3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Pictures of Wings West Bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 01:06 PM
youngbleek85

Pictures of Wings West Bodykit

I am about to purchase a bodykit for my 3rd gen maxima and i really don't know which one to get. I was going to get the stillen body kit but everyone has that one. So then i was going to get the Sarona body kit but then i realized that it was made of Plastic. SO i decided to go with the wings west body kit but i can't find a picture of it. can someone please tell me where i can find a picture of this bodykit on somebodies car or post a picture of it on this thread. And also which do u think is the best body kit to get?

Old 07-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

everyone doesnt have it. Granted a lot of people do and are more and more since they are so cheap now.

Here is somthing to think about though...How many people in your area have the Stillen kit? There is not another maxima even close to me that has a Stillen kit on it so I really dont worry too much about it. I got the Stillen kit because I liked how it looked and dont care how many on a message board has them. What I care about is the whole car in general being a little different and if there is another car around my area that is similar.

For pics of the WW kit go to maxima.cardomain.com and search through the 89-94 maximas and you will find a few on there.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do but do it because you like it and not just for the sake of being different. I have done a few things to my car to be different but only things that I like...believe me I have the ability to make my car wild and ricy but I dont want or like to go that way.

sorry to go on a small rant and for the record I really like the WW kit too. My choice is the Stillen then WW but I dont really like any of the others.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:43 PM
youngbleek85

Yeah your right, i haven't see any maximas with the stillen body kit around me. Even when i travel i don't see them. I do like the stillen body kit but i heard that the WW was also a great one too. I have to see a good picture of it first to decided. thanks for the feedback though.

Old 07-20-2003, 01:50 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by youngbleek85
Yeah your right, i haven't see any maximas with the stillen body kit around me. Even when i travel i don't see them. I do like the stillen body kit but i heard that the WW was also a great one too. I have to see a good picture of it first to decided. thanks for the feedback though.
Here is a couple of nice maximas with the kit...for the owners sake I will just put a link to the sites:

Nice blue max with WW kit

Nice white max with WW kit

The only drawback to the WW kit is that it is fiberglass.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:09 PM
youngbleek85

Thanx. Why is a figerglass kit a drawback. i thought that fiber glass was better then plastic (sorona bodykit). DOes the fiberglass break or crakc easily? IS that why a lot of people get the stillen bodykit. Because it is made of urethane? Please explain

Old 07-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

fiberglass breaks,cracks and is harder to be fitted. The urethane is easily fitted and has a lifetime warranty.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:29 PM
youngbleek85

Oh wow.. i didn't know that, so that fiberglass kit doesn't come with a warranty and the but the stillen kit does? how long would it take for the stillen kit to arrive if i was to order it today? And is urethane like flexible or something?

Old 07-20-2003, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by awsm66
fiberglass breaks,cracks and is harder to be fitted. The urethane is easily fitted and has a lifetime warranty.
i sway the other way, main reason is, urethane can crack (usually only if its cold, but it can tear if you get hung up somewhere[speed bump,parking median etc]). if that happens 9 times out of 10 youll throw it out 'cause you cant properly repair urethane. glass will crack, but can be "easily" fixed, repeatedly, and can be modified it it doesnt fit properly. my stillel rear valence, for example, will not stay up no matter what on the sides, double sided tape peels right off, and it is wider by the license plate( probably just my a/m bumper). i plan on molding it in glass, fitting it right, and once done it will be rigid enough to be held in by a screw by the license plate and a screw on each side of the 1/4 panels. another reason ill do it is because when i have the front of the car all the way up and the rear down, i drag the kit off(learned that going into a show in front of a 4th gen! . the glass one i can fit to be shorter so i dont drag it. just my $.02. not disagreeing with you mike, just sharing my past experience.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

my view is more about style and taste. if the stillen kit is what you like, then get it. even if 'everyone' has it. but i have never in person even seen a max with a stillen kit on it. only pictures. everyone drives a car. so to be different you go out and put wheels on a boat and drive that. that is 'different.' but ridiculous.

it is what YOU do to the WHOLE car, the way you individually craft it's look, that either enhances or "dehances" the car. the kit is only a part of the whole. i have seen multiple examples of cars with body kits from the same manufacturer's kit, that look totally different from each other because of paint, wheel choice, ride height, tint, side mirrors, grille, foglights, muffler tip, etc. all of those elements skew the *total* look one way or another. a kit can look like **** or look dope. depends on the artist.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by shavedmax

i sway the other way, main reason is, urethane can crack (usually only if its cold, but it can tear if you get hung up somewhere[speed bump,parking median etc]). if that happens 9 times out of 10 youll throw it out 'cause you cant properly repair urethane. glass will crack, but can be "easily" fixed, repeatedly, and can be modified it it doesnt fit properly. my stillel rear valence, for example, will not stay up no matter what on the sides, double sided tape peels right off, and it is wider by the license plate( probably just my a/m bumper). i plan on molding it in glass, fitting it right, and once done it will be rigid enough to be held in by a screw by the license plate and a screw on each side of the 1/4 panels. another reason ill do it is because when i have the front of the car all the way up and the rear down, i drag the kit off(learned that going into a show in front of a 4th gen! . the glass one i can fit to be shorter so i dont drag it. just my $.02. not disagreeing with you mike, just sharing my past experience.
I understand and agree with you for the most part because I like you can do these things but the average person cant. you wouldnt need to repair the stillen though since it is covered under warrantee.

You need some better tape or urethane glue for the kit to stick. I used tape and didnt have any problems at all. Matter of fact it was extreemly hard to get off when the time came to do it. Either it was cheap tape (the stillen supplied tape is horrible) or you didnt clean the pieces properly (kinda doubt that since you know what your doing). Of course I dont live in the extreem cold that you do either so that makes a difference.

I put a screw in each fender well, one in the exhaust cut out and a couple behind the license plate...the kit fit perfectly with my license cutout so it like you said it was probably the am bumper. Makes me nervous now since I am putting an am bumper on.

Dont get me wrong I like glass stuff but for the average person that doesnt know the first thing about body work or fiberglass then they probably shouldnt mess with it unless they have a shop that can put it on (I have yet to have a fiberglass part that didnt need work) and repair it when it gets broken.

btw whats the latest on the completion of your car?
Old 07-20-2003, 03:58 PM

I understand and agree with you for the most part because I like you can do these things but the average person cant. you wouldnt need to repair the stillen though since it is covered under warrantee.

You need some better tape or urethane glue for the kit to stick. I used tape and didnt have any problems at all. Matter of fact it was extreemly hard to get off when the time came to do it. Either it was cheap tape (the stillen supplied tape is horrible) or you didnt clean the pieces properly (kinda doubt that since you know what your doing). Of course I dont live in the extreem cold that you do either so that makes a difference.

I put a screw in each fender well, one in the exhaust cut out and a couple behind the license plate...the kit fit perfectly with my license cutout so it like you said it was probably the am bumper. Makes me nervous now since I am putting an am bumper on.

Dont get me wrong I like glass stuff but for the average person that doesnt know the first thing about body work or fiberglass then they probably shouldnt mess with it unless they have a shop that can put it on (I have yet to have a fiberglass part that didnt need work) and repair it when it gets broken.

btw whats the latest on the completion of your car?

yeah, youre right, i didnt know stillen guaranteed the kit, i dont think i got any paperwork on that, just install intructions. i did use the stillen tape, so that may be the reason why it isnt sticking. i considered urethaning it in, but i want to be able to remove it when i need to , so that really isnt an option.

car is going to be painted hopefully before month end, after many sleepless nights(j/k)i decided ill just stick to silver, 2003 honda, theres like 7 or 8 diferent codes, this one is very bright but has a slight blue tint to it, then probably(the third most common mod for 3rd gens) a blue pearl over that. i just bought a parts car with mint doors on it, so those will get shaved(i didnt like how mine were done originally)and then ill be able to wash the car with out a brillo pad , u?
Old 07-20-2003, 04:29 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

yeah, youre right, i didnt know stillen guaranteed the kit, i dont think i got any paperwork on that, just install intructions. i did use the stillen tape, so that may be the reason why it isnt sticking. i considered urethaning it in, but i want to be able to remove it when i need to , so that really isnt an option.

car is going to be painted hopefully before month end, after many sleepless nights(j/k)i decided ill just stick to silver, 2003 honda, theres like 7 or 8 diferent codes, this one is very bright but has a slight blue tint to it, then probably(the third most common mod for 3rd gens) a blue pearl over that. i just bought a parts car with mint doors on it, so those will get shaved(i didnt like how mine were done originally)and then ill be able to wash the car with out a brillo pad , u?
sweet. I am just trying to get mine out after yours so I will not be completely over shadowed by your car.

That silver sounds nice. I am going to paint my GXE silver. I looked at the seal grey Porsche color but its rather pricy. It has like 4 or 5 pearls in it.

Actually mine is going to a friends shop next week to make sure that my body work is slick (this guy is even more picky than me) and get anything I missed. He is going to prime and block sand it for me. I was originally going to but he offered so I figured why not take a little work off of me. He said he should be finished in a couple weeks and have it ready for me to paint. I just have to save up for the paint. I hope to be finished by the end of next month...maybe a little earlier.

I used the good 3M tape that you get from top auto supply stores (not chain stored like autozone) places that sell paint supplies.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:36 PM

theres a lifetime warranty on teh stillen kits? sheit
Old 07-20-2003, 05:40 PM

Actually mine is going to a friends shop next week to make sure that my body work is slick (this guy is even more picky than me) and get anything I missed. He is going to prime and block sand it for me. I was originally going to but he offered so I figured why not take a little work off of me. He said he should be finished in a couple weeks and have it ready for me to paint. I just have to save up for the paint. I hope to be finished by the end of next month...maybe a little earlier.

I used the good 3M tape that you get from top auto supply stores (not chain stored like autozone) places that sell paint supplies.
yeah im kinda dooing the same. i'm going to shot it in a friends shop where i can use him and his booth . i went on saturday to have him overlook the work and he told me he wanted to take the primer down to plastic (not much metal left on the side with the gas door!) just to make sure there's nothing there that will lift up. when he said that i figured i should get the parts car and just shave those doors. the ones on the car had warped when i did it originally(virgin welder), and it would take more time to make those look nice. he told me 2 weeks, i'm hoping to cut that down to 1 if i redo the doors. 1/4 panels are pretty good, trunk needs a little work, bumper may need work, it keeps stress cracking where the urethane meets the original cover, but only on one side. oh well soon, 2 yrs of primer and you go into clear coat denial. i actually enjoy washing my stratus , and its not even mine, its a company car!
Old 07-20-2003, 05:56 PM

pardon my ignorance, but if you shave the doors, how do you open them?
Old 07-20-2003, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by bonzelite
pardon my ignorance, but if you shave the doors, how do you open them?
solenoids, u press a button on a remote, and *pop* they're open
Old 07-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

yeah lifetime warranty
Old 07-20-2003, 08:13 PM

i had no idea, glad to hear it tho
Old 07-20-2003, 11:05 PM

Originally posted by Chris91SE
yeah lifetime warranty
So how does all that work? You just call them up and say biotch, my kit is broken?

I bet what'll happen, I'll send my kit in. They'll see their name isn't stamped on it, and they will not only not give me a new piece, but they'll keep the one i sent in for replacement.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

fake stillen kit
Old 07-20-2003, 11:13 PM

fake stillen kit
Jokes on you. I sent a guy to your town from work today with a truck and trailer. Not only am I getting my lip back, but I'm taking your car too

I really did have someone go to your place today. If you see a big Uhaul with a black Honda Accord behind it, I hooked all that up
Old 07-21-2003, 01:23 PM

my friend has a 94 and has a Wings West Kit..he should be in the first 5 if you search through 94's
Old 07-21-2003, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by Shugarhi

solenoids, u press a button on a remote, and *pop* they're open
u took the fun away from that!, i love to tell people the clapper
Old 07-21-2003, 05:14 PM

u took the fun away from that!, i love to tell people the clapper
i seen someone do the "genie" where they blink and the doors pop open, good stuff
Old 07-21-2003, 05:44 PM

the Erebuni kit is nice too Kazama has that one
Old 07-21-2003, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by Shugarhi

i seen someone do the "genie" where they blink and the doors pop open, good stuff
i used to tell people it only recognized my clap, or it has to be a certain sequence, it was great, i would always tell them the right way in the end, but i would have so much fun with it. then i grew up and just tell people the truth. boring. i have to go back to my crazy ways!