3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anyone with upgraded headlights,foglights,corners,etc

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 06:00 PM
living out of a maxima...

I'm looking to upgrade all that stuff. I want some very bright, very white bulbs that I can put into all of those places. From what I hear I should definetly go for the APC wiring harness, so I think I will. But I'd like to know if anyone has any experiences with good bulbs that fit that description. I've heard PIAAs are great, but they're $$$$. Anything comperable for less $?
Old 02-16-2001, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by JeffesonM
I'm looking to upgrade all that stuff. I want some very bright, very white bulbs that I can put into all of those places. From what I hear I should definetly go for the APC wiring harness, so I think I will. But I'd like to know if anyone has any experiences with good bulbs that fit that description. I've heard PIAAs are great, but they're $$$$. Anything comperable for less $?
In reviews, of all those "HID" bulbs, PIAA makes the only bulb that gives an increase, however it is negliable. the rest of the bulbs, "Hyper-white" bulbs will not be much brighter than halogen, it's all for show, esp. those "Plasma-blue" bulbs.

as for the wiring harness, if you run a high wattage bulb you need to buy one or you'll frie your wires.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:12 PM

Do I need a harness if I just want hyperwhites for my corners? I have slyvania cool blues and they look bright enough to me. How bright do the lights really have to be? I'm not that blind. It'd be cool if someone could answer my first question about the harness and all. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by ghostmax
Do I need a harness if I just want hyperwhites for my corners? I have slyvania cool blues and they look bright enough to me. How bright do the lights really have to be? I'm not that blind. It'd be cool if someone could answer my first question about the harness and all. Thanks.
check if they are teh same wattage as stock, if so, then you don't need one
Old 02-16-2001, 10:52 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by ngthing

In reviews, of all those "HID" bulbs, PIAA makes the only bulb that gives an increase, however it is negliable. the rest of the bulbs, "Hyper-white" bulbs will not be much brighter than halogen, it's all for show, esp. those "Plasma-blue" bulbs.

as for the wiring harness, if you run a high wattage bulb you need to buy one or you'll frie your wires.

Actually, in the latest tests on these bulbs, PIAA failed miserably, while the $12 Phillips jobs you can buy at wal-mart outperformed most of the others out there.
Old 02-16-2001, 11:00 PM

I suggest Hiper Industries 85w bulbs with the APC wiring harness. You should be able to pick them up on ebay for like $30 and they are comparable to PIAA. I had some but I didnt have the APC harness. They worked great for a few months until they melted down.
Old 02-17-2001, 08:31 AM

Matt; BULB test?

Where? show me.
Old 02-17-2001, 03:25 PM
living out of a maxima...

Actually, Matt, that would be very helpful if you had a link to that or some more details or something.