3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Knight rider scanner

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2001, 09:45 PM

I recently purched a knight rider scanner on E-bay because I thought that it would look phat on my black SE but now I don't know how or where to install it. It came with mediocre directions. I wanted to put the scanner in the grille but I can seem to find a good way to support it in place without soldering. Has anyone seen this on a car or done it to their car? if so help me out.

One.
Old 02-06-2001, 12:00 AM
Pusssseeeehhhh

boy do i have a story for you , well first of all i put the scanner on my inside windsheild up by the rear view wiring went to a switch by the fuse box. looked great got alot of complimets but i dont have it on anymore and heres why......
going to a friends house one night i was driving on my college campus and a motorcycle cop drived by me he tured around pulled me over yelled me saying i was impersinating a police officer so he calls for 4 other squad cars as back up and he takes a photo of it on a digital camera and tells me im arretsted............he ends up letting me go..i nearly crapped myself and he lets me go scott free and jsut tells me to take it off or ill get ticketed etc..... waht a nutcase
Old 02-06-2001, 10:29 PM

You were driving with the scanner lights on??? That's a big no no... It's kind of the same thing as having strobe lights. Never drive with strobe lights on unless you want a $500 fine! I had a custom LED alarm scanner that I installed in my blue max. It was placed at the bottom in the center of the front windshield. Whenever I locked my car with my alarm remote, the LED scanner would start flashing and I also have a single LED inside where the shifter was that also blinks. It helped stop alot of vandals from breaking into my car. I had these lights on in front of cops (while parked) and they didn't say anything to me.

Originally posted by maxse91
boy do i have a story for you , well first of all i put the scanner on my inside windsheild up by the rear view wiring went to a switch by the fuse box. looked great got alot of complimets but i dont have it on anymore and heres why......
going to a friends house one night i was driving on my college campus and a motorcycle cop drived by me he tured around pulled me over yelled me saying i was impersinating a police officer so he calls for 4 other squad cars as back up and he takes a photo of it on a digital camera and tells me im arretsted............he ends up letting me go..i nearly crapped myself and he lets me go scott free and jsut tells me to take it off or ill get ticketed etc..... waht a nutcase
Old 02-06-2001, 10:32 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

well teh scanner i was using did not consist of LED's and did not project light at all, it was basically indiglo and the 6 or so 1 inch long strips would light up in different orders, one reason i was let go is because this type of scanner cant show up on pictures due to the indigle being so light in brightness
Old 02-06-2001, 10:50 PM

Consider yourself lucky

Originally posted by maxse91
well teh scanner i was using did not consist of LED's and did not project light at all, it was basically indiglo and the 6 or so 1 inch long strips would light up in different orders, one reason i was let go is because this type of scanner cant show up on pictures due to the indigle being so light in brightness