3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

changing spark plug, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 03:59 PM
Kin
Newbie - Just Registered

changing spark plug, need help.

hi,
i just changed the NGK spark plug wires, it is really smooth and it make my RPM running little bit higher than b4. but the problem is the car shanking when idle. it has the problem b4, but getting more serious. anyway, i was trying to change the spark plug, but my spark plug socket cant get in the hole.
it was really tiny. and i used the thin wall socket, and it can touch the plug, but i cant turn it.
i have 92 GXE.
in addition, anyone change their Bose system? i was doing it today again, and i found out that the main power (red wire)wire doesnt have electricity, but the yellow wire (memory) is OK.
so i connet the radio's red and yellow wire together to the car's memory wire. and finally my radio is on. i has been trying to figure it out for 2 days. my question is if the power wire doesnt have power, why my bose system work? so i need to find out where should i get the electricity for the stereo because i cant leave it to memory all the time. my battery will dead.
i got that car about a month already, still has a lot of the problem to go.
thanks for yr help.
Kin
Old 05-06-2003, 05:41 PM

Re: changing spark plug, need help.

Originally posted by Kin
hi,
i just changed the NGK spark plug wires, it is really smooth and it make my RPM running little bit higher than b4. but the problem is the car shanking when idle. it has the problem b4, but getting more serious. anyway, i was trying to change the spark plug, but my spark plug socket cant get in the hole.
it was really tiny. and i used the thin wall socket, and it can touch the plug, but i cant turn it.
i have 92 GXE.

Kin
try another socket. find one that does fit into the hole, and don't overtighten the new plugs.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Kin
Newbie - Just Registered

i solve the power problem, it was the fuse. how stupid it was.
but i had another problem again, the rear speaker is too loud, then i think i cut the wrong wire to connect to the speaker.....i think i need to search more about the speaker set up.
Kin
Old 05-21-2003, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by Kin
i solve the power problem, it was the fuse. how stupid it was.
but i had another problem again, the rear speaker is too loud, then i think i cut the wrong wire to connect to the speaker.....i think i need to search more about the speaker set up.
Kin
i think that i have the same problem.. which fuse did you change?