3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

intake question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 06:35 PM

intake question

i was wondering why the people who have just the pop charger and/or the frankencar midpipe dont use the factory tubing the starts behind the headlight. It looks like the pop charger gets the air from the engine compartment rather than the front if the pop charger was used with this stock tube. Most pictures i see of this setup looks like the enire factory intake is removed. Also what are the chances of rust where the hole is cut or other downfalls to a cai in the northeast with cold winters. If you had a bypass valve, how would you know when it was in use and when it wasnt? thank you
Old 07-26-2003, 11:08 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Re: intake question

Originally posted by max723
i was wondering why the people who have just the pop charger and/or the frankencar midpipe dont use the factory tubing the starts behind the headlight. That's a real good question - one I've pondered myself... It looks like the pop charger gets the air from the engine compartment rather than the front if the pop charger was used with this stock tube. True Most pictures i see of this setup looks like the enire factory intake is removed. Yep! Also what are the chances of rust where the hole is cut or other downfalls to a cai in the northeast with cold winters. If you treat the area with some kind of rust inhibitor, primer, and paint, that will combat the likeliehood of rust hitting that spot. If you had a bypass valve, how would you know when it was in use and when it wasnt? A wet engine compartment would be your biggest clue that it's working correctly, I'd think...thank you