3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd Gen PWNZ0Rs

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

3rd Gen PWNZ0Rs

Check out the bottom of the page, Sport Compact class.

http://www.lvms.com/track_info/strip/news/356460.html

Good job Aaron, congrats man. I wish I was there to see that one.

Old 04-27-2003, 11:17 PM

Re: 3rd Gen PWNZ0Rs

Originally posted by Dark Lord Bunny
Check out the bottom of the page, Sport Compact class.

http://www.lvms.com/track_info/strip/news/356460.html

Good job Aaron, congrats man. I wish I was there to see that one.

was that a stock ve?
Old 04-27-2003, 11:19 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: Re: 3rd Gen PWNZ0Rs

Originally posted by lophix

was that a stock ve?
No it's a heavily modded VE Auto. It's me. Vegas is over 2000 feet elevation. But it's a VERY slow track. I run exactly 7 tenths slower in Vegas than I do in NC. I had full interior and I wasn't in full out "track" mode.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: 3rd Gen PWNZ0Rs

Originally posted by Aaron92SE

No it's a heavily modded VE Auto. It's me. Vegas is over 2000 feet elevation. But it's a VERY slow track. I run exactly 7 tenths slower in Vegas than I do in NC. I had full interior and I wasn't in full out "track" mode.
wow. i wont even attempt running there.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:30 PM
dmontzsta

Old 04-28-2003, 02:31 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: 3rd Gen PWNZ0Rs

Originally posted by Aaron92SE

Glad you explained that... I just KNEW you ran faster than that, but wasn't sure. But good run, nonetheless. And way to rep the VE autos!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 07:49 AM

Very nice Aaron
Old 04-28-2003, 03:15 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Thanks everybody. It was a very ripping victory!

When I got there, I was getting to know some of the other racers. Just saying hey to the ones I didn't know. Trying to get a feel for the competition. The people I already knew... I knew that they all had skills or they wouldn't even been out there in the first place in this bracket racing series.

But, I was talking to this one guy that had a Civic HB with B16 swap with exhaust and intake. He told me he was out there just to see what his car would run. He couldn't come out there on a TnT b/c he always works on Friday evenings. I had to explain to him what bracket racing was and gave him some tips.

It just so happens, in the 1st round, we were paired up. He redlighted and gave me the victory. In the 2nd round, I was paired up against last week's champion. A girl from Vegas in her 5spd CRX. Yeah, you say 5spd and immediately think... inconsistant. Not this girl. It wasn't that inconsistant. She was within a tenth all night. So, that made me work for the win.

I cut a good bulb on her, she cut an alright bulb and she broke out and I almost hit my number. All night long I was hitting within 4 hundredths of my dial in. Not to bad.

Since I had the closest to my dial in during the 2nd round, they gave me a provisional by run for the 3rd round. I ran it through and got a very good run.

In the 4th and final round, I had to match up against last years champion in his 2000 Beetle Auto running 19.00's all night long. i cut a decent bulb, he cut a slightly better bulb. (I got lucky, he usually cuts better lights than that) He beat me to the finish line. Which could only mean 2 things... he broke out, or he beat me by a bumper's width. The finish line light for the racers was not working that night. So, I have NO clue who won. He got a call on his cell from his crew and told me I won. WOOHOO!! I couldn't believe it. Turns out, I ran a 16.01 to a 15.99 dial-in. That was my best run of the night. If he wouldn't have broke out, I would have still won, UNLESS he cut his usual .520 light, then he could have had a great chance at winning. RTs are half the race.

I've been in the finals once in my entire life and I went up against the Beetle guy's dad... a track veteran also. He whooped me last time. This is my first victory ever. It won't be my last.

The VE was running consistant all night, but I was VERY inconsistant on the tree. It turns out everyone was all over the map on RTs that night. Weird... must have been something in the air.

I averaged .577 without any redlights. I usually average .530's. Funny how things work out for the winner.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:24 PM

congrats on the win.. but man that vw.. jeez even my old 86 lebaron convert 3 spd auto runs 18.7-8s... hehe anyway they're still awesome cars.

is your car really that consistent between runs? does the car's engine temp change much? do you do anything to the car to keep it consistent?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:29 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by Vigo327
congrats on the win.. but man that vw.. jeez even my old 86 lebaron convert 3 spd auto runs 18.7-8s... hehe anyway they're still awesome cars.

is your car really that consistent between runs? does the car's engine temp change much? do you do anything to the car to keep it consistent?
Beetles aren't that slow at sea level. But as you know, I have a 14 second Maxima and I only run mid 15's here in Vegas. So that Beetle will run around low/mid 18's at sea level.

My VE in stock form is the most inconsistant car on the planet. But after I've done my tinkering, it's VERY consistant reguardless of engine temp. My ram air intake is the reason. For more info, visit my website. Thanks for the props.