3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

New to the board and a new maxima owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 01:51 PM

New to the board and a new maxima owner

Hi everyone, I am new to the board and I just got my new car on monday, its a 1992 maxima SE.

I do have a problem with it that I was hoping someone could help me with. The rear Bose speakers do not work. I checked fuse's and the connections to the speakers and the fader on the deck, so I cant figure out why they dont work?

But anyway, thanks for any help

Oh and I have pics of the car but I dont know how to post them? Is there a # of posts you must have before you can post pics?
Old 10-09-2003, 01:53 PM
I'm needing a caw

Welcome. I'm in Seattle/Bellevue. There's no limit on posts for pictures.

Please use the search engine here for "bose" and "post pics". TThat should answer everything.

Also visit here. http://www.nwmaxima.com/index.php
Old 10-09-2003, 01:59 PM

Welcome, best idea is to scrap the bose and go aftermarket, but it all depends on your budget. Hurry, and post some pics of the new ride. 5 speed??????
Old 10-09-2003, 03:53 PM

Welcome to .org. Enjoy your stay.

http://soundrepair.com/ For Bose repair.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Way out West

It's good to see another Northwest guy on here with a VE!

look under the "test" forum (it's near the bottom) in the FAQs there is help getting your pics and signature posted. You should start by getting a cardomain.com site or something similar to host your pics.

Good luck and enjoy your max.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Way out West

I forgot to mention -- my advice is to scrap the whole bose setup. It is a pain to deal with and once you have it out, you will have lots of options on deck/speaker/amp placement. Your speakers are probably blown or the amps are blown, that is my best guess.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Whats up! Welcome to the .org. If your speakers arent playing it probably just means the amps are fried. I would have to agree with everyone that says go aftermarket, too.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Red92MaxSE
It's good to see another Northwest guy on here with a VE!
Sorry for the newb. question but whats VE?
Old 10-09-2003, 10:19 PM

Whats up with car domain? I went there to try to post my pics or whatever and its giving me some error?
Old 10-09-2003, 10:24 PM
This is a democracy

ve is the engine type, its the DOHC engine in the 3rd gens, vg would be whats in the gxe's which is SOHC. ur are graced with the better one have fun and welcome to the org. one tip, use the search so u dont get yelled at my moderators and also by other memebers.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Irishmax92
ve is the engine type, its the DOHC engine in the 3rd gens, vg would be whats in the gxe's which is SOHC. ur are graced with the better one have fun and welcome to the org. one tip, use the search so u dont get yelled at my moderators and also by other memebers.
Thanks man, sorry I didnt search. your ride looks great! I wish I could get the pics of mine up!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ChucKfORRESt27
Thanks man, sorry I didnt search. your ride looks great! I wish I could get the pics of mine up!
Nevermind, I got the pics posted
Old 10-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ChucKfORRESt27
Nevermind, I got the pics posted
Your car looks great! I love the color and the interior, so clean and sleek. Did you get it already looking that way or have you done anything to it yet?
Old 10-09-2003, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Simatta
Your car looks great! I love the color and the interior, so clean and sleek. Did you get it already looking that way or have you done anything to it yet?
The only thing I did was put the wheels on so far, I just got it monday.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:03 AM
mod or sell?

Everyone keeps on saying either repair the bose amps or to scrap em'
NOWHERE can I find anyplace that tells you how to make sure that amps are bad!
Nobody anywhere gives an electrical diagnostic procedure. they only say to look for a blown cap.
What are you supposed to do if there is no indication of a blown cap?
Just throw in new amps and hope you didn't just waste a minimum of $75!
So somebody actually answer his question with a way to diagnose his friggin system Already!

I rant because I have the same problem and search has found NO useful info.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
Nobody anywhere gives an electrical diagnostic procedure. they only say to look for a blown cap.
So somebody actually answer his question with a way to diagnose his friggin system Already!

yeah I would like to repair my bose speakers in the back and I found a HUGE thred all about the bose systems but i got tired of reading threw all that sh**. I wish I could get a simple answer on that as well! So if you find anything out please let me know.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:54 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by internetautomar

without being rude, all of the information on these boards are posted voluntarily by other members who have been kind enough to share their experiences with us. They are under no obligation to hand feed you diagnostics and other means of working on your car.

If you want to know if the bose amps are bad, do a little detective work of your own, find out the way to see if they're bad, and come back with the answers. don't sit here and complain that the answers aren't there and expect someone else to do the hard work for you.

as for diagnosing the system, I'll give you a hint. the procedure will start with "Get out a multimeter. check voltages on the incoming power and signal lines."

If you can't do that part, then you shouldnt' be trying to repair or diagnose the Bose yourself in the first place. If you CAN do that part, then you will know how to finish the instructions.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime. I've handed you the first part. Now go fish.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:03 AM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

yea just see if thery are powered up. if they are dead hook up temp power and see if they kick on. if they do then sheck the fuses for the amps. if they dont then you better look into gettng new amps or going after market. BTW your interior leather looks great.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:38 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
without being rude, all of the information on these boards are posted voluntarily by other members who have been kind enough to share their experiences with us. They are under no obligation to hand feed you diagnostics and other means of working on your car.

If you want to know if the bose amps are bad, do a little detective work of your own, find out the way to see if they're bad, and come back with the answers. don't sit here and complain that the answers aren't there and expect someone else to do the hard work for you.
I have done that on other topics where I have the answer

as for diagnosing the system, I'll give you a hint. the procedure will start with "Get out a multimeter. check voltages on the incoming power and signal lines."
what about the other people who want to learn and don't know how to do what you are saying?

If you can't do that part, then you shouldnt' be trying to repair or diagnose the Bose yourself in the first place. If you CAN do that part, then you will know how to finish the instructions.
Actually I did do some diagnosis work before asking. the only part I truly need to know is what sort of signal is supposed at the end of the feed line from the HU. I already checked for power at the blue connector and it has power. Got the pin out for the radio so I am trying to make sure that there is even output to the rear from the HU.
and when I do figure this out I will post a thread with directions on how I diagnosed it for everyone to see. Rather than sit on my high horse and assume that I am great like some people do
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime. I've handed you the first part. Now go fish.
Sorry I don't like fish
Old 10-10-2003, 01:06 PM

welcome to the org

got any questions just ask but do a search first