3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Uh oh....help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 06:28 PM

Uh oh....help!

I just got done changing my spark plugs in my 94 VG, and while I was doing so, the ceramic housing on one of the plugs that I was removing came apart. After I got the plug out, I stuck a small plastic tube down in the hole to vacuum out the fragments. I thought I got them all, but after I finished up, I started the engine, and there was a terrible (!) knocking noise. What have I done, and how can it be corrected?
Old 08-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Uh oh....help!

Originally posted by Wankenstein
I just got done changing my spark plugs in my 94 VG, and while I was doing so, the ceramic housing on one of the plugs that I was removing came apart. After I got the plug out, I stuck a small plastic tube down in the hole to vacuum out the fragments. I thought I got them all, but after I finished up, I started the engine, and there was a terrible (!) knocking noise. What have I done, and how can it be corrected?
AS piece of ceramic must have fallen into the combustion chamber. Do a compression check.