3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I think my alarm locked me out!! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I think my alarm locked me out!! Help!!!

Hey Guys,

This forum has been a god send when I had problems with my maxima earlier, and I am hoping you guys can help again since I suck with cars... but have no money yet to pay people to fix em...

I have a 92 GXE...

SO last night someone was getting something from my car (I gave them the key) and they managed to break my key in my drivers side door lock.

No problem I said, since my sunroof was open at the time, and I have a spare, and the key half wasn't in far so Ithought I could get it out...

So I crawled into the sunroof with the spare the next day, and I was prepared to open it and start the car when the alarm went off since I was opening it from the inside... so I did just that, and it would not start... I could turn the car on, get electrical power, but no start, no turn over... nothing... And the alarm kept going off.

The alarm went for four minuets, and it would let me start it. So after it stopped... it was the stupid half key in the door, it bridged the circuit and it wouldnt let me start!!!!!

So I got the half key out of the thing after like 20 minuets... and now I can't start my car!!

What happened? Is my anti theft device (the factory one) doing exactly what it is supposed to do and locking out my engine?

I don't have my code because I bought the car used, and the previous owned changed the code to something different than the one listed behind the glove box panel. So I have no way of finding the new code because I didn't buy it direclty from the old owner...

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Or reset it? The car is all clean now, the key is out of the door... and I have my spare so I can get in and out... its just so messed up. The Dealer (THERE IS ONLY ONE DEALER IN ALL OF SEATTLE... weak) says that one guy there knows how to comepletely wipe the alarm, put new factory codes in it, and then you can put your own in it... and he's pertty ncie and would help... but I have to wait... and my car is on the otherside of Lake Washington frmo the dealer.

I tried locking it, with the keypad, and reopening... I tried lockign it from the inside, closing the door, and reopening... any variation of locking the door and opening it and trying to start the car I tried... all of which result in the alarm activating.

Your guys' input would be VERY aprpecaited!!! THanks a million!
Old 07-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok, that number that is listed behind your glovebox? Hit start, then enter that number in. It'll beep for awhile and then stop. Now, enter a code that you can remember. Voila, you just reset the keyless entry code. Another thing, are you unlocking the doors with your key? That will usually stop the alarm
Old 07-19-2003, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by KLoWnPR109
Ok, that number that is listed behind your glovebox? Hit start, then enter that number in. It'll beep for awhile and then stop. Now, enter a code that you can remember. Voila, you just reset the keyless entry code. Another thing, are you unlocking the doors with your key? That will usually stop the alarm
is there anyway unscrupulous people could use this technique with ulterior motives? might want to delete this thread just in case it can. also to disarm the alarm, you could stick the key in the trunk lock.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:13 PM

to get the alarm off after its starts blasting, i think your supposed to lock and unlock with a key. try that
Old 07-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the replies guys... I'll see tomorrow once I hook the battery back up if I still get alarm blaring by trying to unlock it... it didn't work last time... and plsu my car won't start at all..

I'm just afraid that since the owner before me probably set his own code in, that I have no way of changing it...

For whatever reason, my key does not open up the trunk. Go figure...
Old 07-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by lophix

is there anyway unscrupulous people could use this technique with ulterior motives? might want to delete this thread just in case it can. also to disarm the alarm, you could stick the key in the trunk lock.
It's already been posted on a huge write up that Izzy did awhile ago. It's just the standard procedure for resetting the code.

Each car has a different code so unless someone goes on a rampage of breaking into 3rd gens, taking apart the glovebox, and going through the trouble of resetting the code, I'm not gonna worry about it
Old 07-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

LOCKED OUT, 89 maxima

I was locked out yesterday. In fact, I am onmy way to try to get car.
Nephew went to car to get ps2, left jacket. I hit the viper or whatever, alarm went off, and I opened door. The FACTORY alarm went off then, the anti theft. I tried to reset it with alarm in hand but did not work. I can get lights, etc on, but I do not know how to reset this thing and of course, I can not start my car.

Will the same suggestion given to HAAKE work for me?
I appreciate any thing anyone has to offer.

Peace
Old 07-20-2003, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by KLoWnPR109

It's already been posted on a huge write up that Izzy did awhile ago. It's just the standard procedure for resetting the code.

Each car has a different code so unless someone goes on a rampage of breaking into 3rd gens, taking apart the glovebox, and going through the trouble of resetting the code, I'm not gonna worry about it
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....=keyless+entry
Old 07-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

GUys... U all rule... thats three maxima problems you've helped me with so far... when I get some cash, I could be sending it this way!!!

So I got everything fixed so far, when I originally did it, I locked the car from the inside with the power lock while the alarm was going... and that didn't do it. It took locking it with 0 on the keypad, and then opening it with the key and it worked great... I don't know why I didn't try that earlier...

I bookmarked the thread on reprogramming the keypad, and when I have some time I'll rip it apart and change that up!!

So crazy4maxima, I think your name was, thanks for all the help!! And to everyone else who helped out!! I appreciate it!

Jake
Old 07-20-2003, 10:48 PM

that is the thing
you dont have to ripe anything out...

jsut use my directions. its really easy.

just look under using a flash light get the numbers form the box and then reprogram it. it should take 10 mintues. to do everything. i dare you to do it now and i bet you after you post it would be 10 after you went in..

BTW please send money to c/o crazy4maxima

hope that your happy by becoming an org member
Old 07-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sooo easy

OMG... you weren't kidding... that took me all of 10 minutes...

THank you man!! Using the keypad is so much easier, and if I ever lock my keys out, I won't have to worry about it!!

Thanks dude!!

Jake