3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

This Is my max, check it out

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2001, 06:27 PM

Re: Thank you Skymax...

I have been staring at this photo for a while and I am torn between whether or not is real. For the most part, such as the wheels and most of the decal, it looks legit. But the distinct "blur tool" marks are what are throwing me off. Also on the the hood the middle line of the E in the Zex decal looks awkward as to how it follows the contours of the fender. I am gonna get a magazine and find the logo to compare. But if that is a fake, there are some tedious hours of Photoshop here just to fool a few forum members.
Old 01-21-2001, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by rhammon
Sorry for the blury picture I will soon fix that, on the next sunny day!!!!!!
Why wait for a sunny day? Sometimes a cloudy one is awesome for pics and the sun or lack of it would not cause the distortion in your pic. My..the trees are beautiful.
Old 01-21-2001, 07:08 PM

???

I think it looks fine it just isn't a good photo. Post some more pics to prove everyone wrong. Can you estimate the cost of the mods and the time you have put into it?
Old 01-21-2001, 08:33 PM

i really didnt look at the picture that long, but im just thinking its real. the exterior isnt that good looking. the performance upgrades are the only cool about his car, and they cant be seen by the photo. i think if he were gonna waste the time to photoshop it he would make it much better lookin.
Old 01-22-2001, 06:22 PM

the only thing i'd say about the ZEX sticker is maybe it shouldn't have been draped across the side, i dunno though, maybe if you covered your car in stickers it would look ok like that. just my opinion. sounds like you've got the ***** to back the looks too. which i respect. only thing i don't like (and this is just my opinion) is nitrous. that's cool you got it and stuff, but its like hot rodders say "only babies drink from bottles" but unless you wanna drop a V8 in there, its' the way to go. other than that, i like your ride. how much $$$ you got into it?
Old 01-22-2001, 06:38 PM

well....there is now way in hell that new photo is photoshoped in any way. also, the car looks much nicer in that photo. the zex sticker looks ok in that photo on the car. the only thing that doesnt look good is the purple on the windows. other than that purple vinyl across the windows the car looks very nice and clean. looks like brand new paint. how do you like those wheels? i was thinking of getting those in the siver for my max.
Old 01-22-2001, 07:05 PM

See Mikey....

Told you the pic wasn't photoshopped
Old 01-22-2001, 07:09 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

OKay........

now lest see the interior and the engine bay!! and don't forget the 135shot nitro on the STOCK motor!! I wanna see it all, BTW does ZEX sponsor you or something??
Old 01-22-2001, 07:33 PM

where "is" this new pic?

Originally posted by thebull
well....there is now way in hell that new photo is photoshoped in any way. <snip>
Ok, am I NOT only auto mechanically inclined..but am I blind too.....where "is" the new pic?

PS. and apologies if it's right in my face somewhere..tried looking to see if its in new thread..but the database is wigging out on me..and not getting very far in searching..
Old 01-22-2001, 08:04 PM

if you go to his very first post in this thread its there. it is a very large picture in his signiture
Old 01-22-2001, 08:05 PM

he revised his first pic, so just go back to the first page of this topic and youll see it

wow, im actually impressed. i mean aside from the crappy sticker, and te crap on the winshield, it loks really nice. hella clean and shiny, and i must say i do like the white rims, better then in that blurry pic. and the clear corners look realy good to, as they dont on some other peoples cars....yea now i just wanna see the engine too, looks like you too new pics, so lets see the rest of em!
Old 01-22-2001, 08:07 PM

Go back to the first page for the new page and wait for it to load. I think that the ZEX logo wouldnt look bad at all if you removed the purple from the Windshield. The rims would also have to be silver or chome, not white. You should give it a give it a nicer grille, and maybe a decent spoiler. You got the right idea, just make it look a little meaner. =)
Old 01-22-2001, 08:11 PM

Ok, whats with the tachometer with the shift light, you have a GXE right? Not avalable with a 5 speed?
Old 01-22-2001, 08:17 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I guess he uses it........

to see the proportion of the RPM's with the activation of his 135 shot nitrous system or maybe he bracket races a lot and torque brakes and the light and huge tach help him get the right amount of RPMs for launch?? (I'm not being sarcastic, well at least not about the using the tach, <b>but stiil questioning his NITROUS SETUP!!</b>) lets see those engine pics and timeslips!! if you haven't been to a track with a setup like that, you're plain crazy!! and a *cough*LIAR!*cough*.................

Originally posted by HoJo
Ok, whats with the tachometer with the shift light, you have a GXE right? Not avalable with a 5 speed?
Old 01-22-2001, 08:19 PM

I was thinkin the same thing Hojo. I thought it was just me. I have also noticed that on a lot of people's cars with clear corners, not many people paint the grey lip at the top of them. I made mine black and it definitely looks like it should. Fix up the grey part and it will make it look like a continuation of the head light.
Old 01-22-2001, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by thebull
if you go to his very first post in this thread its there. it is a very large picture in his signiture
TY, shew..thought I was gonna have to load it..and view it in the AM...

And let me rephrase something in my post earlier...."not only am I NOT auto mechancially inclined..blah, blah"....

Personally, I think it would look better removing the purple on the window, the logo across the hood and regular chrome wheels... :-)

Thanks again all for the direction.

PS. I had the pic at only 38kb in my sig....posted the message the first time, then went back and removed pic, hoping it would stay on the post already posted. LOL..didn't work. here's a link to a smaller version. Will keep it up for a couple days.

[Edited by OWhatAThrill on 01-22-2001 at 10:57 PM]
Old 01-23-2001, 07:14 AM

instead of wasting money on decals and other junk, you need to get a paint job. this car would look really good if it were a different color. honda boy w/ the civic doesn't know what he's talkin about. that max would be a sweet ride w/out all those deacals.
Old 01-23-2001, 07:47 AM
OG and counting...

My .02

Personally, I think you have nice vehicle except the following:

a) Get rid of the purple from your windshield.

b) Get rid of the Zex Sticker.

c) The rims you have are phat, but I would gold plate them as opposed to chroming them. The gold plating would highlight the pearl more.
Old 01-23-2001, 04:09 PM

Re: My .02

ok, did he just say he wasn't mechanically inclined? and that he didn't have an auto! i'm confused! someone, please help me! maybe i should read the whole thread, NAH
Old 01-23-2001, 04:34 PM

Re: Re: My .02

Originally posted by flyry110
ok, did he just say he wasn't mechanically inclined? and that he didn't have an auto! i'm confused! someone, please help me! maybe i should read the whole thread, NAH
Gosh, I hope "my" post didn't confuse you, it is not my car, I just posted a SMALLER pic so that it might save someone from going back to the original (pg 1 of this thread) which is HUGE and takes a while to download. "I" am not mechanically inclined..I daresay he's whole leaps and bounds ahead of I. Doesn't take much to do that.
Old 01-23-2001, 06:14 PM

Re: Re: My .02

Originally posted by flyry110
No one ever said he didn't have an auto, unless he did a 5 speed swap he has to have an auto. My comment was about large tach. with the shift light. Not real useful with an automatic.

BTW read the whole thread before you make any other comments
Old 01-23-2001, 06:21 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

There are uses for a shift light in an auto....

with use if nitrous and bracket racing, but it's not necessary at all really!!! I just wish people could realize that when they lie, they make sure not to go overboard, 135 shots on a stock motor and transmission with a stock fuel setup...........his ignorance truly amazes me!
Old 01-23-2001, 07:50 PM
Botnik

Re: There are uses for a shift light in an auto....

No one ever said he didn't have an auto, unless he did a 5 speed swap he has to have an auto. My comment was about large tach. with the shift light. Not real useful with an automatic
Well, maybe he did it for the looks. I have an automatic and I wouldn't mind getting a autometer w/ shiftlight just for looks.

Old 01-23-2001, 11:10 PM

Tachometer

O.K. I have read what you all think about it, well first of all I don't rag the hell out of my car, I don't take it to the track, because I care about my max! The only way I would take it to the track is if I had a Heikman Engine and the transmission and plus if I wanted a race car I sure would not do it to a 3rd Generation max, I would use a 4th Gen. probably because of the setup and the engine mods for it! The shift light is for looks, but it does work and have used it, it is more accurate than the factory one especially at shift points! The car is very quick and I love riding in it, just not on the track! It has the potential to go to the track and if I wanted to go I would probably do pretty good! It is a show winning car (as is)!!
I hope to get my wing on it by next week if it would hurry up and get painted and once I do that the Purple Tweed interior comes next then I am going to be at the Nopi Nationals in Atlanta next year! APC said there production of tailights for this car would be out soon, they said probably by Feb. 1, well tell me what you think aboout this! I will have the other picson here soon, when I am not busy!!
Old 02-18-2001, 01:09 PM

Re: Tachometer

It's past Feb. 1st... where are the APC tail lights? Not like I would buy them anyway.

Originally posted by rhammon
O.K. I have read what you all think about it, well first of all I don't rag the hell out of my car, I don't take it to the track, because I care about my max! The only way I would take it to the track is if I had a Heikman Engine and the transmission and plus if I wanted a race car I sure would not do it to a 3rd Generation max, I would use a 4th Gen. probably because of the setup and the engine mods for it! The shift light is for looks, but it does work and have used it, it is more accurate than the factory one especially at shift points! The car is very quick and I love riding in it, just not on the track! It has the potential to go to the track and if I wanted to go I would probably do pretty good! It is a show winning car (as is)!!
I hope to get my wing on it by next week if it would hurry up and get painted and once I do that the Purple Tweed interior comes next then I am going to be at the Nopi Nationals in Atlanta next year! APC said there production of tailights for this car would be out soon, they said probably by Feb. 1, well tell me what you think aboout this! I will have the other picson here soon, when I am not busy!!
Old 02-18-2001, 02:34 PM

purple interior?????????
i wont bother with that one, but why dont you want to take it to the track if you put all this money into performance products like a nitrous system. isnt nitrous mainly for using at the track!!?
Old 02-18-2001, 02:58 PM

I feel the love in this post!LOL
Old 02-18-2001, 07:17 PM

What's up with his wheels? He says they are something else but I think they look exactly like Konig Tantrums painted white. Is that the way wheel manufacturers do it? Cuz I have seen a lot of different wheels from different manufacturers and some of them are by all appearances exactly the same.