3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Lexus Is300 wheel help! ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Large Member

Lexus Is300 wheel help! ASAP!

Okay, I don't remember if it was Maxse91 or some name like that but someone has already put Is300's on their 3rd gen. I need help ASAP. I already have the wheels w/ tires and had them machined to the 66.1mm Nissan centerbore. Also, I don't know what's going on with the board but it told me the Admin disabled the search?! So now I can't search and find out exactly who it was that already put these wheels on. Basically, my problem is I can't find lug nuts that fit properly. The Nissan lugs are a lot smaller than the Toyota ones and the lugnuts I have fit inside the lug holes in the wheels. Though, there is still 2-4mm of loose space so it won't work. Whoever you are that put these on your car, please respond back. I've emailed you numerous times but, no response. I need help ASAP because my bald goodyears are going flat and I have nothing else! ;-) And I'm not about to mount the wheels as is. I don't like the thought that with that free space the wheels could move a little. How in the world did you get these mounted? As a last resort, I could just buy new hubs (many of mine need to be replaced already) and have Toyota lugs pressed into them, and then problem solved. Though, that's like a $500-600 dollar job so I don't quite like that idea.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Pusssseeeehhhh

I never recieved any e-mails. Might be my name switch?

I made a custom sleeve around the Nissan lugs so that they would fit. It is going to take a bit of time and modifications but it will work.
Home depot is a good place to start.

You are also going to need spacers in the back.

One last thing, if you want to have centercaps you need to grind off part of the hub on the front wheels.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by Jon91SE
One last thing, if you want to have centercaps you need to grind off part of the hub on the front wheels.
Did you have to grind off past the cotter pin hole?
Old 03-08-2003, 11:56 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Originally posted by Lordrandall

Did you have to grind off past the cotter pin hole?
No, thats too far.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Large Member

How big of a spacer in the rear? 10mm? Also, did you just find the metal "sleeves" at Home Depot, or did you have to modify them from something you found? I really need to get this stuff done quick. I don't have time to screw around because my current tires are bald as hell and loosing air quick.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Originally posted by Shadow1198
How big of a spacer in the rear? 10mm? Also, did you just find the metal "sleeves" at Home Depot, or did you have to modify them from something you found? I really need to get this stuff done quick. I don't have time to screw around because my current tires are bald as hell and loosing air quick.
Relax

I cant recall the spacer size, you will see once you mount the wheel that you dont need a huge one, just enough to clear the strut.

The sleeves were custom made from metal at home depot. Not going to be an easy task. You will need to do alot of grinding and cutting.

Before i forget, you got different lugs right? Your stock lugs will not work.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Large Member

Jon91SE, sorry to ask but, could I pay you (including price of supplies) to make me some of these sleeves like you already did? Sorry to ask but, I really don't have time to experiment with this stuff. My tires are loosing 10psi of air per day and are bald so I really need to get these wheels on soon. Again, sorry to ask but it's kind of urgent. You can email me at fred.brown@amd.com if you don't want to discuss it on the board. Thanks again for the help you've give me.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Originally posted by Shadow1198
Jon91SE, sorry to ask but, could I pay you (including price of supplies) to make me some of these sleeves like you already did? Sorry to ask but, I really don't have time to experiment with this stuff. My tires are loosing 10psi of air per day and are bald so I really need to get these wheels on soon. Again, sorry to ask but it's kind of urgent. You can email me at fred.brown@amd.com if you don't want to discuss it on the board. Thanks again for the help you've give me.
I appreciate the offer but I dont have the time or resources to do that again. I did all my work at a Lexus dealership with hydraulic lifts, air tools etc.

The sleeves were the only thing I could think of at the time to get the wheels to mount, this was meant to be temporary but they ended up working out. Try something else if you cant do that. You mentioned new hubs, yes that would be alot of money but you dont have too many options.

This is not a project you can just throw together quickly. I ran into more then a few unique problems because nobody had done it. I had no clue I was not going to be able to just bolt them on after increasing the centerbore. I hate to sound negative but I dont think you understood what you were getting into.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Large Member

I understood it wasn't going to be easy. When I got the wheels though, I just didn't need them as bad at the time. Thanks anyways for the help. Hehe, I knew you would probably say no about making the sleeves but, I had to try at least.