it can look tight *** hell!! went from a juiced 76 Monte Carlo ranfla to a wired euro!!!! WEST COAST THANG BABY!!!