3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Any VG guys interested in copper head gaskets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 10:36 AM
STFU n00b!

Any VG guys interested in copper head gaskets?

I've got a source that can get them from Australia for you- they're already designed and one set has been made, but again they're in Aus. Shipping over here will be $$$, so if there's enough interest, I'll be willing to buy a pile of them and ship them here and distribute from my "shop".

If we have 10 purchased, it's looking to be around $200 a set for them, including shipping from there to me and me to you. drop shipping directly to you is out of the question (think $100 per set instead of 200 for a heavy box split 10 ways).

Anyway, if there's enough interest, I'll make some calls and get the ball rolling.

For those of you with questions, there's a TON of info on the main forum from VQ guys that are getting them for turbo and SC projects (other people need not apply, unless you're spraying a lot- another things of which only a couple are doing.)

Again, it's all a matter of supply. If you want them made, you gotta put forth some effort and pay a little money for it.

I'm thinking that once I get enough people interested, I'll take 50% deposits on them then order the stuff and when they get here, I'll ask for the rest of the $$ and ship to whomever sends the $.

So who's up for some?
Old 07-24-2003, 09:35 PM
STFU n00b!

I didn't think so. Don't ask for mods if you're not willing to pay for them.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Matt, honestly, I wouldn't bother trying to set stuff up anymore. I dont remember if I said I was gonna buy one or not, but I'm pretty sure I told you that I was at least interested in the flywheels.

I'm not sure if you are sitting on all those flywheels, but for some reason, nobody wants to step up to the plate on anything.

Same thing with the coilovers...........
Old 07-24-2003, 10:58 PM
STFU n00b!

Yup, exactly. I'll stop wasting my time and move on to bigger and better things. I'll keep my mods to myself from now on.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:01 AM

Nah matt, I appreciate you offering, on several things I would have liked to, but the whole no money thing usually... I don't think that there is enough parts offered for our cars that they have on many other cars, including focus's!
If people like you didn't go out there and try something new, many others wouldn't follow, or get so innovated.
I'd still like to hear any new idea's you have, but however you feel.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:15 AM

bolt on app are very limited to our maxima due to their construction.

I would love to see a sc on my max, but there is no space to put it in, the coil overs was alot of money, and there are people who would love to get them, the fly wheel was a perfect time for me to get them. i think that some if not most 3rd gen owners are very strick on their budget. and our prices on some mods are way higher than 4th and 5th gen because of the market.
The true enthusist are willing to try new things, and lead the pack in to bigger and better things.

I for once thank you matt for the fly wheel gd. How about a UDP gd, ve and vg are both out of the limbo. FSB, RSB gd.

I wish i can use my maxima as a test max to try a sc or turbo. i would do it if anyone wants to try to make a 3rd gen the most popular sleeper max of the generations/.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:24 AM

Originally posted by crazy4maxima
I wish i can use my maxima as a test max to try a sc or turbo. i would do it if anyone wants to try to make a 3rd gen the most popular sleeper max of the generations/.
Heheheh ... just watch this space dude
Old 07-25-2003, 05:30 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by crazy4maxima

How about a UDP gd, ve and vg are both out of the limbo. FSB, RSB gd.
because those are parts that are easily obtainable at a cheap price already. people are trying to develop NEW products for us and it's going to cost some money up front.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Matt93SE
I didn't think so. Don't ask for mods if you're not willing to pay for them.
Surely I am not the only dirt poor college student who has to save for several months just to buy some decent tires? Furthermore, I don't have an extra car to drive so any projects have to get done over a long weekend.

I know, I know... Cry me a river. My point is that I think a lot of people driving 3rdGens are in the same or a similar boat.

Finally, you are looking to profit from the sale of aftermarket parts. It is really cool that you take the initiative to do so. However, don't get mad at us when no one buys anything. It is nothing personal. I and or we just don't have the $$$
Old 07-25-2003, 07:13 AM
1992 Maxima SE

Originally posted by Pervis Anathema

Surely I am not the only dirt poor college student who has to save for several months just to buy some decent tires? Furthermore, I don't have an extra car to drive so any projects have to get done over a long weekend.

I know, I know... Cry me a river. My point is that I think a lot of people driving 3rdGens are in the same or a similar boat.

Finally, you are looking to profit from the sale of aftermarket parts. It is really cool that you take the initiative to do so. However, don't get mad at us when no one buys anything. It is nothing personal. I and or we just don't have the $$$
same here, I had to drive for a dangeriously long time on bald tires before I could afford the cheapest set of kumho's that were available cost me $480. you could see the steel belts through the fractures in the top of the tires....

much less the money to fix the exhaust manifold, replace MAF sensor, knock sensor, and ignition coils like need to be done...yes i experience all the symptoms, the stalling, the eratic downshifting out of overdrive while crusing, and non-exitant power once the negine warms up...hell my engine feels a little bit weak even when it is just turned on.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:48 AM
STFU n00b!

Guys, I'm not trying to be ****y or anything, but you see all of these posts about people building turbos an monster engines and such... THOSE are the people these parts are meant for. There's easily a dozen built VGs out there, but most of them don't post on here often.
I don't expect the poor college kid who's trying to afford a set tires (let alone eibachs and toks) on his car to go out and buy a set of head gaskets for an engine they're probably never going to open. (FYI, I was also not making any money on the gaskets. actual cost was around $150 each, then it'll cost 20 each to ship from Aus and another 10 to ship here. factor in my time for the labor and packaging cost, and I'm losing money on the deal.)

The rest of the stuff is already done.... I just need some good quantity pricing so I can sell this stuff at a decent price without putting myself in a financial bind. I'm just as broke as most of you guys, so I work 60+ hours/week to afford to do stuff to my car. does that stop me? no. I learn to do things cheaply. I don't have a big shiny chrome/stainless muffler because they don't make my car any faster or add power. there's no point. The parts I sell mostly aren't even very pretty, but they work, and they work well. They're for people who would rather go than show. Look at my car on the road and you'll think it's a POS.... until I tap the gas pedal.

Anyway, it's pretty sad when I don't even get a response on stuff like this within the day. sure, the people I'm catering to are probably still out in the garage working on the cars, but there's a lot that have seen this post without a single reply. again, 99% of the people here won't want/need this stuff, so why read the post?

If you're not interested, don't post. I won't make it happen... if you ARE interested, let me know and I'll make stuff happen. but when nobody moves on new stuff, don't complain to me when you don't have any mods for the car. [/rant]