3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 03:20 PM

help

need some help,just changed the 02 sensor in my 90 se,took the car out after i warmed it up,it ran good but could not get the idle to kick dwn,running about 1700 rpm.decided to remove the positive cable on the battery to see if it needed to reset,now car wont start at all.turning over but no ignition.seems like it is getting no spark.is there a security system reset have removed cable b4,this has never happened.got to go to work tommorow and car wont start, help,please..
Old 01-19-2003, 05:50 PM
STFU n00b!

removing the battery cable shouldn't have messed anything up, unless you shorted something else out in the process (which is hard to do if you removed the + cable)..

does the car have an aftermarket alarm? I took my car to the body shop a few years back and when they tried to disconnect the battery with the aftermarket alarm on it, it fried one of the relays so the car would turn over but not start- similar to your problem.

could also have broken a fusible link or blocn a fuse on the ECU circuitry.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:14 PM

thanks for the reply,thats one of the 1st things i did check,the car started,but it is flooding out real bad.called a friend who is a nissan svc writer.he thinks it is the mass airflow sensor.i think hes right becse after it started and was idling i shut it off and its not starting again and i am smelling alot of fuel