3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Do I really need a camber kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 02:43 PM
dancer

Do I really need a camber kit?

I just called Shox.com, credit card at the ready, for some B&G springs. They tell me I need a camber kit with the springs, $26 for the front pair and $98!!! for the rear pair. I did a search and the general opinion is that I'd be okay if I regularly rotate the tires but after talking to the shoxs.com guy I'm not sure. I'd like to hear from a few orgers that have some experience with this.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:18 PM

Hey i got the Eibach front camber bolts, they are just bolts that adjust +-1.75 degrees (i think). They seem to be ok for me but i dont think you HAVE to have them when you lower your car. I didnt have them before and i wore through tires but that might be because my alignment was off. Like I said, they seem to be ok for me. The guys at alignment shop like them because it makes it a little easier for them too i think.

-Mike
Old 12-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by nstymax93
Hey i got the Eibach front camber bolts, they are just bolts that adjust +-1.75 degrees (i think). They seem to be ok for me but i dont think you HAVE to have them when you lower your car. I didnt have them before and i wore through tires but that might be because my alignment was off. Like I said, they seem to be ok for me. The guys at alignment shop like them because it makes it a little easier for them too i think.

-Mike
We (I am an alignment tech) like the camber bolts but to me its just as easy to adjust a car with the camber bolts as it is to adjust one that has slotted strut holes. This is only for the front though. I haven't seen a lowered 3rd Gen yet that has had camber problems in the rear. You can either buy the elongated bolts or have the strut holes elogated.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:24 AM

Originally posted by FASHIZL

We (I am an alignment tech) like the camber bolts but to me its just as easy to adjust a car with the camber bolts as it is to adjust one that has slotted strut holes. This is only for the front though. I haven't seen a lowered 3rd Gen yet that has had camber problems in the rear. You can either buy the elongated bolts or have the strut holes elogated.
Mine has more negative camber in the rear than in the front, but it hasn't been an issue when it comes to tire wear so I'm not worried about it.