3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I Have It!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 11:55 PM

I Have It!!!

I FINALLY recieved my exhaust setup from warpspeed; stainless y-pipe, b-pipe w/resonator, carsound cat, carsound muffler, and the rest of the piping for the whole exhaust. i also installed my place racing CAI today (took 3 hrs), my se finishing panel, fstb; recieved my brembo rotors, new carpet (btw ordered charcoal instead of black, you want?), springs (intrax), hr struts, boots, camber kit, mounts. all i'm waiting for is my rear exhaust manifold and my 100sqft of fatmat and i'm ready to roll!!!!

the CAI sounds pretty cool, haven't heard one on a v6 before.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:16 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

J, what are you gonna do with your other carpet? And did you get pics of your PR CAI install? I'm getting one in the mail in a week or so, and I wanted to make sure everything matched up.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:45 AM

the install went smoothly until i had to connect the MAF to the pipe that goes down, then i had a moment of brilliance and switched their rubber thingie to the other side and DAMN it all worked, looks beautiful! my old carpet has tons of antifreeze stains in it from my old heater core, this new carpet in my room is almost black but since it's charcoal there's a hint of brown and this definetly won't look good with my blue/black interior. i could sell either one, my old one is a gray with i'd almost say a hint of blue in it?
Old 06-06-2003, 02:41 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MAX89'
the install went smoothly until i had to connect the MAF to the pipe that goes down, then i had a moment of brilliance and switched their rubber thingie to the other side and DAMN it all worked, looks beautiful! my old carpet has tons of antifreeze stains in it from my old heater core, this new carpet in my room is almost black but since it's charcoal there's a hint of brown and this definetly won't look good with my blue/black interior. i could sell either one, my old one is a gray with i'd almost say a hint of blue in it?
Antifreeze stains = YUCK! But if you got some pics of your install, let me know.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by nubiannupe
J, what are you gonna do with your other carpet? And did you get pics of your PR CAI install? I'm getting one in the mail in a week or so, and I wanted to make sure everything matched up.
check out this page http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...=185001&page=3 to see pics of the PR CAI installed... i have it too, it gives the max a nice deep growling sound
Old 06-06-2003, 11:46 PM

i'll post pics of all my stuff going into my car when EVERYTHING gets here, 2-3 more weeks. then i'll post pics of EVERYTHING installed which should be another week after that. the vg intake looks a lot different than the ve mainly because our intake to the engine is a lot lower and we have to go around the battery not straight down (ve). it does sound great except i'm waiting on my new exhaust manifold since i'm missing studs and it's driving me crazy.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:49 PM

oooh i didnt even think to find vg pics... i've seen it before tho and it looks good... can't wait to see the pics