3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

inspiration!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 09:48 PM

inspiration!

well guys, I was looking under my hood, as i always do, to see if i can figure out a way to fix my over heating problem (which really is a pressure inside the coolant system problem due to a pipe which is attached to my car, the pipe that holds the Fan Sensor switch / Temp Sensor, which is rusted and allows air to get into my system, and i thought it was my heating core) but I also was told by the guys @ midas that my cat converter was bad, when it was actulally the rear headers leak, which is good news because I get to put on new racing headers! (dont worry i will use the search function too read threads about headers). But I wanted to post this to tell you guys thanks for all the information, pictures, and words of inspiration, because now im going to do the damn installs myself, to save myself money, and it looks fun to do. Also when I was under my car i found these problems

-Oil Pan Sensor Wire cut
-Rack and Pinion System Bushings (both) Obliterated
-Control Arm Bushings gone (both)
-Oil Pan Leak (damn shops told me I would have to steam clean it to find out where the problem lies when I saw it my damn self with a flash light @ night!)

Is there anything else i should look for while im down there that I probably dont know about because Im an amaeture to this here repair game
Old 10-01-2003, 07:19 AM
STFU n00b!

Due to all the other moronic things you've talked about being wrong with it (cut sensor wires and such)
my first look would be at the vacuum lines. you'll need a service manual to help with it, but check the routing of each one from end to end and make sure they go to the correct spot. probably not a bad idea to replace them whiel you're at it. about 10 ft of vacuum line will be enough. just pull them off one by one, cut the new hose to length, then replace.

your engine mounts are probably also gone- which is one of the key factors in ripping apart manifold studs.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:23 PM

engine is gone

well, seems like im not going to be doing any of that works since my head gaskets blew today, water in oil = coffee, now i get to shop around for a new engine, any suggestions on which would be the best engine to put in a 1990 Max GXE Automatic?
Old 10-01-2003, 12:58 PM

vg30e.....