3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Psyched!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002 | 03:27 PM

Psyched!!!

I have just orderd a in dash 7" Monitor with DVD player! TFT Active Matrix Display and everything. I cant wait! Ill get some pictures posted for you guys to check it out. Heres the fun part. Im keeping my current Panasonic 700u Headunit, it has a aux input for just this reason. The max has a "double din" as you know. The quotation marks because its not a full double din as I found out. Its about one and three quarter size. I then modified my dash kit and installed the headunit underneath the original space. Then, I had to file back the plastic so the dash would click back in. It sits perfectly above the ash tray and cigerette lighter. I also had to file away at the sides a litte bit. Alot of work, but well worth it! So I have an empty space waiting for an in dash monitor!! It should be installed sometime this week. Im waiting oh so impatiently!

peace

PS- I also just installed my euro reverse indiglo gauges.
Old 10-06-2002 | 03:59 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

That's curious... I've got almost the same thing (follow the link in my sig for some crappy pics)
Old 10-06-2002 | 06:23 PM

Originally posted by nubiannupe
That's curious... I've got almost the same thing (follow the link in my sig for some crappy pics)
Yea man, I cant see anything on those pics. Anyway, Im curious, how did you wire those? Where did you run the power and ground for each one? Also, does anybody else out there have any pics of this done?
Old 10-06-2002 | 07:21 PM

Do i have any heads up on the wiring for this? Is there anything certain I need to look out for?
Old 10-07-2002 | 02:40 PM

Re: Psyched!!!

Originally posted by 93maxVG
I have just orderd a in dash 7" Monitor with DVD player! TFT Active Matrix Display and everything. I cant wait! Ill get some pictures posted for you guys to check it out. Heres the fun part. Im keeping my current Panasonic 700u Headunit, it has a aux input for just this reason. The max has a "double din" as you know. The quotation marks because its not a full double din as I found out. Its about one and three quarter size. I then modified my dash kit and installed the headunit underneath the original space. Then, I had to file back the plastic so the dash would click back in. It sits perfectly above the ash tray and cigerette lighter. I also had to file away at the sides a litte bit. Alot of work, but well worth it! So I have an empty space waiting for an in dash monitor!! It should be installed sometime this week. Im waiting oh so impatiently!

peace

PS- I also just installed my euro reverse indiglo gauges.
Are we gonna hook up after Thanksgiving when you're in town?? I want to see it...
Old 10-07-2002 | 10:58 PM

Re: Re: Psyched!!!

Originally posted by nismo1989

Are we gonna hook up after Thanksgiving when you're in town?? I want to see it...
Heck Yes, PM me your phone number, We'll get in touch, is your Max going to be fixed?
Old 10-08-2002 | 06:18 AM

Re: Re: Re: Psyched!!!

Heck Yes, PM me your phone number, We'll get in touch, is your Max going to be fixed?
I PM'd you my number(s). Do you drink beer?? Maybe we could get some brew and kick it... give me a call sometime before Thanksgiving. I'll be in Chicago for the holiday but I'm coming back the day after so that weekend would be great.
Old 10-08-2002 | 09:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Psyched!!!

Originally posted by nismo1989

Do you drink beer??

Uh.....yea
Old 10-08-2002 | 10:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Psyched!!!

Uh.....yea
Saturday, then! You and your wife can come and kick it with me and my girl or something...