3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Seat belts and power locks out hmm???? help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 03:05 PM
smoothmaxima

Seat belts and power locks out hmm???? help?

My amp went out then I try to go and fix the durn thing and I couldn't get it right. But I really didn't play with to many things and left everything like it was and put it back the same now my seat belts and power windows will not work wsup with that????
I need help soon because my window is down and it's suppose to rain tomorrow

Old 11-04-2002, 03:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i would check the fuses in the fuse box. that wouild be the first thing i would do.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:52 AM
smoothmaxima

Originally posted by mtcookson
i would check the fuses in the fuse box. that wouild be the first thing i would do.
I tried to replace the fuse..the bottom left one and it's still not working what can be the cause now. I know something is wrong with my amp connection also this guy said I didn't have any remote and that's why it's not working. You think playing with that could've caused it???

Old 11-06-2002, 07:21 AM

Originally posted by smoothmaxima
I tried to replace the fuse..the bottom left one and it's still not working what can be the cause now. I know something is wrong with my amp connection also this guy said I didn't have any remote and that's why it's not working. You think playing with that could've caused it???
The remote wire is what tells the amp to turn on and off with either the radio or the ignition. Amp won't work unless 12 volt goes to that one, usually blue. You can run any 12v switched lead to it. Or even a manual switch on a constant hot 12v lead. As fo ryour probs, sounds like you blew some fuses or fusible links...not sure if there are any on the seatbelts/windows. It's next to impossible to diagnose these kinds of pobs over the net. Know how to use a test light or multimeter?
Old 11-06-2002, 03:09 PM
smoothmaxima

Originally posted by male

The remote wire is what tells the amp to turn on and off with either the radio or the ignition. Amp won't work unless 12 volt goes to that one, usually blue. You can run any 12v switched lead to it. Or even a manual switch on a constant hot 12v lead. As fo ryour probs, sounds like you blew some fuses or fusible links...not sure if there are any on the seatbelts/windows. It's next to impossible to diagnose these kinds of pobs over the net. Know how to use a test light or multimeter?
OKay i fixed the amp problem today it was just some little wire confusion in the trunk but I wish I knew what sparked my windows and seat belts not to work. Anybody has had this happened let me know what was your problem....It's aggrevating