3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Folding downs seats, taking orders

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 10:37 PM

Folding down rear seats, taking orders

Hey guys, I have had sum interest in the folding downs seats that come with my car & I want to know if anybody else is interested? I also am taking orders for the rear bumper on my car 2. Had at least 3 requests for the cost of it & shippng, Bout to find out the shipping on monday or tuesday. PM me if u r interested.

Peace Eddie
Old 09-13-2003, 01:43 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

folding down seats ? are these back seats ? what color, leather ?
Old 09-13-2003, 02:09 PM

Yeah, folding down rear seats, I should have said that. I guess in any standard color that came with the car. & I guess in leather too
Originally Posted by gowirelessnj
folding down seats ? are these back seats ? what color, leather ?
Old 09-13-2003, 03:17 PM

any pix of the seats
Old 09-13-2003, 05:07 PM

yea i need tan leather
Old 09-13-2003, 05:32 PM

What exactly are you selling here? Your seats, or the information to modify other seats to fold.

Old 09-13-2003, 06:53 PM

Any idea approximately what shipping would cost to the states?
Old 09-14-2003, 12:10 AM

To answer to ALL ure questions,
1. To Pest, go to my site, have pics there.
2. To Lord, I'm finding guys who want to buy the seats that come standard down here in NZ. They all fold down in the gen. 3 style. Can buy them straight from Nissan.
3. I can find out about tan leather interior.
4. Going to find out how much it costs to ship to the states......
Old 09-14-2003, 01:26 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You got pm.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:35 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

i don't know how u guys are going to get around the cloth/leather thing unless cars in NZ have a perfect matched interior to the cars here.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY

i don't know how u guys are going to get around the cloth/leather thing unless cars in NZ have a perfect matched interior to the cars here.
From those pix Kiwi's have better taste - looks like an old man's car . Cloth trim could be a problem but leather should be a closer match.

Hey Eddie - doesn't look like I'm gonna make Wellington for LOTR premiere - going on vacation to US / UK in April so gotta save...
Old 09-14-2003, 04:17 AM

Hey man, sorry to hear that, was looking forward on catching up. Might have to *** upthere.

Hey Eddie - doesn't look like I'm gonna make Wellington for LOTR premiere - going on vacation to US / UK in April so gotta save...[/QUOTE]
Old 09-14-2003, 09:43 AM

Hey man, what did you find out about the folding seats?? I'm also looking for the tan leather seats to the US.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:19 AM

I'm sorry to say but those cloths are pretty ugly
Old 09-14-2003, 12:04 PM

I want some.

When you find out how much i would like to know, and also if they have it in the charcoal gray cloth with no pattern.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:04 PM

Well, they are standard in the car. I'm going to change my seats too I'm just wanting to know if why the US don't have them
Originally Posted by Aphrodisiac
I'm sorry to say but those cloths are pretty ugly
Old 09-15-2003, 02:01 AM

Sorry but the leather interior 3rd gens didn't have spilt fold seats, as leather was an option in NZ, they just put in a different set of seats in like whats in the american maxs.

The shipping would cost more than the seat itself I think and u would have to match up trim codes or get them retrimmed to match.

I work for a Nissan dissmanlter in NZ and we send stuff over to the US and I know the basic costs. Ouchh is all I can say conciding the general size etc.. of the seats. Would be cheaper to organize a container if u had enough orders.

I myself was thinking about seeing if people wanted to buy the nz style corner lights but the cost of shipping 1 to 2 at a time wasn't worth the $5 or $20 saving u may get depending where u live.

Just my to cents, It would be great to send stuff back and forth tho put me down for a VE auto manual conversion.

Cheers Andrew
Old 09-15-2003, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Spazz
Sorry but the leather interior 3rd gens didn't have spilt fold seats, as leather was an option in NZ, they just put in a different set of seats in like whats in the american maxs.
Only a Mooloo boy could be so, so wrong... Let a Blues Man put you right

All NZ spec Max's have split folding rear seats - cloth trim or leather, they all fold. When I was looking for my Max, checked out plenty of NZ-spec Max's with both cloth & leather trim; all the rear seats folded.

FYI: Our basic trim is same as Aussie trim - which is why we have reflectors in the rear bumpers & non-euro max's don't. NZ spec Max's have local wiring & keyless entry modules. Have also been told Jap Max drivers door switch unit not compatible with NZ max. Be careful when selling Jap parts for NZ cars - they're not always compatible.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:42 AM

Yeah, true that Spazz. I called Nissan & they are pretty expensive. But, he did find me leather ones too. The guy was going to find a second hand place today & call me back 2morrow. To let u guys know, going to find the measurements of the boxes 2morrow & will call UPS to get the right price. I may have to do like he said & get a container full to sumone in hte states. He can be my contact upthere.

By the way Spazz, if u want a VE engine, look for a Jap import. They have VE engines in them. The best way I found out was looking at the corner lights. They are orange for them, while him are smoked. I do have sum interest in the bumper too. I have the price, getting the measurements 2morrow for the box.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:47 AM

Just my to cents, It would be great to send stuff back and forth tho put me down for a VE auto manual conversion.

Cheers Andrew
And another thing: why would you even bother with a VE conversion when they give so many problems with the VTC's - which are gonna be hard & expensive to fix here as they're a jap part only. Better to spend the dolleros on a VQ with manual tranny & figure out how to make it work. Aye Carumba!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:17 AM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

if a VQ could be done i would have done it already. engine and manual trans. However the rewiring would be a pain and the mounts do NOT match up at all. you would have to custom fabricate mounts to fit that sucker in. then you need the VQ computer and wiring harness ect... so needless to say theres alot of wiring and fabrication involved. i have already look heavily into this as my vtc's are shot to hell. its either 800 bucks for brand new ones or thousands for a VQ conversion on the fact you do the fabricating. but for that you would have to be a very skiled welder and fabricator. its not worth it for me unless someone makes a kit for the conversion. (hint hint.) people would make a killing if a kit could be fabricated.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by gowirelessnj
"...i have already look heavily into this as my vtc's are shot to hell. its either 800 bucks for brand new ones..."
And thats US$800 - imagine the cost in NZ$, even if you could get them at auto parts stores... Stick with the VG30 - may not make as much hp & torque, but then you don't have to worry about VTC's either.

Yeah, if VQ conversion easy we'd all be doing it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Andrew - who do you work for in Hamilton? Good luck to the Mooloo Men in this weekend's Shield match against the stinkin' mainlanders - hope Waikato win
Old 09-16-2003, 04:29 AM

Hey man, I love the Mooloo men too, but not when they play CANTERBURY I hope they retain the shield....
Old 09-16-2003, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by EdzMax
Hey man, I love the Mooloo men too, but not when they play CANTERBURY I hope they retain the shield....
Wouldn't be a Cantab fan by any chance, would we? I just like to play up to the stereotypical Dorklander everyone hates (used to live in Palmy North...)
I'm more a league & F1 fan myself - Go the Warriors! Go Ferrari!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:26 PM

I have the VE already I want the manual to put in it. VE auto to Manaul conversion. Not VE and Manual conversion. A VQ would be sweet but theres just to many hassels and not worth the money. And if it were that easy I would have brougt one of the 6 or so engines that we have at work and done it, like the man said if it where that easy it would have been done an I don't think anyones done it, just toyed with the idea like me. Would be cheaper to Pay "Nissan" to fix the VTC's, than to do a complete swap and grounding them works fine for now. Cost $200+ for a VE water pump and $80 for a VG. I'll turbo it before I swap it out.

And not all NZ maxs have split fold seats unless people take them out and put in none split folds. And the keyless entry was on the SES (or whatever they called it) model, not all of the kiwi maxs. I noticed that most of the kiwi cars had spilt folds and all the cars that I sore that had leather only had the ski port. I looked at heaps of maxs and other cars before I got mine. And all I can say is bargin.

The jap door catch doesn't work because the keyless entry catch has the soleniod to lock and unlock the drivers door, but the no keyless doesn't. Unless u have it fittied for an alarm etc..
does work the plugs different thats all

nismobaron a Jaffa the Blues u say.
Yes we'll have the shield by sunday.
Didn't know that there where this many Max people in NZ Sweet. How many are there email and tell wheres u all live Max gathering would be fun.

C Uooo
Andrew
Old 09-18-2003, 04:59 AM

...not all NZ maxs have split fold seats unless people take them out and put in none split folds. And the keyless entry was on the SES (or whatever they called it) model, not all of the kiwi maxs. I noticed that most of the kiwi cars had spilt folds and all the cars that I sore that had leather only had the ski port. I looked at heaps of maxs and other cars before I got mine. And all I can say is bargin.

The jap door catch doesn't work because the keyless entry catch has the soleniod to lock and unlock the drivers door, but the no keyless doesn't. Unless u have it fittied for an alarm etc..
does work the plugs different thats all.
NZ Max's came in 4 trim levels - S, SL, SE & SEL. Some have 3.0i badging - these are S trim models.
All SE & SEL models have keyless entry & alarm as factory fitted. Some SE's have leather, some don't - probably an option. Harder to see the seat release tab on leather equipped models than those with cloth - maybe that's why some appeared to only have ski ports.
My owners manual makes no mention of split rear seats for some models & ski port only for others - therefore have to assume all NZ max's have them. You might have seen some Jap imports that have been repaired with NZ parts - hence ski port only.
Not sure if Jap drivers main switch will operate NZ max or not - could be the dealer trying to get $340 outta me... Damn hard to get second hand - either for NZ or Jap import. This is why I've finally fixed my switch, saving myself at least $330 - post to come.
I still say go Waikato except Canterbury likely to win. As long as the Warriors don't embarass themselves, I don't care who has the log of wood...
Old 09-18-2003, 06:14 PM

All i can say is GO SOUTHLAND!!! hehe - i'm a yokel at heart.. I'd also love a VE manual conversion, and since my VE is in prime form, with new VTC's, exhaust and intake, and a new KS on the way, and am thinking about heading down to repco to buy some platnum plugs today too.. wonder if theyre worth it.. any ideas?

Man, there sure are a few nzers on here now though, we should look at forming a club
Old 09-18-2003, 06:18 PM

I know, chchmax. I talked to Nismobaron about doing a trip upnorth near Akl. Theres 6 of us on here now, should get 2gether.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:21 PM

yeah, guess i'm on the wrong side of the divide Would be keen to make the trip up though if something was organised! but, uni is only 5 weeks away from finishing for the year, so i'll be heading back down south to play herd manager for a few months. What you reckon, should i spend nearly $150 on some new NGK platnum plugs?
Old 09-18-2003, 06:27 PM

I was going to til I found out how much they were. SO, I just got the regular ones. Will get the platnums soon. They will last for 100,000 kms. Man, ure getting them for $150, the guy told me $180. Where u getting them for that price???
Old 09-18-2003, 06:41 PM

sorry, i am just guessing at the price.. will head off now and have a look i think. Got the car serviced the other day (mechanical warranty means i have to have a MTA person service it...) and they told me that there are cheap $2 plugs in it, and that could be causing one or two of the power loss problems i get sometimes... so, will see if these make a difference!
Old 09-18-2003, 07:16 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by EdzMax
I was going to til I found out how much they were. SO, I just got the regular ones. Will get the platnums soon. They will last for 100,000 kms. Man, ure getting them for $150, the guy told me $180. Where u getting them for that price???
So that I understand just how expensive these plugs are for you. What is the exchange rate to US$?
Old 09-18-2003, 07:41 PM

i just bought ngk iridium ix's for $22 per plug, which is around $12.90 USD per plug - should do the trick
Old 09-19-2003, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by chchmax
i just bought ngk iridium ix's for $22 per plug, which is around $12.90 USD per plug - should do the trick

Hey man, tell me where u got the plugs from? Don't know if I should buy sum. I just got a tuneup done the other week. Replaced my old plugs with cheap ones. Just thinking should I go platnum.... Let me know how things go with ure car...
Old 09-19-2003, 06:33 AM
mod or sell?

What number did they give you? the NGK book doesn't show anything other than a Platinum plug #PFR5C-11 (2271) for the 92-94 SE. The price does sound right though.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:23 PM

Ouch! $22 per plug! Man, that's gotta hurt... I'm gonna stick with the standard NGK's at $6 each and change them every year. Usually change car's every 2 years, so not worth spending $130 on iridium's...

NZ - US exchange rate: NZ$1 = US$0.58
Old 09-19-2003, 04:59 PM

No i don't want to get into a pi$$ fight about trim levels in maxima's, but only making an assumption on the subject because u can't find it in your service manual. There a alot of different build specs and types and they Nissan really haven't time to list them all, U will find that some are likely to be the same throughout a car but others were changed around abit from differant cloth patterns to bolts used in the engine bay to differant dash clusters.
And I can make out the differances between jap and NZ max's mostly its easier to read the build plate. I looked for a car with fold down seat but prefered the leather, and found none with split folding seat one had fold down seats but the opening was about the size of the ski port any ways. So I got the jap max better enginge (apart from VTCs), trans, etc.. better build quality to boot no sqeaks or rattles.

Does any know if the platuim plugs really make that much differants in proformance for $180 - $200 u could do better things with the money and time. Like airfilter, spark lead if u have them, genral maintance etc.. ??

WAIKATO
Old 09-19-2003, 11:06 PM

That's cool about trim levels. NZ, OZ & Euro Nissan's are unusual in that sedans get split folding rear seats whereas rest of world doesn't (why? who knows...).
Interested to hear the Jap VE Max tranny differs from NZ - what's the product designation? If it has a better tranny, I'm gonna get one
Old 09-19-2003, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by nismobaron
Ouch! $22 per plug! Man, that's gotta hurt... I'm gonna stick with the standard NGK's at $6 each and change them every year. Usually change car's every 2 years, so not worth spending $130 on iridium's...

NZ - US exchange rate: NZ$1 = US$0.58

I found out from a buddy of mine whos a mechanic said the platnums last for 100,000 kms. So, I think for me it would be a good investment. I have had my ride for 3 years & only put on 30,000 or so kms. I dont drive her that much, but when I do ALL HELL BREAKS LOSE

Hey Nismo, should we make a date together? I'm sure Spazz & Chchmax would love to get 2gether to trade secerts. I don't mind driving half the way.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:21 PM

Think that we should change the posted name to "NZ maxima owners I'm not the only one".

Don't know about Platinum plugs still, does anyone know the preformance value of installing them. Still I will most likely stick to the more expensive stand cores.

Cant had 16 players not 15 like Waikato, Dam Ref.

Quick Reply: Folding downs seats, taking orders