3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

almost a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 10:54 PM

almost a ticket

was treking home from my dorm, to my house down in fl tonight. was going 120-125 easily for majority of the night. blew right past a cop.....was like crapppp. cop pulls out in a hurry, but doesnt turn the lights on yet. im thinking i can make it to the next exit before he catches me, so i speed up a bit more. i can see the bonita exit sign markers, push the speed a bit more. the cop turns his lights on... about 5 seconds later i see him turn them off, then he ditches back onto the medium(spelling?). hit the off ramp, pulled a u'y then went back onto the highway. he would of thrown my *** in jail for sure if he caught up...just so joyfull with relief had to express it on the forum.

i've herd before..i think on this forum that majority of cops will just give up if a car is going fast enough, on the right stretch of highway, guess its true
Old 04-27-2003, 10:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Unless he's really got nothin better to do but pull you over... then you're screwed... you got lucky this time...
Old 04-27-2003, 11:03 PM

Re: almost a ticket

Originally posted by NismoDrew91SE
was treking home from my dorm, to my house down in fl tonight. was going 120-125 easily for majority of the night. blew right past a cop.....was like crapppp. cop pulls out in a hurry, but doesnt turn the lights on yet. im thinking i can make it to the next exit before he catches me, so i speed up a bit more. i can see the bonita exit sign markers, push the speed a bit more. the cop turns his lights on... about 5 seconds later i see him turn them off, then he ditches back onto the medium(spelling?). hit the off ramp, pulled a u'y then went back onto the highway. he would of thrown my *** in jail for sure if he caught up...just so joyfull with relief had to express it on the forum.

i've herd before..i think on this forum that majority of cops will just give up if a car is going fast enough, on the right stretch of highway, guess its true
don't try your luck man...
like here in houston, lotta HPDs with camero squad cars...and those thing haul butt to chase speeders down...
Old 04-27-2003, 11:19 PM

Re: Re: almost a ticket

Originally posted by Fosgate Fan

like here in houston, lotta HPDs with camero squad cars...and those thing haul butt to chase speeders down...

most cops will chase you...this is one in a million...he was probably called back for a 187 or sumpth...oh and btw you didnt get the ticket so go away.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:49 AM

Re: Re: almost a ticket

Originally posted by Fosgate Fan

they are starting to come out with those down here, see a few out there on the side of the highways.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:47 AM

You got lucky.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:10 AM

lophix, saw in your sig your an xmfan. i've been thinking about getting xm. is it worth it, cost over station availability?
Old 04-28-2003, 11:09 AM

you got very lucky, when you're going that fast, you're right, it's hard for them to catch up. But there are other police cars ahead that they can call and tell them to be ready for you. Undercover cars driving in traffic that you wouldn't even notice also. No to mention the camaro chase cars. I'm not totally against street racing, cause we all do it. But driving at 125+ and having to worry about a police car in back of you severly impairs your judgement. An accident at that speed would be nothing short of fatal. Count your blessings and don't let it happen again.
And to the rest of you guys...don't even think for a second that because you're going very fast a police car won't bother chasing you or notifying other police cars ahead. your *** is grass if you're caught.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:37 PM

Houston, Jan 2002, if I memory serves. Comming from Clear lake/ League City area at around 2:30 am, to Galveston, I was driving my Honda CRX Si, and doing about 115mph-120mph, passed a bridge and there he was (the cop), kept going without slowing down (though I couldn't speed up any more!) and he never bothered to chase. Good thing though :-)

Sohaib
89 Max GXE
Old 04-28-2003, 02:10 PM

lophix, saw in your sig your an xmfan. i've been thinking about getting xm. is it worth it, cost over station availability?
well i drive approximately 1000miles a week to and from school, and i was running out of cds and mp3s faster than the semester. So I decided to get it for the variety and entertainment. I feel it is definitely worth the 10bucks a month. Over spring break, I drove from kansas to phoenix and back and it was a definite life saver. Feeling sleepy? switch to xm comedy and you'll be awake in no time. Check out xmfan.com for general info, and check out my home page for some pics...
Old 04-28-2003, 02:25 PM

some of the roads down in So Cal are so bumpy and un even and my struts are so blown that at high speeds, my car just bounces up and down, left and right, round and round... if i had a SE stick instead of a GXE auto, id totally invest in some tokicos, eibachs, and ST or Addcos. im still waiting to get my 240 or hopefully a 510!!!

if i were going down a nice level road (like to vegas), id be fine with pointing my needle down at my steering column, but when you bounce as much as i do, you know its scary as hell!
Old 04-28-2003, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by makeuw3t
some of the roads down in So Cal are so bumpy and un even and my struts are so blown that at high speeds, my car just bounces up and down, left and right, round and round... if i had a SE stick instead of a GXE auto, id totally invest in some tokicos, eibachs, and ST or Addcos. im still waiting to get my 240 or hopefully a 510!!!

if i were going down a nice level road (like to vegas), id be fine with pointing my needle down at my steering column, but when you bounce as much as i do, you know its scary as hell!
ok......
Old 04-30-2003, 08:53 PM

Re: almost a ticket

No matter how fast your car is, radio is faster. Either he was tired, to lazy to do the paper work or just called to something more important then bust a kid going to fast.

In any case, you lucked out.