3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Someone with a FSM

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 02:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Someone with a FSM

Does the FSM have detailed diagrams of removal for sheet metal or bumper covers and things like that, or do they only due mechanical and electrical diagrams?

If somone has a writeup on how to remove the rear bumper cover, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have asked this before, but no one responded.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:38 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Someone with a FSM

Originally posted by C-Dawg
Does the FSM have detailed diagrams of removal for sheet metal or bumper covers and things like that, or do they only due mechanical and electrical diagrams?

If somone has a writeup on how to remove the rear bumper cover, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have asked this before, but no one responded.
I didnt see it before.

Reach in your trunk fender well (from inside the trunk) behind your trunk liner on either side and there are 3 or 4 (I think 4) nuts on each side to take off. after that if you look on the inside of the trunk opposite the bumper cover you will see several nuts to take off. Some of those nuts have wire holders on them that you need to pull off to get to the nut.

then there are all of the screws on the bottom adn your done. It will come right off after that.

I am going outside now to count the nuts. I will respond again
Old 01-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Someone with a FSM

OK there are 3 nuts on each side. 8 across the top (opposite the bumper in the trunk) some have wire ties on them.

and 8 bolts on the bottom with 3 snap in type connectors around the exhaust tip.

Hope that helps.

here is a pic of a bumper off of the car to help a little

Old 01-28-2003, 04:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: Someone with a FSM

Originally posted by awsm66
OK there are 3 nuts on each side. 8 across the top (opposite the bumper in the trunk) some have wire ties on them.

and 8 bolts on the bottom with 3 snap in type connectors around the exhaust tip.

Hope that helps.

here is a pic of a bumper off of the car to help a little

hope you didnt take off the bumper just to show him how it looks! , how are the mods going mike? its way too cold up here but im putting in about an hour or two daily to try to get done.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: Someone with a FSM

Originally posted by awsm66

Hope that helps.

Mike,

Thanks a lot for the picture and the directions. As far as the other question about the diagrams in the FSM, do they only show electrical and mechanical?

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:46 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Someone with a FSM

Originally posted by C-Dawg

Mike,

Thanks a lot for the picture and the directions. As far as the other question about the diagrams in the FSM, do they only show electrical and mechanical?

Thanks.
if you look at a Chilton's manual, that's like a smaller version of the FSM. Most of it's pics are stolen from the FSM. The FSM has more procedures, goes into more detail and has tons more wiring info
Old 01-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Someone with a FSM

Originally posted by shavedmax

hope you didnt take off the bumper just to show him how it looks! , how are the mods going mike? its way too cold up here but im putting in about an hour or two daily to try to get done.
na thats my old bumper I took off a while back. I really havent had much time to do anything lately. I am waiting on my tax money to come back and then its buying time. That child tax credit is nice when you have 2.