3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I guess i'm not modding my Max anymore.(long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2001, 02:02 PM

it's probably totaled as of yesterday,(guess i really am a "blu Max") some guy in early 90's grand am tried to take my bumper off he had to be doin 35-40 in a 25 zone and he just canceled his insurance.So it started leakin' radiator fluid so i had it towed straight to a body shop. It's so ****ed! My insurance is trying not to total my car, but to me the unibody looks a little bent. It's gonna cost $4500 in repairs right now but the adjuster told the shop to start taking it apart to see if there is more damage( i hope so cause i don't want this Max anymore)this is the 3rd time this car has been in a body shop since i've owned it in a little over 2 yrs. it's the 2nd accident it's been in that i know of. and i don't want it! I'd be happy to part it to you guys but i want to see it totaled and i want my insurance(GEICO) to get me another 92,93 SE MAX w/ a stick this time, but like i said they are gonna try and salvage it. i don't think that is fair. I'm thinking about seeking legal advice on my own since my Dad doesn't really seem to care if i have to keep driving that car.
What do you guys think? and btw i did get a minor back strain as diagnosed by the doctor last night, so 'i'm thinking about a lawyer on that issue too.( cause you all know i'm entitled to my compensation, and no work for me for 2 days!) sorry for talkin so long, i'm on drugs.
Old 01-18-2001, 02:50 PM

No! Not another blue maxima!!

I guess these blue maxima's must have a curse on them... they are getting totaled left and right. James92SE, if your reading this, watch out and drive safely!
Old 01-18-2001, 04:40 PM

that back thing. my friend got 5 grand from a little back problem, a chic totalled his car
Old 01-18-2001, 05:01 PM
Guy with the Orange Max

get legal advice

Ya really need to do this especially with the back problems. That bastard cancelled his insurance?? Let's go hunt him down and cause a lil um bodily harm ourselves. Ok maybe not. Seriously though, if you're having back problems and he doesn't have insurance the only way to get any compensation is to sue him. Hope everything turns out for your benefit. Let us in Seattle know if you need any "help".
Old 01-18-2001, 05:37 PM

5sp. here you come!!!!!!!

If everything goes your way, you should be able to get the car you want... I would really seriously look at getting a lawyer. They not only will help you with any legal action against the other guy, but they will make sure that the ins. co. is fair with you. It really is the only reasonable way to go, and that is why you pay premiums, so that they will cover your loss. It is worth the cost, believe me!! I hope you are ok as far as your back goes. I might go see a chiropractor to have him check you out. Back injuries may seem small, but they may not heal fast or even completely, and the ins. co. is not going to cover you once they've settled even if you spend the rest of your life with a back out of whack...
Let us know how things go with everything... its too bad you only got to take your car to one meet before it got whacked. Maybe your g/f will let you drive the cute G20 around for a while huh?

P.S. I am glad my max is BLACK!!!!!!!!!