3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Help!! Electrical problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001 | 01:33 PM

For some reason my parking/corner lamps won't come on.
I can't figure it out. The headlights work ok, but the rest is all off.. it kills me. I can't drive at night without them. Anyway, everything else works, the blinkers, the hazards, stop lights..... but none of the parking lamps are doing anything. I'm sure the system's fine because they still blink when I turn on/off the alarm. Could it be the switch? I really need help guys, thanks!
Old 02-15-2001 | 06:27 PM

Yak,

You might have a blown fuse. After I did my corner rewire, a lot of my lights went out, including the corner and parking lights. To check the fuse, open that little fuse compartment in the knee panel. Check the fuse which corresponds to the one on the chart on the cover of the compartment--should say something like "Cornering lamp, Sidemarker lamp." Sometimes the fuse can even look and test okay when it's blown. If you have a fuse (10, 15, 20 amps), try substituting it and then turn on the lights. Good luck. Usually, the problem is the fuse, so I would give that a shot first.

Peter
Old 02-15-2001 | 06:29 PM

How about..

If there was a blown fuse, would the aftermarket
alarm still be able to light the parking lamps?
Could it be the switch? I'm pretty sure its not
any relays. I just bought one and tried replacing
all the light relays.

Old 02-15-2001 | 07:14 PM

Ooookay.....

I didn't read your post too carefully the first time, so I didn't know the lights still came on when you used your alarm. Ummm, don't really know anything about aftermarket alarms. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2001 | 12:16 AM

man, I figured it out...

I blew a fuse, as well as a bunch of wiring inside going from the battery to the fuse box. I guess I should really
learn to weatherproof my connections... I just did my own
corner lamp mod and we just had a huge assed rainstorm.
When I pulled out the wiring, it was all messed up and wet.
Boy oh boy!
Old 03-29-2001 | 06:36 PM

I'm having the same problem, but I have a 4th gen. I can't figure it out. Two of the fuses keep shorting out after I replace them. They don't even light up any of the parking lights/blinkers. I think there's a short somewhere in the electrical wiring. Any advice?