3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Custom Speaker enclosure for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2000, 03:45 PM

I have a custom built enclosure for a 3rd gen Max. The enclosure comes with two JL Audio 15w6's. The enclosure is built with in several thousands of what JL calls for internal dimensions. The box fits neatly between the two rear wheelwells in the trunk, and up against the rear seat. I built the box with two notches in it to accomadate the 6x9's in the rear deck lid. This not only allows for a nice installed look, but it also makes it highly theft proof. I also removed the seats in my car, and secured it behind them to the floor, then put them back in for a little more security. The box is made of 3/4 MDF, completly sealed from the inside with silicone caulk, in all the seams, plus I found spray silicone caulk, and coated all the wood inside the box. Then I filled the box with the required 20 ounces of Poly-fill, in both sides, since the box is divided in the middle, to allow the speakers to move independently. All the connections inside the box have been soldered to keep them from coming loose, and there are connecting plates on the outside rear of the box. The box was then carpeted in indoor/outdoor carpet that is a very close match to the factory gray that I had in my 90 SE. The box comes with the two JL 15W6's, and a punch one farad cap with a gold connecting block on top, and all the power cable neccessary to hook it up and the RCA's. For power I used a Infinity Beta Digital amp running at 900 watts. Unfourtanetly the amp was defective and fried three weeks after I got it. Crutchfield took it back and was going to replace it soon as Infinity sent them some more. In the mean time my transmission went out for the second time in two years. The car only had 86,000 on it, replaced the transmission once for 2,500 dollars, but I decided not to do it again, so I traded it in and bought a 97 Tahoe. You can power the speakers with whatever you want but Crutchfield has a great deal on the Infinities for 399. I am asking $500 for the box, speakers, capacitor, and wiring. Contact me at kennel.akw@erols.com

Thanks, Adam